Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

I don't understand people taking the **** regarding Rooney going back to Everton. If Morgan comes back in 5 years time our supporters will be wetting their knickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come you talk sense about football and bollix about BREXIT

Lukaku has signed for United. £75 million, £25 million short of what the Everton fans wanted for him!

But there are apparently 15 million or so of do-able add ons and Rooney, anyway it's not their money is it.

When you're selling a 75 million + player there aren't thousands of possible destinations so you kind of have to take whatever you can get if the player is set on leaving either today for a fee or in 2 years time for sod all. Lukaku seems to me to be a PL only type player who'd not really interest the heavy hitters anywhere south of the Isle of Wight.

I don't understand people taking the **** regarding Rooney going back to Everton. If Morgan comes back in 5 years time our supporters will be wetting their knickers.

He'll be about 33 by then, can't say I'd be wetting my knickers over that. We didn't exactly miss him when he left.

Can perfectly understand Rooney's decisions although I'm not entirely sure how popular he will be with fans. Whilst buggering off to play for Man Utd would seem an obvious career move to him, I doubt the Scousers were all that enamoured with the situation.

Why should I use 2004 as a starting point? Bizarre.

Footballers generally spout (empty) platitudes so you can choose whatever year you want if that makes you happy.

So what's your point then?

Rooney is clearly has an affinity with Everton, not sure why it upsets you so much.

Seriously?

Why didn't you just use the fact that he signed for United in 2004 as your starting point, rather than some quotes he made five years into his United career? Bizarre.

Footballers can love more than one club pretty easily, and in Rooney's case, very easily with no hypocrisy at all. He has a fine career at United to look back on, but he is an Evertonian at heart. Fair play to him.

In Rooney's case it must be a bit like being married to Colleen, your teenage sweetheart, but still ****ging hookers in hotels, and grandmother aged prostitutes as well I suppose.

HAMMER STEPPING UP HART EFFORTS

West Ham are stepping up their efforts to sign England goalkeeper Joe Hart from Manchester City, Sky sources understand.

Hart is expected to leave City this summer after returning from a season-long loan deal at Torino, and while they would prefer a permanent deal for Hart, West Ham would prefer a loan with an option to buy.

HAMMER STEPPING UP HART EFFORTS

West Ham are stepping up their efforts to sign England goalkeeper Joe Hart from Manchester City, Sky sources understand.

Hart is expected to leave City this summer after returning from a season-long loan deal at Torino, and while they would prefer a permanent deal for Hart, West Ham would prefer a loan with an option to buy.

When was the last time they kept a transfer deal quiet?

City, who fly out on their pre-season tour next Monday, have not given up hope of signing the France international and also remain the favourites to acquire Kyle Walker and are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur for the right-back.

Another possible target is Southampton’s Ryan Bertrand although having missed out on Alves City will now have to consider fresh options at right-back also.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/11/dani-alves-sign-psg-huge-blow-man-city-transfer-plans/

BREAKING: @ChelseaFC defender @KurtZouma due to have talks tomorrow with @stokecity and @WBA ahead of potential loan move. #SSNHQ

Slightly related to this, I wonder what that means for their interest in making the Martins-Indi deal permanent...? Good player up for grabs there. With the craziest eyes, ever.

Slightly related to this, I wonder what that means for their interest in making the Martins-Indi deal permanent...? Good player up for grabs there. With the craziest eyes, ever.

I saw Hughes saying the other day that they really wanted him but the deal was proving tricky.

Not sure if they have a "mini Toby" situation going on or not.

I saw Hughes saying the other day that they really wanted him but the deal was proving tricky.

Not sure if they have a "mini Toby" situation going on or not.

Or.... maybe not....

BREAKING: @FCPorto defender Bruno Martins Indi due to have medical at @stokecity tomorrow after clubs agree fee of up to £13.4m– Sky sources

Or.... maybe not....

BREAKING: @FCPorto defender Bruno Martins Indi due to have medical at @stokecity tomorrow after clubs agree fee of up to £13.4m– Sky sources

Decent price. Would be a decent option for us really but he obviously feels at home at Stoke.

He'll be about 33 by then, can't say I'd be wetting my knickers over that. We didn't exactly miss him when he left.

Can perfectly understand Rooney's decisions although I'm not entirely sure how popular he will be with fans. Whilst buggering off to play for Man Utd would seem an obvious career move to him, I doubt the Scousers were all that enamoured with the situation.

Quite. I went to our away match at Everton shortly after he left for Utd, and I saw "DIY RONEY SCUM" (sic) daubed in large letters on a wall near to Goodison.

PALACE CLOSE TO RIEDEWALD

Frank De Boer is expected to agree an £8m deal for Ajax defender Jairo Riedewald, according to Sky sources.

The new Crystal Palace boss gave Riedewald his first-team debut at Ajax in 2013.

A fee and personal terms are yet to be completed but it’s understood an agreement in principle has been reached.

@JPercyTelegraph: Stoke have turned down a second bid from West Ham for Marko Arnautovic. Bid was just under £20m. More on @TeleFootball #scfc #whufc

-----------------------------------------------------------

@Matt_Law_DT: Told Everton could rival Tottenham's interest in Bournemouth forward Josh King.

I like the bit where it says "Leicester's recruitment has already shown signs of dramatic improvement" and then starts to list out names of the players they've bought THIS summer for several million quid. Because those signings are obviously going to work out much better than than last years.

