Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

WC, what was the £10m for? Paying him off? Or what Everton were valuing him at (ie MU paid £85m for Lukaku less £10m that Rooney is valued at)?

There was no precision on that really, just 10 million € for Rooney. Seems to be just based on the article from what I presume is today's Guardian anyway.

Tbf Everton did ok too.

Basically swapped Lukaku for

Rooney (tbc)

Keane

Pickford

Ramirez

Klaassan

Onyekuru

They still have some spare change + have the Barkley fee to potentially come in.

they wont be taking the net spend trophy from our grasp!!!!

Ah ha, I have now seen the Grauniad article.

£75m + an easily attainable £15m add ons, so lets presume that it will be £90m there.

Rooney going the other way FOC, but that is where the £10m comes from as that is what Everton, and maybe Utd as well, value him at. So that brings it up to £100m

Then if reports are true, Utd have paid the last year of Rooney's wage as well (who knows, it might inc loyalty bonuses) coming to another £15m. Also, the agent's fee of £10-12m. I am presuming that Utd are paying this (as they paid £41m fee for Pogba). So adding these on, we get to £125-127m

So what they paid for Pogba and Lukaku, MU could have bought SFC. :)

Edited by angelman

£75m + an easily attainable £15m add ons, so lets presume that it will be £90m there.

Rooney going the other way FOC, but that is where the £10m comes from as that is what Everton, and maybe Utd as well, value him at. So that brings it up to £100m

Then if reports are true, Utd have paid the last year of Rooney's wage as well (who knows, it might inc loyalty bonuses) coming to another £15m. Also, the agent's fee of £10-12m. I am presuming that Utd are paying this (as they paid £41m fee for Pogba). So adding these on, we get to £125-127m

matters not, united can afford it

& we sold Mane for 30m :lol:

If these are the sort of fees ManU/City/Chelsea are willing to pay, we can bump that Van Dijk fee up about :D

Strikers are generally worth more than Defenders though. But the club seem to be sticking to our £75 million price tag anyway.

Tbf Everton did ok too.

Basically swapped Lukaku for

Rooney (tbc)

Keane

Pickford

Ramirez

Klaassan

Onyekuru

They still have some spare change + have the Barkley fee to potentially come in.

None of those will score 25 league goals. Their squad is going to be worse off.

If they sell Barkley too I wonder if we will see the same critical articles about Everton that we get from the Samuel and the like.

Edited by tajjuk

Lukaku from Chelsea to Everton for £28m?

There are pathetic cnts on here. Yeah there are a few. Hey don't forget Pogba. And you can trawl through and find other De Bruyne. So yeah Man City don't know what they are doing and let this 30 goal a season man go. Buy back clause you say,

Every year the clamour for wow what an amazing player x is. Iheanacho and Defoe scoring 30+ goals. Benteke will score so many and torment defences especially with Townsend and Cabaye feeding him. Bony will tear it up at Stoke.

Les leaving us behind as always I'm not renewing.

With addons. Lukaku £75m is 2.5x Mane's £30m. Lukaku 25 PL goals last season is 2.5x Mane's 10+11 in his 2 seasons with us. And that's with the massively increased fees this season. We got a good price for Mane.

we didnt. it was about average really. Seeing as spurs signed sissoko for a very similar fee from a club relegated

Apparently Lukaku has a 25% sell on clause from Chelsea, meaning Everton will only see 67 of the eventual 90 according to Twitter, and if he doesn't his whatever the clauses it'll be less than £60mil, so given we sold Mane before Pogba blew up the market this transfer isn't that much more above Mane's relative value at the time, and Lukaku scored more last season than Mane did in his whole career for us. I also realise i've used Heisenberg maths in this calculation.

we didnt. it was about average really. Seeing as spurs signed sissoko for a very similar fee from a club relegated

AFCON year. Plus Sissoko had 3 years left, Mane had 2. If we didn't sell Mane last season we would've got 8 months out of him and been forced to sell for less a year later.

AFCON year. Plus Sissoko had 3 years left, Mane had 2. If we didn't sell Mane last season we would've got 8 months out of him and been forced to sell for less a year later.

but mane was miles better and not from a relegated side and from a club who 'did not need to sell' and just about to play in Europe.

Sissoko was junk that season for newcastle too

but mane was miles better and not from a relegated side and from a club who 'did not need to sell' and just about to play in Europe.

Sissoko was junk that season for newcastle too

I'll agree with you there. They really overpaid for Sissoko. Doesn't mean the Mane deal wasn't good too though. Better than the risk of letting a player hit 1 year left, like the terrible deals we got for Wanyama and Clyne.

I'll agree with you there. They really overpaid for Sissoko. Doesn't mean the Mane deal wasn't good too though. Better than the risk of letting a player hit 1 year left, like the terrible deals we got for Wanyama and Clyne.

And that there, as I have said on several occasions, is the pertinent point. Just because a transfer is ridiculously over priced, does not mean that all should or will be. Last season, £50m was not the norm.

