Flammable Cladding and Exploding Fridges

Guided Missile

No. Just dont think you can justify attacking anyone unprovoked, however slight the attack... but the extreme left wing would view that as collateral damage...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's distasteful; but no point moralising about it. The perpetrators look like locals rather than lefties FWIW.

What a weird view to have.

:mcinnes::lol: That's rich coming you.

Over a hundred people burned alive, but the right whingers find protesting and pushing more distasteful. They blame the tragedy on the poor themselves. And endorse the reoccurance of such events by trying to wriggle out of their taxes by any means necessary.

People can get a bit testy after watching their families get burned alive because the council wrapped their concrete homes in flammable plastic.

I can't remember if it's Bognor or Duckhunter who has a brother who is a "leftie" but unfortunately they've let their dysfunctional family relationships cloud their view of the real world to a sociopathic degree.

:mcinnes:[emoji38] That's rich coming you.

Over a hundred people burned alive, but the right whingers find protesting and pushing more distasteful. They blame the tragedy on the poor themselves. And endorse the reoccurance of such events by trying to wriggle out of their taxes by any means necessary.

Can you point me to where i have blamed them???

I highlighted a multitude of those responsible and want them brought to justice...

Keep taking the pills...

Can you point me to where i have blamed them???

I highlighted a multitude of those responsible and want them brought to justice...

Keep taking the pills...

Now you're getting paranoid. You need to look at the thread starter to see whose playing the blame game.

People can get a bit testy after watching their families get burned alive because the council wrapped their concrete homes in flammable plastic.

Responsibility for capital projects was transferred from the "council" to the tenants association in 2002.

It's distasteful; but no point moralising about it. The perpetrators look like locals rather than lefties FWIW.

What do North Ken "locals" look like? That's a very slippery slope.

Looks like progress is being made in determining who was responsible.

Would that be the crooks who supplied and installed cladding and insulation which is failing ALL safety tests it is being subjected to?

'Det Supt McCormack says the tests carried out on the cladding and insulation were "small scale" but added: "All I can say at the moment is they [the tiles and insulation] don't pass any safety tests."'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40380584

Edited by badgerx16
Added link for GM's education

I can't remember if it's Bognor or Duckhunter who has a brother who is a "leftie" but unfortunately they've let their dysfunctional family relationships cloud their view of the real world to a sociopathic degree.

If I had a brother he wouldn't be a ****ing leftie.

I have a perfectly functional family thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tower block in Camden being evacuated tonight. Exactly the same cladding. Installed in 2005 under a labour government, labour council & paid for by PFI deal negotiated by labour council. What's Corbyn , Khan & other assorted lefties gonna say about that? Where's the rage?

Tower block in Camden being evacuated tonight. Exactly the same cladding. Installed in 2005 under a labour government, labour council & paid for by PFI deal negotiated by labour council. What's Corbyn , Khan & other assorted lefties gonna say about that? Where's the rage?

It does not matter who managed the contracts, Labour, Tory, LibDem, or Martian. If the cladding does not meet the appropriate safety standards, either somebody knew and hid the information, or the testing and monitoring system was a sham. Either way, this could blow up and shame the entire Political elite.

I thought it was a meth factory in there (because that's what all poor people do)?

Some people are poor because they spend money on drugs. People that sell drugs are generally rich and buy designer sh! t which they save from the flames.

Then again, the villains could be the CEO of Hotpoint or a cladding manufacturer.

Either way you're a clueless d! ck....

Some people are poor because they spend money on drugs. People that sell drugs are generally rich and buy designer sh! t which they save from the flames.

Then again, the villains could be the CEO of Hotpoint or a cladding manufacturer.

Either way you're a clueless d! ck....

You're a lying cvnt and you know f*ck all. Hope that helps.

Would that be the crooks who supplied and installed cladding and insulation which is failing ALL safety tests it is being subjected to?

'Det Supt McCormack says the tests carried out on the cladding and insulation were "small scale" but added: "All I can say at the moment is they [the tiles and insulation] don't pass any safety tests."'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40380584

I dont know about who is allowed to price a council job like this, I assume only large companies, but the council surely have building inspectors and regs, fire officers etc that should ensure this product doesnt get through.Afterall these people are there to protect the public are they not?

The contractors will be thinking of bankrupcy and fearlful that they will be sought and justice served

I doubt Tony Blair ,Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Teresa May went down to sign this off to proceed

I dont know about who is allowed to price a council job like this, I assume only large companies, but the council surely have building inspectors and regs, fire officers etc that should ensure this product doesnt get through.Afterall these people are there to protect the public are they not?

The contractors will be thinking of bankrupcy and fearlful that they will be sought and justice served

I doubt Tony Blair ,Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Teresa May went down to sign this off to proceed

I read somewhere a week or so or go that at least one contractor was a small popup setup - do a job, don't pay your bills, go bankrupt, get bought for £1 by the previous owner. Its quite possible that what the purchaser specified isnt what they got. Pretty much all celotex boards look alike.

I read somewhere a week or so or go that at least one contractor was a small popup setup - do a job, don't pay your bills, go bankrupt, get bought for £1 by the previous owner. Its quite possible that what the purchaser specified isnt what they got. Pretty much all celotex boards look alike.

Does that not fall on those who requisitioned the work? Surely they are duty bound to do their due dilligence on all contractors?

Does that not fall on those who requisitioned the work? Surely they are duty bound to do their due dilligence on all contractors?

In principle yes, but I suspect that you underestimate the power of the padded brown envelope in partnership with a 'funny' handshake.

Thats one of the problems of taking housing management away from councils with building regs knowledge and giving it to arms length management organisations - they don't have the skills or knowledge. Cheapest quotes are often cheapest for a reason - because someone is going to cut corners somewhere, and inexperienced or understaffed commissioners wont necessarily spot it. Bait and switch is a well known scam

the whole thing getting ridiculous now. Tower blocks in Camden being evacuated, residents refusing to move and saying they feel safe, there have been fires in the block before and they've been well contained. Classic media driven knee jerk reaction.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the truth is about to come out?

The police investigation into the causes of the fire is also continuing, including an examination of "all criminal offences that may have been committed".

Reading between the lines is not difficult as again, I can't see anyone executive of Hotpoint having committed a criminal offence for selling a faulty fridge or of anyone owning one. Fishy as f*** as my edit of the OP may suggest. Exploding fridge? Yeah....

(Cue abuse)

Reading between the lines is not difficult as again, I can't see anyone executive of Hotpoint having committed a criminal offence for selling a faulty fridge or of anyone owning one. Fishy as f*** as my edit of the OP may suggest. Exploding fridge? Yeah....

(Cue abuse)

Perhaps the 'criminal' offences relate to the contractual process relating to the refurbishment of the building. There have been comments suggesting that the tiles fitted were not the ones in the original specification.

(Cue abuse)

Word on the street is that Agform might have supplied chemicals involved in the faulty fridge's malfunction. Vicious rumours imo.

If my fridge blew up, I would be busy suing the manufacturer.

It's more complicated than that, it depends on the conditions of use. If, for example, you had been hanging your underwear on the back to dry it out or you had it standing next to an electric heater then it may well overheat. Having said that, I'm sure that several manufacturers are chewing their fingernails and checking the flight schedules to Argentina. Probably best to wait for the official reports.

Why? You've done nothing wrong

I think you would naturally feel a bit guilty even if you were not to blame.

Why the fire started is not the issue, there will always be fires in properties - it's why it spread so fast throughout the block and killed so many that is criminal.

(Cue abuse)

You certainly know something about meltdowns, I'll grant you that.