Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Don't see why wenger isn't in for VVD he hasn't got much time left in the digout why not go on a spending spree to win something before he retires? Signed one player for money and the back + middle of the spine of the team is still so weak compared to the other top 6. Baffles me.

We all know Wenger, he will never fill the most obvious positions with the best fit.

Will be a same old season for them, groundhog day.

Third bid for Coutinho rejected..

Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands the latest offer was worth an initial £113m and the fee could have risen to £118m based on the Brazil international's potential appearances at the Nou Camp.

Why don't Barcelona buy someone better for less?

Mane, for example.

Either him or Firmino....;)

In all seriousness, I think he's more of an Iniesta type replacement - he's certainly not a goal scorer like Neymar. They'd be better off going and getting someone like Dybala. Hell, they could even go and grab Sanchez and re-sign him from Arsenal - he'd fill a void.

£113M !!! crikey.

As much as I want to see Klopp turned over, it would be worse if they got too much into their kitty.

A sulking Coutinho will be half the player. Much like VVD of course

I think Coutinho now will either accept he's staying or will refuse to play.

£113m is ridiculous money for Coutinho and probably double his actual value. Just shows that the Scousers are incredibly unimaginative in the transfer market and don't back themselves to spend it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it's not actually 113million, it's about 80 million and a shedload of adds on including a packet for winning "Ballon D'Or". If Barcelona actually bid in excess of 100million cash on the nail, then they'd get their man.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Couple of updates from SSN:

CARVALHO DEAL CLOSE

Sky sources have disclosed that West Ham's move for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho is edging closer this afternoon.

The fee is yet to be agreed, though talks are continuing between the two clubs and time is of the essence for the Hammers, with other clubs alerted to his availability. Sky sources also understand that personal terms will not be an issue.

The comes after Sky Sports had previously revealed that the Portugal international favours move to the Premier League and has a £40m release clause in his contract, which must be matched by West Ham.

BAGGIES IN FOR WIMMER

West Bromwich Albion's bosses have sanctioned the purchase of Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer for a fee of £15m, Sky Sources understand, and it's now Tony Pulis' call on whether to go ahead with the deal.

The head coach will decide over the next couple of days whether to spend a big chunk of his transfer kitty on the Austrian defender, or divert his funds elsewhere.

Mauricio Pochettino will allow Wimmer to leave Spurs because of the imminent arrival of Davinson Sanchez from Ajax.

It is also understood that, even if the Wimmer deal goes through, Albion will still fight to keep Jonny Evans - they rejected an £18m bid from Manchester City last week, but Pulis told Sky Sports News on Friday: "It's crazy to think a club like Albion could turn down a bid if an enormous amount of money is put in front of you."

What a name to have on the back of a Brighton shirt [emoji38]
I've heard they are tracking that Korean striker called Lika Yung-Bum, keeping tabs on German centre back Deffo Ashirtliftter and are closing in on a deal for American starlet Iama Massivebender.

Rumours of them being linked to Belgian wing-backs Offens Ifstereotipes and Disteoff Isnotfunnee are apparently wide of the mark.

I've heard they are tracking that Korean striker called Lika Yung-Bum, keeping tabs on German centre back Deffo Ashirtliftter and are closing in on a deal for American starlet Iama Massivebender.

Rumours of them being linked to Belgian wing-backs Offens Ifstereotipes and Disteoff Isnotfunnee are apparently wide of the mark.

You should be so proud of this post.

What a ****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find Bournemouth quite interesting and wonder how they balance the books. This season it is £30m, last season only £15m but the season before £49m. So add in add-ons and agents fees, and that would be well over £100m in 3 years.

serious question, how does that compare to 3 years worth of TV money?

serious question, how does that compare to 3 years worth of TV money?

Last 3 seasons they also sold £36million worth of talent so that puts their spend at around £65million at a push. Easily covered especially when you consider their wage bill would have been tiny compared to the rest of the league (although probably not as much this season).

How mental is it to turn down £118m for Coutinho......?Even Barcelona blinked at the sum offered for Neymar, but the likes of Liverpool!
I think that's more a statement to fans given he is their talisman.

It's mad given you take out Mane and they are bang average.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk