Puel Sacked - Official

The9

Great news, I can now get my season ticket, hopefully will announce Tuchel soon

I'm sure the vast majority of fans will rejoice this news and will be looking forward to a more normal style of play next season and the players can re-capture the team spirit of past seasons

I will fondly remember the cup run but the way he set out, especially at home, was inexcusable.

When you're winning a corner at home to Hull or Bournemouth and end up passing it back to your own 'keeper it makes for some pretty boring viewing.

I found out in the greatest way possible - via the "Alan's Available" Curbishley Twitter feed. True story.

About time. I expect the replacement announcement to be almost immediate considering the amount of time this has taken.

Mixed feelings - the season could have been better; it could have been worse -and it certainly could have been more entertaining. Hope the club and Uncle Les are honest enough to admit that things begin with recruitment and the quality of the squad.

Edited by shurlock

Never really got the players motoring in the league. The difference for me was how they performed in the cup final (ok, albeit losing) compared to some lacklustre league performances. Perhaps the players are as much to blame but ultimately it's gotta rest with Puel.

Enjoyed his goal celebrations very much.

I found out in the greatest way possible - via the "Alan's Available" Curbishley Twitter feed. True story.

About time. I expect the replacement announcement to be almost immediate considering the amount of time this has taken.

That's a reasonable assumption.

Whilst I consider this to be a harsh decision, all things considered, it does however 'feel' right given that he'd obviously lost the support of a significant proportion of the fanbase and, if the rumours are true, some of the dressing room too.

Best of luck in your future endeavours Claude, and thanks for some memorable highlights last season.

Merci. Bon soir

I dont really know where my head is, hard to be excited about sacking a guy that did ok, but ultimately my heart says its the right choice. Plus, Id fall into a coma watching his tactics next year.

Itll ultimately fall on our next appointment though, so lets hope it's successful

I do need to question why we have to go through this crap every bloody year

Can't say I'm upset. The football was dire at times and he didn't have much of a spark. It felt like a chore going to home games on many occasions. Still, I thought he wasnt too bad. Now let's go for someone ambitious like koeman again.

And then all moan again when they want to up sticks in two years time... ;)

Agree with most of the comments above. Decent bloke, in the wrong job. Just wasn't a good fit and the football at home was so boring. Just hope that they get the right manager this time round. Need someone who will give the club a lift

Sad for Puel, was a long term appointment and 8th and a cup final is far from a disaster despite some poor home performances. If it had to happen then it's good to get it done. However we are gambling and the downsides are significant. Life gets much worse than this as a Saints fan.

Finally the club have shown, along with most others, that loyalty is a thing of the past so we should not bleat if a manager or player does well and wants to break their contract and leave early. It cuts both ways.....

Take it Black is a gogo too???

I'd have thought so. Generally new managers want their own team. Probably a decent coach but couldn't get to grips with the English game. Hope he does well back in France but now can look at next season with a little more optimism.

I feel a bit bad for being pleased, he's probably a decent bloke, but **** me most of what we saw at home was bloody boring, negative, awful.

Agreed. Feel a bit sorry for him, but style of play was his downfall sadly. All the best for the future Claude. Next...

Why have they waited so long and wasted so much time? Hope the replacement is in place very quickly, other clubs are already making signings.

You would hope it's because they waited until they were fairly sure a replacement was lined up. Last thing we want is a repeat of the Fonte fiasco, desperately offering Curbishley a 1 year deal a week before the season starts.

I feel sad for Claude. A nice man, good coach, but had bad luck with injuries and largely too conservative in his style.

What I'm most happy about is we get to move forward now without being in this weird Twilight zone that we've been in since the season ended.