Players a bit worried with where the club are heading !?

simo

Bumped into a player who shall remain unnamed while on holiday today. Told me the players are worried about the future of the club , The atmosphere in the dressing room has been totally different this season compared to other's and there are quite a few who may be looking to move due to this !

Bumped into a player who shall remain unnamed while on holiday today. Told me the players are worried about the future of the club , The atmosphere in the dressing room has been totally different this season compared to other's and there are quite a few who may be looking to move due to this !

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

With that said, they look to leave after wonderful, recordbreaking seasons too.

No big surprise really u could tell there was no togetherness on the pitch and even the end of the season lap of appreciation was all half arsed not walking round together all in different groups

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Momentum curve.

Said last summer that the manager choice and player recruitment was huge... We fuxked it up and the whole tone changed from "champions league" to mid table is good enough.

Can't blame players for wanting out. Under the current regime we are simply making up the numbers

Momentum curve.

Said last summer that the manager choice and player recruitment was huge... We fuxked it up and the whole tone changed from "champions league" to mid table is good enough.

Can't blame players for wanting out. Under the current regime we are simply making up the numbers

Yup, Les dropped the ball big time last summer.

Momentum curve.

Given your ability to criticise at the slightest opportunity I would be interested in your solutions. In particular given the facts that

1) there is no benefactor wanting to pump money into the club. FFP, if enforced, will restrict our ability to gain inward investment and we do not have sufficient reserves to fund spending from internal funds. Therefore we are restricted on both our ability to spend on transfers and on wages

2) There is, and always will be a football hierarchy with good players moving to bigger clubs. Be it Colin Clarke, Alan Shearer, Steve Williams, Mark Wright, Lukaku, Payet, Rooney, Ronaldo, Bale, Mahrez etc. If a players wants to leave history shows that in the majority of cases they will inevitably go. Letting a £50m asset rot in the reserves just doesn't happen.

3) We have been succesful in spotting talent to date so a challenge to improve on that

Therefore it is incredibly difficult to do more than make up the numbers with the bonus of decent finishes from time to time and a cup run. Saints have not achieved beyond this in the 40 years I have supported them

So what is the solution. Over to you

The unnamed player who didn't know you but confided in you and fed a negative story?

New manager and winning games will sort it out. Fcking best job in the world but bless if their morale ain't great.

The unnamed player who didn't know you but confided in you and fed a negative story?

New manager and winning games will sort it out. Fcking best job in the world but bless if their morale ain't great.

Having met him multiple times I'd like to think I wasn't just your random fan (hence why I'm not naming them), a few drinks possibly helped the conversation flow ! I think it was more aimed at the higher management and potential takeover rather than the football side of things .

Anybody, in any job, working for a company who are about to be taken over will have concerns about what the future holds. This is normal in any walk of life.

On the playing side, if there are players who want out and an unhealthy atmosphere in the dressing room, I'd find it hard to believe one of these isn't causing the other. Let those players go if it's that big a deal; we've done it before, we're still doing well.

As you do. I've never bumped into a player on holiday in my life. Glad you can afford the sort of places to go on holiday that the millionaires frequent.

"A few drinks may have helped loosen his tongue"... ?

When did modern PL players start drinking alcohol, then?

YCMIU! Oh, but you did....

Hmmm, let's look at who it can't be (away on international duty, thus unlikely to be out on the razz):

Forster

Cedric

Bertrand

Yoshida

Stephens

Gardos

Targett

JWP

Davis

Tadic

Redmond

Long

Gabbiadini

Leaving us with these (first team player) possibilities:

McCarthy - been in the treatment room more than the dressing room, wouldn't mind if he was replaced

VvD - I don't think anyone would be surprised if he isn't the happiest bunny right now, but doubt it is him

Classie - Possible, but unlikely

Romeu - I really don't think it would be him

PEH - Possible but, again, unlikely

Boufal - I thought he was at St Mary's getting treatment, not on holiday - so unlikely

McQueen - Possible but very unlikely (given how much playing time he was given)

Sims - Possible but very unlikely (given how much playing time he was given)

Austin - Just got back from holiday. I doubt Bianca would be happy with him being out on the razz right now. Very unlikely

JRod - My money is on this guy (if the story is true)

As you do. I've never bumped into a player on holiday in my life. Glad you can afford the sort of places to go on holiday that the millionaires frequent.