Leicester, of course, were held up on this forum this time last year as being a brilliant example of how to INVEST and BUILD ON A PLATFORM and PUSH ON and LEAVE US BEHIND bit no one talks about that anymore.

Fair play to them if true. They'll still make a profit on those players I expect.

Better to clear out if players aren't cutting it. Saves you getting a squad heavy with averages players.

After a league win and then decent champions league run last season it's back to reality this season.

Don't think anyone was particularly jealous of any of there signings last season, but personally did think Slimani might have scored and contributed a bit more. In the right team he could still do a decent job

I like the bit where it says "Leicester's recruitment has already shown signs of dramatic improvement" and then starts to list out names of the players they've bought THIS summer for several million quid. Because those signings are obviously going to work out much better than than last years.

Leicester, of course, were held up on this forum this time last year as being a brilliant example of how to INVEST and BUILD ON A PLATFORM and PUSH ON and LEAVE US BEHIND bit no one talks about that anymore.

Fair do's, they already have left us far behind. The only way we could catch up is by winning the league.

Haha, yep! It just shows the level of thought that goes into these pieces. You'd like to think the journalist chuckled to himself while writing it, appreciating the irony, but I suspect not.

Lot of clubs seem to get rid quickly. One season for a young foreign player adjusting really isn't much. Fully expecting Boufal and Hojbjerg to be key parts of the team this season.

I'm confident about Boufal. No injuries, no AFCON this year and I'll think he'll come good. It's a lazy comparison but Mahrez was pretty average in his first PL season

I'm confident about Boufal. No injuries, no AFCON this year and I'll think he'll come good. It's a lazy comparison but Mahrez was pretty average in his first PL season

He (Mahrez) actually had quite a good end to that season, I remember transferring him to my fantasy team with a few months to go!

Edited by mrfahaji
Clarifying who 'he' is

He actually had quite a good end to the season, I remember transferring him to my fantasy team with a few months to go!

He hardly played though, probably the equivalent of 4 full games from March to the end of the season. We have bought a duffer, told you all so at the time. Not at all suited to English football. I'd have thought most clubs would have learnt that from the deboires of the Newcastle brigade, Ben Arfa, Riviere, Cabella, Thauvin etc; These blokes are too slight, too fragile and too thick.

Edited by Window Cleaner

He hardly played though, probably the equivalent of 4 full games from March to the end of the season. We have bought a duffer, told you all so at the time. Not at all suited to English football. I'd have thought most clubs would have learnt that from the deboires of the Newcastle brigade, Ben Arfa, Riviere, Cabella, Thauvin etc; These blokes are too slight, too fragile and too thick.

Probably should have clarified that I was talking about Mahrez in his first PL season.

@SwansOfficial: We can confirm that Gylfi Sigurdsson will not travel with the squad for our pre-season tour of the USA.

@SwansOfficial: Having played v Barnet last night, Gylfi did not feel in the right frame of mind to travel due to the current uncertainty over his future.

@SwansOfficial: We can confirm that Gylfi Sigurdsson will not travel with the squad for our pre-season tour of the USA.

@SwansOfficial: Having played v Barnet last night, Gylfi did not feel in the right frame of mind to travel due to the current uncertainty over his future.

Let's hope Virgil doesn't get any ideas...

MENDY TO MAN CITY CLOSE

Sky sources understand Manchester City are close to finalising a deal for Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy.

Monaco value the player at more than £50m, and as we reported on Tuesday, are not willing to sell unless they receive an "exceptional offer".

City are thought to have been offering nearer to £40m.

Sky Sports News HQ believes significant progress has been made in negotiations between the clubs in the last 24 hours and the deal could be agreed before the end of the week.

Mendy is keen on a move to the Premier League and earlier this week, posted a picture on Instagram wearing Union Jack shorts with the caption: ”See You Soon”.

Monaco look to have already found Mendy's replacement, following the signing of Feyenoord’s Terence Kongolo for £12million.

Steve Walsh, the former head of recruitment, left for Everton in July and was eventually replaced by Eduardo Macia, who had previously worked at Liverpool and Valencia.

So the guy that helped recruit all the duffers for Leicester is now recruiting for the magnificent, can-do-no wrong, league-form-allowed-to-suffer-due-to-Europa...EVERTON!

MENDY TO MAN CITY CLOSE

Sky sources understand Manchester City are close to finalising a deal for Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy.

Monaco value the player at more than £50m, and as we reported on Tuesday, are not willing to sell unless they receive an "exceptional offer".

City are thought to have been offering nearer to £40m.

Sky Sports News HQ believes significant progress has been made in negotiations between the clubs in the last 24 hours and the deal could be agreed before the end of the week.

Mendy is keen on a move to the Premier League and earlier this week, posted a picture on Instagram wearing Union Jack shorts with the caption: ”See You Soon”.

Monaco look to have already found Mendy's replacement, following the signing of Feyenoord’s Terence Kongolo for £12million.

Really, really hope so to stop all the crap in the Wail press about Ryan Bertrand

MAN CITY AGREE WALKER FEE

Manchester City agree a fee in excess of £50m with Tottenham for Kyle Walker, according to Sky sources.

That should be the benchmark for any Bertrand related offer/transfer then (although I'm unsure of the years left on their respective contracts)