Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

I must say, Barca are acting like a bunch of dicks to be honest - but it is funny, as it's a taste of their own medicine.

Barca's general manager has come out and said that they're 'close' to both Dembele and Coutinho. Cue meltdown.

Still, a pretty back handed way for a club like Barca to act. I think they're in a bit of a mess right now, just been done 6-1 by Real Madrid and they have a Neymar sized hole to fill. Could just be chat to appease the fans, who knows.

As much as it pains me fair play to Everton on this one, a great signing and alongside Schneiderlin likely to be formidable!

He won't be playing alongside Schneiderlin, he'll be walking around in the same space Rooney will be trying to play in.

He won't be playing alongside Schneiderlin, he'll be walking around in the same space Rooney will be trying to play in.

Don't know exactly how Koeman is gonig to configure his side with all of those players that he now has. And he still wants more apparently. Anyone know when Bolasie is due back ?

He's basically Barkley's replacement, I reckon he'll leave next year on a free now or at a knock down price this window. Schneiderlin will be alongside Gueye.

Everton are stockpiling players - and of the older variety. They had some promising youngsters coming through last year.....looks like they won't get much of a chance now. Sound familiar?

All very well buying these players but Koeman is thinking short term (he won't be there in a couple of years) and the age of his buys is pretty old.

Everton are stockpiling players - and of the older variety. They had some promising youngsters coming through last year.....looks like they won't get much of a chance now. Sound familiar?

All very well buying these players but Koeman is thinking short term (he won't be there in a couple of years) and the age of his buys is pretty old.

are they pretty old?

Rooney is but that is about it

Sigurdsson is about 26, so right in his prime. Pretty sure Klassen is of a similar age too? Pickford and Keane are both young english players, Sandro is a young Spanish striker that Belgium guy they bought (henry whatshisname) is only about 19/20.

Cuco Martina and Wayne Rooney are the only over 30's they've bought. Their transfers have been pretty young in the main, if you look at Lookman and Calvart-Lewin from last season as well.

I think the main worry for Everton is how they're going to replace Lukaku's goals. They've not really bought what I'd class as a 'top class striker' - so you get the feeling that they're going for the 'sharing goals around the team' approach, with the likes of Klassen and Siggy, Rooney.

If I was an everton fan, which thankfully I'm not, then I'd be a little nervous in terms of lacking a goal scorer.

They have no pace up front at all. That is going to be a big problem for them I feel. Add to the extra European games, and I can see them languishing in the 8th/9th/10th positions. Certainly nowhere near the top 4.

they will finish above us quite comfortably

to be fair, your predictions are usually way off anyway

I think the main worry for Everton is how they're going to replace Lukaku's goals. They've not really bought what I'd class as a 'top class striker' - so you get the feeling that they're going for the 'sharing goals around the team' approach, with the likes of Klassen and Siggy, Rooney.

Koeman said yesterday on sky sports news that they're still in for striker and they haven't finished spending, I still say they'll end up in seventh. It's all about consolidation though, strengthen now and push on, City bought some crap when they first come into money and I'm sure they finished 10th, I might be wrong but something rings a bell.

Add to the extra European games, and I can see them languishing in the 8th/9th/10th positions. Certainly nowhere near the top 4.

Hadjuk Split are no pushovers, I can see them going out over the two legs.

If I was an everton fan, which thankfully I'm not, then I'd be a little nervous in terms of lacking a goal scorer.

A bit like Southampton fans you mean

Koeman said yesterday on sky sports news that they're still in for striker and they haven't finished spending, I still say they'll end up in seventh. It's all about consolidation though, strengthen now and push on, City bought some crap when they first come into money and I'm sure they finished 10th, I might be wrong but something rings a bell.

Hadjuk Split are no pushovers, I can see them going out over the two legs.

Hope not, want to see them slug it out around Europe, playing Thurs-Sunday, for nothing. Nice defeat in the quarters or semis would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigurdsson is about 26, so right in his prime. Pretty sure Klassen is of a similar age too? Pickford and Keane are both young english players, Sandro is a young Spanish striker that Belgium guy they bought (henry whatshisname) is only about 19/20.

Cuco Martina and Wayne Rooney are the only over 30's they've bought. Their transfers have been pretty young in the main, if you look at Lookman and Calvart-Lewin from last season as well.

Klaassen is 24. Hardly 'of the older variety' indeed.