"A few drinks may have helped loosen his tongue"... ?

When did modern PL players start drinking alcohol, then?

YCMIU! Oh, but you did....

My son-in-law & grandson (wearing his Saints shirt) bumped into Fonte by the pool in Greece late last summer !

He made out that all was 'hunky dory' etc.. etc..

We all know how that ended :mcinnes:

Having met him multiple times I'd like to think I wasn't just your random fan (hence why I'm not naming them), a few drinks possibly helped the conversation flow ! I think it was more aimed at the higher management and potential takeover rather than the football side of things .

Old Les again? Interpersonal skillls really don't seem to be his forte, do they?

It's not just the players that are worried, a lot of others at the club are as well.

I think the general feeling is similar to us as fans in that they are concerned/bemused as to why Kat is even entertaining speaking to Lander, let alone selling us off to them.

There just seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the club at the moment, on and off the pitch.

As for bumping into players, I met a handful of PL players whilst on holiday just after the season finished, one of which was at Sunderland last year (I thought he'd be an absolute d*ck, but it turns out he's actually a pretty decent bloke!)... Some of the stuff he told me, Wow. They are in an absolute mess that club, I'd be very surprised if they come back up any time in the foreseeable future unless someone dramatic changes.

I went on holiday to Las Vegas once, bumped into a Chairman who shall remain unnamed. He personally invited me to stay with a team of players who has just won promotion to the premier league. A few drinks helped the week flow and before you knew it I was in a strip club doing coke with a man whose head was shaped like a cardboard box.

I went on holiday to Las Vegas once, bumped into a Chairman who shall remain unnamed. He personally invited me to stay with a team of players who has just won promotion to the premier league. A few drinks helped the week flow and before you knew it I was in a strip club doing coke with a man whose head was shaped like a cardboard box.

Pretty big claim.

Was he with his wife or his hairdresser?

yup just makes you wonder whos in the know?.............i could make a similar claim but wont so why do others?

I bet that that spoiled his day! :)

I hope it did :lol: He spoilt are day with that performance against Hull.

Mind you he had some blond bird with him, one that could be straight out of a MTV reality show, sure she could help him get over the disappointment, in return for some expensive shoes..

Jos Hooiveld?

I hope it did :lol: He spoilt are day with that performance against Hull.

Mind you he had some blond bird with him, one that could be straight out of a MTV reality show, sure she could help him get over the disappointment, in return for some expensive shoes..

That 'blond bird' would be his girlfriend (or at least I hope it was, as we don't need another Charlie situation getting out :lol: ). Been together years, certainly not straight out of an MTV reality show :)

yup just makes you wonder whos in the know?.............i could make a similar claim but wont so why do others?

There's a lot leaking out the club at the moment compared to other years. Maybe you should be asking why that is instead of doubting everyone.

The club is definitely not all roses right now and it's times like that people talk.

What the difficulty is is filtering rumour from fact. Because believe it or not a football club is like any other business and in the absence of information the space is often filled with rumour, and most naturally a lot of that is false.

That said some is true, it's why when I hear things I check to see if it matches up, and if I hear it a few times I start to think there's truth in it.

And as SKD and others have said, the repeated stuff at the moment isn't looking to glowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't a job like a normal job where there will be internal politics, fighting for promotions, disillusionment at not being appreciated, worried about job security etc.

Players do 20 hour weeks, if that, have to do no real thinking other than football related stuff. People are complicated and all that but I struggle to see how truly discontented they can be other than being linked to the managerial staff which lets face it is turns over at a rapid rate at nearly all clubs. Plus they themselves expect to move around so again that should put any grumbling into perspective - they aren't at Fords for life,

Lambert said something similar after he signed for Liverpool but swiftly forgotten after RK re-energised the squad. Same will happen here hopefully as no grumbling will have any real roots.

At the end of the day, contrary to much popular opinion that they are happy to just kick a ball around all day and take the money, footballers are winners. Not one of them would reach the levels of our friends down the road, let alone Premier League and above without that competitive streak and will to win.

