Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

MARTIN SAMUEL: Fair play to Everton... They've beaten the elitist trap

http://dailym.ai/2vzxLwp

:lol: :lol:

Did we not spend the same in 2014 when we invested all our player sales :lol:

If/When Everton flop hope this article is chucked into Samuels face

They've been blessed with £125m for 2 players. Pretty easy to spend big on the back of that. Real good chance to push on much like we did on the back of Shaw/Chambers/Lallana sales.

Don't feel a Samuel article deserves any sort of consideration, but there's two things about the FFP ruling. Firstly, the way it was set up favoured the clubs who had already spent and meant others couldn't get near them. Secondly, without the FFP it now becomes a case of who has the richest owner (or the one prepared to spend the most).

Don't think either of those cases is great to be honest, and it's a shame that it seems to be one of the other and they couldn't come up with a better system that served sustainability and healthy competition. Unfortunately the answer is handicapping the wealthiest clubs as well as, if not more than the other teams, and we know that's NEVER going to happen.

I am looking for articles that FFP has been abolished or eased but can find nothing. This is news to me....Anyone have any links?

Thanks

Daniel Geey (Football Law) says they are still in place

Um, just to be clear. UEFA FFP and PL sustainability/cost controls v much still in place.

https://twitter.com/FootballLaw/status/887597693392084992

Some of the comments about MS article :- " Terrible article!",.... "just a tad strange that the premise of the piece is that the rules have ended.".... "Kenwright's mate Samuel, deflecting blame towards UEFA"......"He used to be an interesting and relevant journalist but now just bizarre and pointless"...."Thanks for clearing that up Daniel. Deliberate misinformation. Bizarre piece"

Daniel Geey (Football Law) says they are still in place

https://twitter.com/FootballLaw/status/887597693392084992

Some of the comments about MS article :- " Terrible article!",.... "just a tad strange that the premise of the piece is that the rules have ended.".... "Kenwright's mate Samuel, deflecting blame towards UEFA"......"He used to be an interesting and relevant journalist but now just bizarre and pointless"...."Thanks for clearing that up Daniel. Deliberate misinformation. Bizarre piece"

When I read it I did think it was funny that I hadn't heard anything about them ending. How utterly bizarre for a big name journalist, no matter how poor, to come up with something like that!

@JBurtTelegraph: Monaco reject Man City's £44.5m bid for Benjamin Mendy and want same fee Spurs got for Kyle Walker

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/20/monaco-reject-man-citys-445m-bid-benjamin-mendy-want-fee-tottenham/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw … via @telefootball

This is what annoys me, you'll hear Man City now saying ''woe be me, everyone wants too much for their players'' - But they're the bloody reason people are asking for the fee's they're asking for. Monaco are absolutely fair, if Kyle Walker is 55m, then Mendy is that and probably more.

City have put themselves into this boat by splurging stupid fees on the likes of Stones, Mangala etc. Now they'll have to pay through the roof for decent players.

Don't feel a Samuel article deserves any sort of consideration, but there's two things about the FFP ruling. Firstly, the way it was set up favoured the clubs who had already spent and meant others couldn't get near them. Secondly, without the FFP it now becomes a case of who has the richest owner (or the one prepared to spend the most).

Don't think either of those cases is great to be honest, and it's a shame that it seems to be one of the other and they couldn't come up with a better system that served sustainability and healthy competition. Unfortunately the answer is handicapping the wealthiest clubs as well as, if not more than the other teams, and we know that's NEVER going to happen.

Not sure I agree with your summary - Based on my understanding .... Which could well be wrong.

For me the FFP rule was all about stopping the mega clubs splitting off into a super league.

If my understanding is correct, it doesn't matter how rich your owner is as wages are limited to a fixed percentage of your turnover...... Which effectively means that if Katrina wanted to buy Messi and Ronaldo for 200 million and then pay them a million pound a week on a five year contract, with all the money deposited in an escrow account .............. We still wouldn't be allowed to do it........ Unless I have missed something.

West Ham have agreed a deal in principle to sign former Manchester United striker Javier Hernández from Bayer Leverkusen.....not sure if that will work out well for them - he will struggle with the pace now. Good in his day.
He is only 29 and has been doing well in Germany. Very good signing for West Ham IMO. Proven goalscorer.

Definitely some decent buys from a few mid table clubs this summer.

"He has played full-back, central midfield and centre back and, while technically accomplished, there have been questions about his pace or physical presence in those positions."

The Ward-Prowse of defenders. Solid technique but isn't actually very good in any particular role.

Best £16 million we've ever made.

"He has played full-back, central midfield and centre back and, while technically accomplished, there have been questions about his pace or physical presence in those positions."

The Ward-Prowse of defenders. Solid technique but isn't actually very good in any particular role.

Best £16 million we've ever made.

Modern day Rory Delap

lel not a selling club, so Suarez, Torres, Xabi Alonso etc. where just surplus to requirements.

Coutinho would be an idiot not to go to Barcelona, especially if they sell Neymar so he gets a slot in the team, way nicer place to live especially for a South American and a way way bigger club than Liverpool.

lel not a selling club, so Suarez, Torres, Xabi Alonso etc. where just surplus to requirements.

Coutinho would be an idiot not to go to Barcelona, especially if they sell Neymar so he gets a slot in the team, way nicer place to live especially for a South American and a way way bigger club than Liverpool.

Not just for a South American! And let's be honest, most players are nicer than Liverpool...

Modern day Rory Delap

Minus the odd long-range spectacular goal - e.g. that overhead kick V Spurs

Was going to mention the long throws but Stoke got more benefit from those. Was an OK player who had the odd standout and poor game.

Was considered pricey at £4m in 2001 - guess £16-20m is the modern equivalent fee?

There are loads of ex-Barca player in the media saying Coutinho should go on strike to get his dream move.

Lol! No doubt the scousers will show their adoration for a favourite by doing a Gerrard - issuing death threats to him and his family whilst the club pressurise friends and acquaintances. Bestest fans in da world, dem...

Minus the odd long-range spectacular goal - e.g. that overhead kick V Spurs

Was going to mention the long throws but Stoke got more benefit from those. Was an OK player who had the odd standout and poor game.

Was considered pricey at £4m in 2001 - guess £16-20m is the modern equivalent fee?

Our revenue for 2000-01 was 29.1m and for 2016-17 it is projected around 170m so in today's money Delap cost around 23m.

23m for Delap:lol: