Puel Sacked - Official

The9

There seems to be a deficiency in class among JRod's family members. I wonder if his dad has chimed in yet.

Classy family. Although one could argue he'd be more than clued up about life behind the scenes under Puel and probably knows a hell of a lot we don't regarding players opinions.

Classy family. Although one could argue he'd be more than clued up about life behind the scenes under Puel and probably knows a hell of a lot we don't regarding players opinions.

Probably correct, and it's an interesting insight. But, it's also embarrassing and cringeworthy. This isn't Sunday league, players' dad's and brother's mouthing off because their boy isn't happy. Think there's some growing up to do in the Rodriguez household.

Yeah he is.

My view is that as soon as we see the words 'executive director' Les Reed in a Telegraph article, it means Jeremy has been spoon fed an article from the club. The fact, therefore, that the article is already expressing doubts about Thomas T's ability means that we can already rule him out of the equation. Read back Les's Telegraph stuff from the last 2 years and a pattern emerges (relaxed, quiet summer, no need to sell Mane, etc etc.....)

In two minds here -

half of me says - 8th in Prem, Cup Final, Unforgettable trip to Milan - I'd give him another chance as he can't be so negative next season

the other half says - 8th in Prem, Cup Final, Unforgettable trip to Milan, but some of the most negative and dullest football I've seen since the halcyon days of Branfoot - glad to see him go.

Hope we bring in someone creative

That's my view too. Feel nervous tonight and will remain so until I know who is coming in. Assuming we go into next season with largely the same group of players, we will find out if a new manager can get more out of them. However, I dare say there will be some churn in the squad too, so it will be hard to compare. Even so, I will ask myself in May, did I enjoy the football on offer and hopefully I will be able to say yes.

My view is that as soon as we see the words 'executive director' Les Reed in a Telegraph article, it means Jeremy has been spoon fed an article from the club. The fact, therefore, that the article is already expressing doubts about Thomas T's ability means that we can already rule him out of the equation. Read back Les's Telegraph stuff from the last 2 years and a pattern emerges (relaxed, quiet summer, no need to sell Mane, etc etc.....)

The Malcolm Waldron ?

Did a good job in the circumstances. I'll reserve judgement on whether it's the right move or not when I see the replacement. He's got a tough gig when 8th & a cup final isn't good enough. I guess we'll get to see just how easy those achievements are this coming season. Hope this doesn't mean that Jack Stephens progress stalls because he's the shining light of the past 3 months. I guess the players who wanted out because of Puel will all be staying now!!!!!!!!!!

The club have shown a lack of class in dragging this out, some of our supporters have shown a lack of class & some of the players (and their family) have shown a lack of class. Unlike Claude whose been classy throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instant? I think if I'd underperformed for a year in my job, I'd be invited to leave too.

He did better than the majority of other teams. Are we going to sack everyone who doesn't make europe at first attempt? Or if it's a fashionable name and rants and raves then it's fine?

Good luck to Claude, he's had a raw deal here from the board and the fans.

Always felt if he had the time he was here for the long term and stability and now we start all over again.

8th and a cup final with a toothless frontline up till January and a make do centre back pairing.

This. The silver lining is Black has gone. Or has he? :scared:

Pleeeease be Tuchel......It wont be though. My money is on Brendan Rogers.He tried to get out of his Celtic contract to come to us last time.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Aside from the occasions when Rodgers should have kept his mouth shut about us in the past, I personally think he'd be a decent fit. However I think he'd have a job winning our fans over and appears to comfortable at Celtic.

Tuchel is the obvious choice. I'd love to see him come and have the same influence as Klopp has had at Liverpool. It'd be great to get a big name, thus keeping the players happy and attracting bigger name transfers, but I have a worrying feeling it'll be another underwhelming managerial signing. Hope I'm wrong.

As for Claude, I feel a bit sorry for him seeing as he had us finishing 8th and getting us to a cup final in what is essentially a results driven business, the new manager will have to go some to get us the same, and he was without our top striker and top centre back for half a season, but his style of football is what's lost him his job. I hope he gets a job soon. This must look like a strange sacking to fans of other clubs, but it's really not.

Huge summer ahead.

Really hope he goes back and does well in France again.

Seemed a gentleman and so many of our fans are classless. No need for the abuse towards end although did give message to Les.

Just looked at the odds. Tuchel at evens and almost the only name on the list that gives me confidence. But when did Saints ever do the obvious and do what the fans want?

Good luck to Claude in the future....I'm sure he will shine somewhere else.

Not that I think he was a complete failure here.