They're not stupid, they know they aren't going to win every game. But if they have the feeling that the best isn't being made of their and their team-mates abilities, that selection and/or tactics and/or club policy doesn't seem to be to try to win every game and every tournament entered they are not going to be happy in their work (to put it mildly).

Not an ITK comment, just a general observation.

At the end of the day, contrary to much popular opinion that they are happy to just kick a ball around all day and take the money, footballers are winners. Not one of them would reach the levels of our friends down the road, let alone Premier League and above without that competitive streak and will to win.

They're not stupid, they know they aren't going to win every game. But if they have the feeling that the best isn't being made of their and their team-mates abilities, that selection and/or tactics and/or club policy doesn't seem to be to try to win every game and every tournament entered they are not going to be happy in their work (to put it mildly).

Not an ITK comment, just a general observation.

I'd love to know which club has a policy to not try and win every game...

Just because you holiday at butlins with the council estate crew doesn't mean we all do !

Didn't Rio Ferdinand take his kids to Bultins??

But don't let that stop you telling everyone on some two-bit internet forum what a high roller you are.

Truly, your lifestyle is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing

There's a lot leaking out the club at the moment compared to other years. Maybe you should be asking why that is instead of doubting everyone.

The club is definitely not all roses right now and it's times like that people talk.

What the difficulty is is filtering rumour from fact. Because believe it or not a football club is like any other business and in the absence of information the space is often filled with rumour, and most naturally a lot of that is false.

That said some is true, it's why when I hear things I check to see if it matches up, and if I hear it a few times I start to think there's truth in it.

And as SKD and others have said, the repeated stuff at the moment isn't looking to glowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true then it has come about entirely because of a lack of leadership and vision. It rather blows a huge hole below the waterline of the alleged rhetoric coming from the board about commitment going forward and the determination to find the "right" investor for SFC.

It implies they do not really care very much at all about the future of the club anymore as long as they get their £200m asking price. At which point no doubt they will all be off. Perhaps Rogers sensed this, fell out with Kreuger and left what he saw as a sinking ship.

Didn't Rio Ferdinand take his kids to Bultins??

But don't let that stop you telling everyone on some two-bit internet forum what a high roller you are.

Truly, your lifestyle is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing

Ahhh there's no need to be upset maybe you can save up your pocket money or mummy and daddy may take you to ibiza one day and you can be a high roller too !

I met half of the England team whilst on holiday in Marbella and managed to blag my way on to Ashley Coles stag do over there - was hardly a private island somewhere that's out of reach for the average joe - just a beach club in Spain. I've also been in many clubs and bars around the UK, including Southampton, and been in the same VIP area as many footballers, seen and heard many things. At the end of the day, they're just young lads with loose lips, so those that are bashing the OP, I'd say get off your high horse - the guy shared a bit of info, I don't know why you'd call him a liar?

I met half of the England team whilst on holiday in Marbella and managed to blag my way on to Ashley Coles stag do over there - was hardly a private island somewhere that's out of reach for the average joe - just a beach club in Spain. I've also been in many clubs and bars around the UK, including Southampton, and been in the same VIP area as many footballers, seen and heard many things. At the end of the day, they're just young lads with loose lips, so those that are bashing the OP, I'd say get off your high horse - the guy shared a bit of info, I don't know why you'd call him a liar?

I'm not overly bothered tbf, People don't like hearing things they don't want to that's life . Obviously I got a few photos and our player wasn't the only "Celeb" there and as you say you don't have to be a millionaire spending stupid money to go to places these people like to party at too !

If this is true then it has come about entirely because of a lack of leadership and vision. It rather blows a huge hole below the waterline of the alleged rhetoric coming from the board about commitment going forward and the determination to find the "right" investor for SFC.

It implies they do not really care very much at all about the future of the club anymore as long as they get their £200m asking price. At which point no doubt they will all be off. Perhaps Rogers sensed this, fell out with Kreuger and left what he saw as a sinking ship.

Except the man Rogers fell out with was Old Les. The rift started back when Rogers opposed the premature sale of Mane to Liverpool. Krueger seems to be opposing the sale of players too and it looks like he is beginning to assert some authority at the Club.