As much as it pains me fair play to Everton on this one, a great signing and alongside Schneiderlin likely to be formidable!

when you consider the fee paid to Swansea and wages over 4 years [iF HE LAST 4 YEARS} he's costing them 1.6 million a month absolute madness can't go on

Sigurdsson is about to turn 28. He's not old in terms of performance capability - if anything he might be at his peak - but not sure how much money Everton will recoup in a few years time. So essentially their "investment" in Sigurdsson is purely what they'll gain on the pitch in terms of league and cup achievements. He's a good player, but stattos will be quick to point out how much of his success comes from set pieces. Of course, that still counts, it's not like a penalty counts as half a goal, but considering they already have Leighton Baines, I wonder how much marginal difference that will make. (Maybe as Baines ages they want someone to fulfil his role, but doesn't mean any gains, just no drop off from set pieces).

West ham have told Snodgrass he is surplus to requirements after signing him last Jan. You do wonder if WHU actually have a transfer policy or if the owners just pick random names out of a hat.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10992873/robert-snodgrass-surplus-to-requirements-at-west-ham

WHU are the nearest thing in the Prem to a load of mates down a pub choosing players.

But only spent 60m as they have 90m back in for the goal scorer, so yes let see...

So if spending money you have doesn't count, and you only count spending money you haven't got, then it's not surprising that Pompey were so damned successful.

Sigurdsson is a good signing, even if horrendously over priced. But they had Barkley so don't think it's a huge step up, and still no Lukaku. Main problem for me is how they play Sigurdsson, Rooney, Klassen, just think it'll be a bit of a mess.

They'll do alright though as the centre of Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies is pretty good. If he keeps it together anyway.

Can't believe he's bringing on Martina instead of Holgate so I guess he could do anything.

Can see a lot of games where they lose 1-0 or 2-1 having dominated. Just a slightly better version of us now IMO, and with europe we might be close. Having a top scorer like Lukaku is what separates us from the top 6 and it'll be the same for them. Think how many games we'd have turned into wins in the last couple of years with a 25 goal striker rather than hoping someone gets to 10.

Good points, it's particularly interesting that they've spent around £70 million on attacking midfielders plus have Rooney (who's probably on £150k a week) who all basically play the same position, and still have Barkley.

But have only bought one striker, a talented but unproven guy from La Liga for £5 million.

When they really needed to replace Lukaku.

Siggurdsson is a very good player, but he's not a striker, their transfer policy reminds me a little of Arsenal/Liverpool, buying players in positions they are already strong but have glaring weaknesses.

To be honest if we get Hoedt in, and maybe Vietto, keep VVD, I think we are in a better position than them. They will have Europe to deal with as well. Our defence is better than theirs, we easily match them in midfield and we are stronger in the striker position, interestingly they are over subscribed in attacking mids where we are probably weak.

West ham have told Snodgrass he is surplus to requirements after signing him last Jan. You do wonder if WHU actually have a transfer policy or if the owners just pick random names out of a hat.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10992873/robert-snodgrass-surplus-to-requirements-at-west-ham

It's like the 'ooh candy' sketch from Family Guy

I saw that Ronald said that his chase for a striker may take them down the loan route...

#Graziano!

If they want to get Graziano it needs to be soon, before his winter hibernation :D

Koeman wants the Barca job and knows a couple of good years at Everton may well get it. If he can spend his way there then he'll be happy to oblige

£42m for a CB that's only played 1 season against Eredivisie attackers. Mental

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep, and making stupid mistakes in the Europa League and not that great when in possession of the ball. But Sanchez is really talented and given time he will be one of the best defenders in the PL. Too bad he did a "VVD" on Ajax and got away with it.

If they want to get Graziano it needs to be soon, before his winter hibernation :D

Koeman wants the Barca job and knows a couple of good years at Everton may well get it. If he can spend his way there then he'll be happy to oblige

Are there not rumours RK wants Costa on loan

Wonder if he's on our list?

PALACE 'INTERESTED' IN BURKE

Frank de Boer has admitted that Crystal Palace are interested in Leipzig forward Olivier Burke.

The 20-year-old Scottish winger is free to leave German side Leipzig after joining them for £15million last summer.

He said: "Burke is a very promising, young Scottish player. It's always interesting to look at, but we are focusing on other players, too.

For some reason, Arsenal are considering moving Mustafi and Gabriel on.

Hey, it's OK gunners fans......Mertersacker is back fit now....umm

Don't see why wenger isn't in for VVD he hasn't got much time left in the digout why not go on a spending spree to win something before he retires? Signed one player for money and the back + middle of the spine of the team is still so weak compared to the other top 6. Baffles me.