I do think Black had a vastly bigger influence than we think.

I mean look at the style,or lack of,he introduced at Villa.

I don't think this experience has damaged Puels CV much at all.

Here's hoping whoever we replace him with it isn't a case of ' better the devil you know' ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the wilson article actually implies it is indeed tuchel that we'll probs get in. it says the club is aware of his difficulties at Dortmund yet he still won the cup. kinda tries to convince us he's a winner in any circumstances and doesn't go into detail to put us off him. so I'm clutching at straws.

Good to see Puel rotated out. Permanently. He can take his passes back to the goalkeeper from the opposition byeline, and keep going on through the turnstiles, down to the docks and back over to France. Don't care about his 8th place finish or even expect a new manager to do as well, just want to be proud of a team that plays with style again. Caution is overrated.

Probably the right decision in the end. Feel a bit sorry for him, poor summer transfer window, injuries to key players, had to play half a season without a striker who could score regularly then the other half with one of the worst centre back parings in the league. He may not have been the right fit for us but some of our pot bellied, dinlow fans wanted him out since the end of August because he didn't crack jokes in the media. The whole thing about him being boring is pathetic, I'd rather have someone like Puel than a slimy cockroach like Klopp playing up to his wacky character image he likes to portray. Whoever our new manager is he better make sure he's got a book on one liners to keep our knob head fan base LOLing.

Not a surprise. Personally didn't have an issue with him seemed like a good guy who conducted himself well. Given the squad he was left with I think he did a decent enough job and the next bloke is going to struggle to do much better without a major squad overhaul this summer.

the bigger question for me is this

The search for a new management team is underway

WTF. Has it really taken them this long to decide that Puel isn't the guy? and are they really only starting to look for a new manager now...****ing Joke if so.

Good to see Puel rotated out. Permanently.

Indeed. Puel's out for summer, Puel's out forever.

As many others have said I wish him well but am mightily relieved he's gone. Just hope the delay is down to us now having all but secured his successor rather than having failed to do so but concluded we can't hang the bloke out to dry any longer.

Thanks for what really was a great season, Claude. Despite what many will insist, we did play some good football, but didn't score enough.

Shows how expectations have risen when 8th and a Wembley final aren't good enough to overcome some frustrating results and, more importantly, an outwardly dour managerial style.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

When did he get abuse? The majority left before the lap of honour. I presume everybody who stayed would have been polite enough? Obviously not.

The abuse was during the game, booing his subs, chanting against him. Whether there were people ragging off as he left the pitch I don't know.

I feel a bit sorry for him. Has always acted with dignity and class, unlike a large group of our fans.

Whatever anyone says he helped provide memories that will stay with me forever, including probably the best goal celebration of all time.

Thanks Claude and good luck.

Thrown under the bus by the club and the fans but he'll get a nice payout and shouldn't have a hard time jumping into a new job. Unlucky to be the one in charge during the season we weakened our squad in order to build for the future. The next manager(s) will get the benefits.

Remained dignified and classy throughout the ridiculous abuse he got from some of the fans. One would have thought we were getting beat by more than 3 goals every game and facing relegation all season.

Be careful what you wish for. Some fans think just because we've seen the back of Puel, that we will definitely get Tuchel or whoever the flavour of the month is.

Thanks for wembley Puel & all the best!

Remained dignified and classy throughout the ridiculous abuse he got from some of the fans. One would have thought we were getting beat by more than 3 goals every game and facing relegation all season.

Be careful what you wish for. Some fans think just because we've seen the back of Puel, that we will definitely get Tuchel or whoever the flavour of the month is.

Thanks for wembley Puel & all the best!

Agree with this. Just hope in 20 games or so we're not saying perhaps he wasn't that bad.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wilson mentions other German managers we will be considering other than Tuchel.

That's the key line in the Wilson 'club fed' article IMO.

If Tuchel was a dead cert shoe in then that "other German managers" line surely wouldn't have appeared in the article.

I think it's a more significant reference (aka subtle hint) than it appears on the surface.

IMHO of course

Not a surprise. Personally didn't have an issue with him seemed like a good guy who conducted himself well. Given the squad he was left with I think he did a decent enough job and the next bloke is going to struggle to do much better without a major squad overhaul this summer.

the bigger question for me is this

The search for a new management team is underway

WTF. Has it really taken them this long to decide that Puel isn't the guy? and are they really only starting to look for a new manager now...****ing Joke if so.

Read slowwllyyyy: it does NOT say "the search has just begun". It says "the search is underway". Which means we are looking now, but does not comment on what we did in the past, except that sometime in the past we started searching.