Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Glasgow and alpine's summer meltdown means we'll be fine.

No melt down from me. Just mild frustration like last summer (proved right)

We will be fine. We will finish somewhere between 8th and 17th and we will win some lose some, score some and conceed some.

Will it be an exciting season.... Doubt it very much.

We will be fine. We will finish somewhere between 8th and 17th and we will win some lose some, score some and conceed some.

And your definition of exciting is?

So not Puel's fault but just a poor squad then? Glad you've come around

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When a player acts up to play for the scousers Part II: Liverpool may be getting somewhere with Kieta. Reports in Germany are saying that Ralph Rangnick is furious with Kieta's sulking and lack of effort in RB Leipzig's training camp, has him working mostly alone and his team is actively looking for replacements.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10962732/barcelona-confident-of-signing-philippe-coutinho-from-liverpool

Karma?

Just replace Coutinho with VVD in that article and it's almost identical.

Part of me has wondered whether this has been on the cards all summer, as Liverpool have been very keen to tell everyone that they are after 2x £65m players & that's a hell of an outlay for them.

If Coutinho does actually go, they really are going to be in a position where they need to land both VvD AND Keita .

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10962732/barcelona-confident-of-signing-philippe-coutinho-from-liverpool

Fingers crossed everyone....

Perhaps that bin dipper t wat will come on here and comment

At nigh on 90 million quid I'd take their money and says thanks a bunch. Good player but you can probably find 2 of his quality for 90 million. They're probably content to sell, just driving up the price as is the custom nowadays.

The Liverpool fan here in the office, who I quote from time to time, says that if they offer 100M EUR Liverpool WILL take it. He is fine with that as they have Mane and Salah this season. The reality is that Coutinho is still just a squad player. Mane is their preferred option and they struggle to fit them both in. In the same way we struggle to play Boufal and Tadic in the same team. It can be done, but similar type players.

The Liverpool fan here in the office, who I quote from time to time, says that if they offer 100M EUR Liverpool WILL take it. He is fine with that as they have Mane and Salah this season. The reality is that Coutinho is still just a squad player. Mane is their preferred option and they struggle to fit them both in. In the same way we struggle to play Boufal and Tadic in the same team. It can be done, but similar type players.

Coutinho obviously isn't just a squad player but for the price they can get as good or better, they're Liverpool remember and they'll probably not be trying to fob the replacement off with 10K a week.

Ah, they're in that denial phase! ''Key player leaving, but actually he's not that important. Actually he's pretty ****''

We've all done it!

Fact is that he is their best player by a distance, their main man really.

Cuco Martina playing tonight for Everton

It'll be interesting to see if Koeman can get them past the qualifying rounds... his track record's not great.

Ahead of players Everton fans see as first choice ! Let's see how he does they're already moaning

It'll be interesting to see if Koeman can get them past the qualifying rounds... his track record's not great.

Work with an evertonian and he is not all that happy with koeman for not playing the young ones or the signing of Martina - just another block for the kids.

Have a lot of scouse mates. Coutinho is their best player by a fair distance- it's laughable to call him a squad player.

Nil nil half time , stadium is empty thought they were a massive club !?

There was over 32,000 there, the empty sections were closed due to the ground being upgraded for disabled access. It's down as a sell out as all available tickets for home supporters were sold. I think it looks worse because the TV cameras face the empty sections. All clubs have to upgrade this season I think.

Have a lot of scouse mates. Coutinho is their best player by a fair distance- it's laughable to call him a squad player.

But that is exactly the phrase Mark here at the office used. He values Mane as their best player, and says if Mane is fit and if Klopp really plans to use Salah regularly then Coutinho will often be a bench start. Yes, he may not be representative of Liverpool fans but that is his opinion. However, if Barca need to sell Neymar to trigger Coutinho, this could well all be academic.

But that is exactly the phrase Mark here at the office used. He values Mane as their best player, and says if Mane is fit and if Klopp really plans to use Salah regularly then Coutinho will often be a bench start. Yes, he may not be representative of Liverpool fans but that is his opinion. However, if Barca need to sell Neymar to trigger Coutinho, this could well all be academic.

:lol:

They were ****ing horrendous and I wouldn't back them for top 8 let alone top 4. They along with Man United have helped turn Morgan into a shadow of his former self and they started last nights game with Saints 3rd choice right back and a previous backup\squad keeper. They now have Rooney who is hardly prolific so you have to wonder where Lukaku's goals are going to come from.

My prediction is Everton will finish 9th unless they sign a proper goalscorer.

I know it's not PL, but **** me the game has gone. Real Madrid apparently signing Mbappe from Monaco for €160m with €20m add ons.

Right, Monaco's president has put it all out in front. The price required to even think about it is 180 million euros, no add ons except that the formation fee due to wherever Mbappe came from of 1.4 million is to be added on as well, net and final price 181.4 million euros. To boot the Spanish government have decided that Monaco is a tax haven and in consequence a tax of

19% (about 34 million) is to be added on to any sale price. Total price payable before any eventual agents fees is somewhere in the region of 216 million euros. So if Real want him they know what's required..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

They were ****ing horrendous and I wouldn't back them for top 8 let alone top 4. They along with Man United have helped turn Morgan into a shadow of his former self and they started last nights game with Saints 3rd choice right back and a previous backup\squad keeper. They now have Rooney who is hardly prolific so you have to wonder where Lukaku's goals are going to come from.

My prediction is Everton will finish 9th unless they sign a proper goalscorer.

To be fair, considering how awful we were against Midtjylland I couldn't foresee us finishing 6th yet we did. Hard to judge a teams prospects after a single game!!

To be fair, considering how awful we were against Midtjylland I couldn't foresee us finishing 6th yet we did. Hard to judge a teams prospects after a single game!!

Then again it would have been difficult to predict Chelsea and Liverpool having such awful seasons really, or Leicester doing so well. It was a strange season.

I can't see this being, even close to, true but I would **** myself if it happened :lol:

Reds forward Sadio Mane has emerged as a new target for Italian giants Inter Milan with the club expecting to bid £35m for the 25-year-old.(Daily Express)

There have been many ridiculous transfer fees this summer, but Mane has to be worth a lot more than that. He is an absolute gem