2017/18 Premier League fixtures

stevegrant

That end to the season is HARSH! Very tough, and we have a fairly comfortable start to the season. If ever we need to get our business done early in the summer, it's this summer, and we still have a manager whose future is vastly uncertain and question marks over who will start the season in our defence. Get it sorted people.

I 'thought' (not sure I got it where from) that Spurs' Wembley gates were capped at 55k or 60k?

My bad, the original planning conditions for Wembley were 50k capacity for extra events (they must have a calendar/a fixed number of days-a-year for 'full capacity' events).

In March the local planners gave them permission to use the full 90k capacity for all their PL games, so it looks like we could get a fairly hefty allocation on Boxing Day.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10811931/tottenham-secure-approval-to-play-wembley-matches-at-90000-capacity

My bad, the original planning conditions for Wembley were 50k capacity for extra events (they must have a calendar/a fixed number of days-a-year for 'full capacity' events).

In March the local planners gave them permission to use the full 90k capacity for all their PL games, so it looks like we could get a fairly hefty allocation on Boxing Day.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10811931/tottenham-secure-approval-to-play-wembley-matches-at-90000-capacity

I reckon it'll still only be the usual maximum of 3,200. It'll be the same situation as when we go to any larger stadium such as Old Trafford or the Emirates.

The extra increase in capacity will just mean that there will be more seats for home fans.

Here's the stadium plan showing the blocks that away fans will receive........

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Tottenham-Hotspur-Wembley-season-ticket-prices.jpg

Edited by marc_saint

When are the TV games announced

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-sky-bt-television-10619454

Get your calendar and highlighters ready to circle dates to book off to watch the football with the broadcasters set to announce their picks at the beginning of July.

July 10 to be precise for the games in August and Spetember.

October and November's games announced August 11,

December and January's games on October 12,

February's on December 12,

March's on January 25,

April's on February 26th,

May's on April 6.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-sky-bt-television-10619454

Get your calendar and highlighters ready to circle dates to book off to watch the football with the broadcasters set to announce their picks at the beginning of July.

July 10 to be precise for the games in August and Spetember.

October and November's games announced August 11,

December and January's games on October 12,

February's on December 12,

March's on January 25,

April's on February 26th,

May's on April 6.

Ridiculous it takes them a month to sort out tv fixtures.

We've actually got the easiest start of the premier league according to Sky Sports, based on average position of first 6 opponents.

1. Everton - 5.7

2. Stoke City - 7.8

3. Arsenal - 8.2

4. Burnley - 8.5

5. Chelsea - 9.2

5. Leicester - 9.2

7. Watford - 9.7

8. Bournemouth - 10.2

9. West Ham - 10.7

10. Swansea - 10.8

11. Crystal Palace - 11

11. Man Utd - 11

13. Liverpool - 11.2

14. Tottenham - 11.3

15. Brighton - 11.5

16. Man City - 11.7

17. West Brom - 12.2

18. Huddersfield - 13.2

19. Newcastle - 13.3

20. Southampton - 13.8

Don't **** it up Saints!!!!

So, there's potential for 2 months with only 1 game at St. Mary's (between mid-February and mid-April). Brilliant....

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15347331.Saints_face_Hammers_fixture_dilemma/

Saints are due to host West Ham on Saturday, March 31, but if the game was changed to an away fixture so the sides could meet at St Mary’s in August, Saints would have a run of four consecutive away games that would see them travel to Newcastle, Swansea, West Ham and Arsenal in successive fixtures.

It would also leave their home match against Stoke as the only game at St Mary’s between the February 10 clash with Liverpool and the fixture against Chelsea on April 14.

Just seen the TV games for Aug/Sept won't be decided until July.

It's been said many times before, but fans are really being treated like sh!t by Sky And BT. They really don't give a toss about fans in the stadium.

I see there's also now a move to have 11am Sunday games - good time for the Asian TV market, apparently. Not so good travelling to a game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

West Ham games have been reversed due to the athletics so we will now play them at home on 19th August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that also means four away games in a row in March/April. Sounds familiar?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If they can't provide a ground fit for purpose for a given fixture, the team responsible should forfeit the points.

A little tough maybe. But they should certainly forfeit home advantage - ie they would play us twice at SMS - and they would have to pay for us hosting the first one.

I hope Sky and BT announce the first batch nice an early.

July 10th

Games for broadcast in the months of August and September will be announced approximately July 10, 2017.

Matches for October and November will follow on August 11 with games selected for December and January being known on October 12.

February's fixtures will be announced on December 12.

March on January 25, 2018, will April's games following on February 26 and May's fixture's on April 6.

The final matchweek (38) of games will be announced after all clubs have played 37 matches.

Read more: http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=495412#ixzz4kX4mmvgr

A little tough maybe. But they should certainly forfeit home advantage - ie they would play us twice at SMS - and they would have to pay for us hosting the first one.

They certainly ought to incur some sort of penalty. It's not as if their move to the ex-Olympic stadium is a temporary one, where maybe the FA/PL ought to cut some slack. This is a permanent stadium, what is more controversially funded, and presumably such problems will happen in future seasons too. This ought to have been factored in to the arrangements when they took over the stadium.

They certainly ought to incur some sort of penalty. It's not as if their move to the ex-Olympic stadium is a temporary one, where maybe the FA/PL ought to cut some slack. This is a permanent stadium, what is more controversially funded, and presumably such problems will happen in future seasons too. This ought to have been factored in to the arrangements when they took over the stadium.

To be fair to them, West Ham aren't the owners, they are merely the tenants. The World Championships were awarded to London in 2011, well before West Ham agreed to use the stadium.

To be fair to them, West Ham aren't the owners, they are merely the tenants. The World Championships were awarded to London in 2011, well before West Ham agreed to use the stadium.

So why did the FA announce a fixture list that included home games for West Ham at a stadium that wasn't going to be available if they knew it had been committed to athletics some six years ago?

I can't remember them being forced to mover out of Upton Park and take over this ground.

Agreed, if a club is unable to provide an adequate stadium they should have to arrange a suitable alternative at their own expense, as I assume Spurs are with Wembley. Most fans are annoyed at them getting a free stadium from the tax payer but this stinks of having your cake and eating it to me. Like a bloke catching you in bed with his wife and asking him for a lift home.

Agreed, if a club is unable to provide an adequate stadium they should have to arrange a suitable alternative at their own expense, as I assume Spurs are with Wembley. Most fans are annoyed at them getting a free stadium from the tax payer but this stinks of having your cake and eating it to me. Like a bloke catching you in bed with his wife and asking him for a lift home.

I believe Spurs fixtures are getting moved around too as Wembley not available for some of their fixtures.

Oh, **** and ******* and thrice ******

That's another game I'll miss. What a waste of time my season tickets are :(

Why do you keep buying it, it is not as if this will be the only disruption of the season? We are always being F'd about by Sky & BT so trying to plan your life around fixture lists that are never set in stone is a waste of energy and time. Numerous times last season we had to make choices from clashing events and lost a lot of money as a result. So no ST for me this year irrespective of more recent going's on

Why do you keep buying it, it is not as if this will be the only disruption of the season? We are always being F'd about by Sky & BT so trying to plan your life around fixture lists that are never set in stone is a waste of energy and time. Numerous times last season we had to make choices from clashing events and lost a lot of money as a result. So no ST for me this year irrespective of more recent going's on

I'm beginning to ask myself the same question. It's actually a pair of seats in prime position on the halfway line in the Kingsland so I am reluctant to relinquish them. I'm hoping that some of my family can go but August is a prime time for family holidays.

• 3 weeks later...