Last season.....https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB1/plus//galerie/0?saison_id=2016&land_id=alle&ausrichtung=&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=&zuab=0

Pogba - silly price

Oscar - silly price

Stones - silly price

Sané - £42.5m seems where the less silly ones start. Then it was Xhaka, Mkhitaryan and Mané. But if you put Mané's add ons on, then he was the 5th highest transfer in the world last season.

Everton about to shoot themselves in the foot by signing Rooney. Do not understand this signing at all' date=' especially considering the wages he will command. Bet Man Utd can't believe their luck.[/quote']

Think hes taking a huge pay cut and he is getting a massive pay off from united.

Have a flick through the Everton forum, seems they hace a cracking cheap deal for him (according to there verified ITKs)

He will compliment the young players they've signed recently

Everton about to shoot themselves in the foot by signing Rooney. Do not understand this signing at all' date=' especially considering the wages he will command. Bet Man Utd can't believe their luck.[/quote']

Don't see that he's any worse than Barkley on a good day; They'll sell Barkley for 40 million and pay the Wayne about a third of that over the year. Both Barkley and Rooney can be great on their day, trouble is they have a lot of toss days in between.

Think hes taking a huge pay cut and he is getting a massive pay off from united.

Have a flick through the Everton forum, seems they hace a cracking cheap deal for him (according to there verified ITKs)

Like he did at utd lol ....... He was awful and complimented nothing, take your blue tints off

You have to think on the wages he was on, his choices were limited. But then again so were united's as how else would they off load a player that Jose clearly didn't want.

It's a good deal all round really, Everton get England's record scorer for the last couple of years, he will be a big draw for them no matter what his impact is, United get rid of the constant circus of having him on the edge of their squad.

Not sure what his impact will be football wise but clearly it's a good deal for their commercial department.

Have to wonder if Rooney is a Koeman signing and a player he wants, or a Kenwright/Moshiri status signing.Will be interesting to watch how Koeman manages such a big name and ego. Apart from Rooney though Everton have made some shrewd signings, hopefully that c^nt will destabilise any spirit in the dressing room.

You have to think on the wages he was on, his choices were limited. But then again so were united's as how else would they off load a player that Jose clearly didn't want.

It's a good deal all round really, Everton get England's record scorer for the last couple of years, he will be a big draw for them no matter what his impact is, United get rid of the constant circus of having him on the edge of their squad.

Not sure what his impact will be football wise but clearly it's a good deal for their commercial department.

That circus will now revert to Everton, big time !

A reasonable prediction is that he will be injured half of the time and chuck his toys out if he doesn't get a game for the rest !

Yes, they will sell a lot more replica shirts but absolutely no guarantee that it is a good footballing decision !

That circus will now revert to Everton, big time !

A reasonable prediction is that he will be injured half of the time and chuck his toys out if he doesn't get a game for the rest !

Yes, they will sell a lot more replica shirts but absolutely no guarantee that it is a good footballing decision !

Apparently far more Kenwright's signing than Koeman's.

I should have been more descriptive

Recently he has added nothing, very little since Fergie left...well passed his best

Gone are the days it seems when old pros made huge impact in the twilight of their careers Used to be Lawrie Mac's MO picking up internationals and them doing well but the game is a different pace now. Terrible signing IMO.

There are pathetic cnts on here. Yeah there are a few. Hey don't forget Pogba. And you can trawl through and find other De Bruyne. So yeah Man City don't know what they are doing and let this 30 goal a season man go. Buy back clause you say,

Every year the clamour for wow what an amazing player x is. Iheanacho and Defoe scoring 30+ goals. Benteke will score so many and torment defences especially with Townsend and Cabaye feeding him. Bony will tear it up at Stoke.

Les leaving us behind as always I'm not renewing.

Gotta love self-referential. What a miserable, utterly sad **** you are.

I bet they switch between Rooney and Sandro up front, neither will get half the goals Lukaku did, Rooney will continue to decline, drop deep and get in Barkley's way if he's still there. I can see a more disjointed and erratic Everton next season. All they've really done is strengthen an ageing defence and keeper.

People never learn about transfer jealousy. Too many seem to want to see us spend £20m+ on a CB like Gibson or Maguire who really didn't look much better than Yoshida or Stephens. We've shown we'll spend money if and when there's a decent player out there to improve us. I'd rather we avoid spending for the sake of it and blocking the path for players we do have. We have one of the youngest squads full of players you'd expect to improve. That won't happen if we sign 5 randoms this summer.

I disagree with Yoshida and Stephens, both look bang average to me and sentimentality is causing our squad to get progressively weaker.

We still haven't adequately replaced Morgan

We still haven't adequately replaced Wanyama

We still haven't adequately replaced Fonte

We still haven't adequately replaced Lallana

We still haven't adequately replaced Mane

Everton have swapped Lukaku for

Rooney (tbc)

Keane

Pickford

Ramirez

Klaassan

Onyekuru

Sigurðsson (tbc)

Most of them would improve our squad and we should respect Everton for not simply settling for mediocrity.

Sentiment, lack of ambition and content for average is dragging us evee closer to Stoke, WBA, WHU and AFCB when 12 months ago we had a squad in touching distance to the top 6 clubs.

Everton have traded places with us while we suck a thumb and be thankful we have a club.