Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

I'm more than happy to have Gabbiadini and Austin. Some seem never to be content with what they have got.

Well we are buggered if either or both get an injury or have a lean spell.....we were hardly scoring for fun with or without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we are buggered if either or both get an injury or have a lean spell.....we were hardly scoring for fun with or without them.

Well, last season Everton would have been buggered without Lukaku, ManU without Zlatan, Chelsea without Costa, Arsenal without Sanchez, Spurs without Kane. Shall I go on?

Hernandez was pretty naff last year, not sure he's worth the 160k they're spending.

I think he went 15 or so games without a goal, compared with the 30 odd goals he got the season before, I don't think he got more than 15 goals last year in all comps.

I'm more than happy to have Gabbiadini and Austin. Some seem never to be content with what they have got.

For this reason I don't think we should have been looking at signing Hernandez, and if the wages quoted are correct, he is way out of our range anyway.

That being said, I think he is a good signing, and for a reasonable transfer fee in this market too. I'd be surprised if he became another West Ham striker to fail to score at least three goals.

Well, last season Everton would have been buggered without Lukaku, ManU without Zlatan, Chelsea without Costa, Arsenal without Sanchez, Spurs without Kane. Shall I go on?

No comparison at all.....all you mention had goals not only from those individuals but from more than worthy teammates spread through the side.....we had sod all.

Davis,JWP,Tadic...Boufal were abject in their contribution goal wise.......

Shall I go on?

No comparison at all.....all you mention had goals not only from those individuals but from more than worthy teammates spread through the side.....we had sod all.

Shall I go on?

Luckily Les thinks we have such a strong squad we don't need to sign anybody.

With three weeks to go we don't need to bed anyone in.

Shall I go on?

That wasn't the point you were making.

If your point had been we don't get enough goals from midfield I'd have agreed with you.

My point, was that any team shorn of it's key goal scorer (as we were last season) would struggle to achieve, unless they can pay someone of equivalent quality sufficient that they're happy to sit on the bench.

Hernandez was pretty naff last year, not sure he's worth the 160k they're spending.

I think he went 15 or so games without a goal, compared with the 30 odd goals he got the season before, I don't think he got more than 15 goals last year in all comps.

Naff is Shane Long, who has never scored in his career what Hernandez managed in a poor season.

Chelsea are keen to sign Southampton pair Cedric Soares and Ryan Bertrand after missing out on Danilo and Benjamin Mendy. (Daily Star)

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte will get a further £150m to spend in the summer, with Southampton's Netherlands defender Virgil van Dijk and Juventus and Brazil left-back Alex Sandro, both 26, top of the list. (Daily Mirror)

According to this, Chelsea after Soares, VVD and Bertrand. We could be starting with a brand new back four, if this comes to pass. :(

Chelsea are keen to sign Southampton pair Cedric Soares and Ryan Bertrand after missing out on Danilo and Benjamin Mendy. (Daily Star)

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte will get a further £150m to spend in the summer, with Southampton's Netherlands defender Virgil van Dijk and Juventus and Brazil left-back Alex Sandro, both 26, top of the list. (Daily Mirror)

According to this, Chelsea after Soares, VVD and Bertrand. We could be starting with a brand new back four, if this comes to pass. :(

But it won't happen now will it. We aren't selling top players this summer remember. Unless of course the projected takeover has fallen on it's face and we need cash for something or other.

It annoys me more that he in a West Ham shirt.....not a Southampton one.

£140k a week or not.

They can have him. He had 3 full seasons with United and scored 13, 10 and 10 League goals. Austin and Gabbi are both capable of that.

Hmmm, Chelsea getting hammered by Bayern today so perhaps a couple of hundred million on defenders might not go amiss...

Even winning the league and playing in the champions league isn't enough for Monaco to keep their best players. They've lost the spine of their team in this window, although they're a hell of a lot better off for it....

They had an awesome young team that would have got better, but as per football it's not fair and the richer teams just poach them and the normal pecking order is returned....getting a bit bored with football to be honest.

Even winning the league and playing in the champions league isn't enough for Monaco to keep their best players. They've lost the spine of their team in this window, although they're a hell of a lot better off for it....

They had an awesome young team that would have got better, but as per football it's not fair and the richer teams just poach them and the normal pecking order is returned....getting a bit bored with football to be honest.

I think some Monaco players see last season as a bit of a flash in the pan. Monaco is OK for non French citizens but the French nationals can't be fiscally resident in Monaco and get knocked ass over tit by French taxation. Monaco can't pay their taxes for them either.

Possibly - I think most people forget just much we spend on wages.

They certainly do. When does the prem money get paid into the bank account? That seemed to be the problem in terms of cash flow in the past causing Nik Nak to get a loan

We surely can afford a £25m signing without selling anyone given the PL riches?

I don't think they give it to you in a lump sum, isn't some of it staged over the whole year ? We get about 122 million I think, probably about the place money all at once and all of the rest spread over the year. So 1x25 million or so and 12x8 million. As our salarial mass is somewhere around 75 million there's not a whole lot left over from just the monthly PL pay cheque. Then there are all of the other expenses of the season. There will be something from Europe but as we didn't progress very far it won't be all that much. Liverpool made 35 million or so by reaching the final in 15/16 but for a group stage exit we'll probably get about 4 million, from that we have to pay our costs. These training camps must cost a pretty packet as well and it's not the

Saints XI vs Odds and Sods XI that's going to finance them. A trip to S. E Asia would be far more profitable, that's why everyone's down there.

Oh and I forgot, we had to pay off the manager we sacked. Plus 6 million and change agents fees over the 12 months

Edited by Window Cleaner

Didnt we recently sell Jay n Fonte

very good point. I'm not suggesting that is all sat in the bank, but it could well be. You'd hope that after five years or so in the top flight we would have got our cash flow sorted to enable us to make signings without having to get bridging loans

very good point. I'm not suggesting that is all sat in the bank, but it could well be. You'd hope that after five years or so in the top flight we would have got our cash flow sorted to enable us to make signings without having to get bridging loans

After 5 years of huge premiership money, gate receipts, commercial income and hundreds of millions of player sales youd hope so.

We seem to be one of the only premiership (even tons of championship clubs now spend big) clubs that still struggle financially.

After 5 years of huge premiership money, gate receipts, commercial income and hundreds of millions of player sales youd hope so.

We seem to be one of the only premiership (even tons of championship clubs now spend big) clubs that still struggle financially.

At what point are you going to realise it hasn't been called the Premiership for the last 10 years?

I'm also puzzled how you think we are "struggling financially"? We post a profit in accounts and also have one of the most expensively assembled squads in world football and a huge wage bill.

:mcinnes: