Flammable Cladding and Exploding Fridges

Guided Missile

• 2 weeks later...
Given it is student accommodation, I wonder what GM will make of this

"Cladding on a block of student flats that was hit by a major blaze is a cause for "concern", Greater Manchester's mayor has said."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50445311

I'd hope that the people investigating the fire will follow the evidence. Little chance of the MSM, the local politicians or the gullible fools on this site from doing that. Maybe it is worth reading this story from over a year ago. I doubt much was made of it:

1 MARCH 2018 • 12:22AM

A survivor of the Grenfell Tower fire is facing jail after investigators found the remains of his cannabis oil factory in the wreck of the building. Eamon Zada, 35, was arrested after officers combing the burnt-out tower three weeks after the deadly blaze found a store of cannabis cuttings, butane gas canisters and an oven in his flat. Zada, who is currently being housed at the Raddison Blu hotel in Portman Square, Marylebone, had produced enough cannabis oil to last one user 140 days, Westminster Magistrates' Court heard. On Wednesday, Zada pleaded guilty to one count of being concerned in the supply of cannabis on or before July 4 last year.

If it's okay, I'm sticking to my probable cause...fridge/freezers don't explode because of a faulty wire crimp, FFS...

I'd hope that the people investigating the fire will follow the evidence. Little chance of the MSM, the local politicians or the gullible fools on this site from doing that. Maybe it is worth reading this story from over a year ago. I doubt much was made of it:

If it's okay, I'm sticking to my probable cause...fridge/freezers don't explode because of a faulty wire crimp, FFS...

He lived on the 8th floor and the fire started on the 4th so I'm not sure it's that relevant.

You mean Sir Martin Moore-Bick who led the official Grenfell inquiry and has seen all the available evidence?

#gamesetandmatch

Open & shut case? I don't think so.

I will keep an open mind until the inquiry concludes, but I am sure the detectives waiting for the Phase 2 evidence to be published, are poised to take action against whatever and whoever the evidence points them to. The victims and their families deserve nothing less.

Extract from Chapter 21 of the Phase 1 Grenfell Report

Chairman: The Rt Hon Sir Martin Moore-Bick

October 2019

21.29 Identifying the precise point of ignition within the large fridge-freezer poses a significant challenge. In the light of Dr Glover’s evidence, and in the absence of any evidence suggesting some other cause, Professor Nic Daéid was satisfied that the cause of the fire was probably electrical. Beyond that she did not think that there was enough evidence to enable her to reach a more definite conclusion.21.30 In an addendum to his report Dr Glover put forward the hypothesis that the origin of the fire was the overheating of a defective crimp connection within a wire connector in the large fridge-freezer.32 Whirlpool strongly challenged that part of Dr Glover’s evidence, but again without the support of any expert evidence. Having considered the addendum to Dr Glover’s report as well as his oral evidence, I have come to the conclusion that further investigations would be required before any reliable conclusion could be reached on that question. That could involve considerable time and expense, which might, or might not, enable a firm conclusion to be reached. Whatever the outcome, however, it could not detract from the overwhelming weight of the evidence that the fire started somewhere in the large fridge/freezer. A fire originating in an electrical domestic appliance is not an uncommon event; the important question for this Inquiry is how an ordinary domestic fire could have had such catastrophic consequences for the whole building and its occupants. Further examination of parts from the large fridge-freezer will not provide the answer to that question. In my view it is better to accept that it is not possible within the scope of this Inquiry to identify with confidence the precise nature of the defect in the large fridge-freezer which caused the fire.

Extract from Chapter 22 of the Phase 1 Grenfell Report

Chairman: The Rt Hon Sir Martin Moore-Bick

October 2019

22.42 Without access to the whole of the information obtained from the reconstruction it is not possible to determine whether the test itself and the conclusions drawn from it have a bearing on the questions addressed in this Chapter (The Escape of the Fire from Flat 16). However, if that information can be made available, I shall ask Professor Torero and Professor Bisby to prepare short reports explaining whether it causes them to alter or refine the evidence they gave at Phase 1. I am also willing to receive submissions from core participants on the relevance of the reconstruction and the conclusions drawn from it at some convenient time during Phase 2. In those circumstances,the findings made in this Chapter remain provisional and I will express a final view in the Phase 2 report.

Section 21.27

“Whatever the origin of the initial fire, the evidence indicates that it was accidental. Mr Kebede in particular bears no blame for what occurred in his flat, much less for the catastrophic events that followed. On the contrary, he did exactly what a responsible person might be expected to do in the circumstances and his presence of mind in switching off the electricity as he left the flat enabled important evidence to be gathered about the origin of the fire”.

Section 21.27

“Whatever the origin of the initial fire, the evidence indicates that it was accidental. Mr Kebede in particular bears no blame for what occurred in his flat, much less for the catastrophic events that followed. On the contrary, he did exactly what a responsible person might be expected to do in the circumstances and his presence of mind in switching off the electricity as he left the flat enabled important evidence to be gathered about the origin of the fire”.

So?

So?

The cause of the fire was obviously, whatever it's origin, accidental. IF it involved the production of illicit drugs, as what was happening a couple floors up, I doubt anyone would allow their stash to burn, deliberately. Still, it looks like a loosely crimped electrical connection was the likely cause, causing the fridge/freezer to explode.

My bad....

"Although some questions remain unanswered, the evidence, viewed as a whole, leaves me in no doubt that the fire originated in the large fridge-freezer. "

"Dr Glover’s forensic electrical analysis persuasively identifies the area of origin as the large fridge-freezer. His conclusions are consistent not only with the evidence of Mr Kebede and the crew who first fought the fire but also with the physical evidence of the burn patterns both to the large fridge-freezer itself and to the floor where it had been standing and with the damage to the skirting board behind it."

They can, because it happened to me, and they don't explodes, they overheat and catch fire.

Also, that's hardly a factory, lol. Oil for one person for 140 days. About the equivalent of 20 packs of fags for many people.

• 2 months later...