Nathan Redmond

Pamplemousse

He's already better than that..

seriously? A top class Aaron Lennon over what we have seen of Redmond so far, no comparison, you'd take Lennon all day long. Never the greatest player granted but was much better than what we have seen so far. Might change in the future, not holding my breath on that though.

Pundits, observers and experts must be seeing a different Nathan Redmond to me. One-dimensional, predictable, over-rated moaner. Over reliance on Redmond a huge part of our lack of creative football this year, in my opinion.

For all those criticising him, imagine how much worse we would have been attacking wise without him this season?

So many people moaning at how bad we are going forward and how dull we are, then they're hating on one of the only players to actually run at defenders and try and create something.

Also does his job defensively, too. Unlike others.

Sh1t Board, Sh1t Manager, Sh1t Team, Sh1t Players. Top Forum.

I do sometimes wonder how we manage to survive in the Premier League season after season.

Not just survive but survive in the top half of the premier league!

Sack the board, sack the manager, sack the players - but keep the forum!!!

I think Redmond has quality and will only get better.

Can't believe the number of our fans that want to slag off all aspects of the team every summer?!?!

Am i literally the only one who thinks that way about redmond?

I was underwhelmed when we signed him from Norwich, but he has somewhat proven me wrong. Some games he looks unstoppable, he just needs to become more consistent (and I'm sure we'd all like to see less moaning from him!).

He is a good little player with a fair amount of potential, pace abd trickery are hard to play against and replace, so Im glad he is with us.

He has a few things to work on, he seemsto believe he can shoot, when it's obvious to everyone else he cant. With a bi more composure and coaching to pick the right choice he could become excellent

He is a good little player with a fair amount of potential, pace abd trickery are hard to play against and replace, so Im glad he is with us.

He has a few things to work on, he seemsto believe he can shoot, when it's obvious to everyone else he cant. With a bi more composure and coaching to pick the right choice he could become excellent

We sometimes forget he's only 23. And he has doubled his scoring rate here compared to his spell at Norwich.

When he has been on his game he has been excellent ie Cup final. However, he does need to mature in not only his decision making as he quite often doesnt pass when obvious but also his body language can be really unprofessional. The amounf of times he is moaning at teammates is ridiculous. I get the impression him and Tadic have a personal issue. They rarely pass to each other. Good player but much more room for improvement.

He clearly has talent. Watch him when the forwards are being put through their routines against a keeper at the end of the warm up. His accuracy and scoring rate far exceeds that of everyone else taking part in the drills, including Gabbiadini. At pace and with either foot, he beats the keeper most times and puts the likes of Long, JayRod and Tadic to shame. The difficulty is obviously that he fails to do so in games, which is down to coaching, composure and decision making, so hopefully something that will be addressed. Easier to address these things than try to develop raw goal scoring talent in a player who doesn't have it.

My biggest criticism of Redmond is that he looks at time reluctant to run at and commit defenders, this is when he is at his best. For me, he too often looks for the safe option and always passes to the side or backwards.

He started to do this half way through the season, then dropped off again.

I was probably unfair on him at the start of last season, so I will give him next year, under a new manager (Hopefully more attack minded), before I make complete assessment.

I think he's got potential (not as a CF though), just needs to express himself a bit more, IMO.

Redmond is just another...

Shaun Wright-Phillips, Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott, Andros Townsend, Wayne Routledge...etc....etc

Speed is their only skill.

I would say he doesn't use his speed enough actually.

Good first touch, excellent in tight areas but not direct enough at times.

Pretty much the opposite of what you described.

My biggest criticism of Redmond is that he looks at time reluctant to run at and commit defenders, this is when he is at his best. For me, he too often looks for the safe option and always passes to the side or backwards.

He started to do this half way through the season, then dropped off again.

I was probably unfair on him at the start of last season, so I will give him next year, under a new manager (Hopefully more attack minded), before I make complete assessment.

I think he's got potential (not as a CF though), just needs to express himself a bit more, IMO.

Funnily enough he did an interview with Blackmore for Solent were he admitted Puel had told him he wanted him to commit players and get into the opposition area more. For a while he did do that and improved for it.

My problem with Redmond is that he seems to be able to play a blinder for one half, and not both. I am not sure whether it is the opposition changing their set up to nullify him or whether it is something else.

He reminds me a bit of Sterling

Redmond is a nice option to have in the team. Can be exciting, creative, fast and troublesome for defenders on his best day. In the right place, beating fullbacks 1v1, the lot.

On his worst he's wasteful and flimsy, but I suppose he's not the only one.

The great thing about Redmond is that somehow everyone else, including top journalists and pundits, seem to rate him a lot higher than we do ...

That can only bode well in the unlikely eventuality we decide to sell him. I suppose scouts in other English clubs will be more savvy to his price, though.

I think Redmond will prove to be a lot better than Aaron Lennon in the long run....

Let's be clear, Aaron Lennon in his pomp was very good (20+ appearances for various England sides that are much better than today's crop). It's not a slight; just a recognition that he ultimately flattered to deceive and never delivered on his promise at the highest level.

Edited by shurlock

Probably the safest purchase we've made in recent years, a young English attacker who the 'setup' love for 12mil (I think?) was always going to turn into a profit. Hugely frustrating at times, and way too ponderous way too often, but at his best brilliant. I'm happy he's ours.

This thread will come back and be hilarious in a year or 2.....but for completely the opposite reasons you give.

Not sure he will be a massive sale for the club, when you can probably get someone a lot better (for half the price) from Europe.

There is a reason why we were able to get him for 10m, and there is a reason why he wont be sold for much more than 15 - 20m...In a couple of seasons time, when hes demonstrated that circa 7 goals a season is his level.

All gong and no dinner.

That said, he would make a good impact sub, last 10 mins or so, against tired legs.

this thread will come back and be hilarious in a year or 2this thread will come back and be hilarious in a year or 2

Right now, I'd rather have him in our team than not. He's a player that can change a game.

I think he needs to be more direct. The fact he only got one assist all season seems to show that he rarely changes a game.