European Under-21 Championships

igsey

Ward-Prowse just superb

He was. Delivery from free kicks showed he can bend it like Beckham, if he starts the season well for Saints he'll be called up for the full England squad again, Southgate is a big fan of his.

Hope Redmond is fit in time for Tuesdays semi final

He was. Delivery from free kicks showed he can bend it like Beckham, if he starts the season well for Saints he'll be called up for the full England squad again, Southgate is a big fan of his.

Hopefully Redmond not too bad. Came off with "a tight groin"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just think it would be nice if we had a decent striker that could barge his way on the end of these corners and free kicks.

Great performance from JWP, hopefully we'll start seeing those sort of performances a bit more consistently for Saints now he's getting a bit older.

Thought he played really well, made himself available, looked to pass forward and his dead ball delivery was a bit special last night.

JWP is a top player.

If we wanted to buy him, we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Not too sure about that to be honest, but you're right he is a top player. It occurred to me last night while watching him, I wonder when other clubs will come in for him - wonder what sort of price he would fetch. Not looking to offload or anything - just wondered.

JWP is a top player.

If we wanted to buy him, we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Err.. Mistaken, surely. I've been reading thread after thread running him down, all season. I've been led to believe he's useless.

On the other hand, maybe I've been right all along, saying he's the quiet cog in the machine that makes it work. Along with Davis.

Err.. Mistaken, surely. I've been reading thread after thread running him down, all season. I've been led to believe he's useless.

On the other hand, maybe I've been right all along, saying he's the quiet cog in the machine that makes it work. Along with Davis.

I've never really encountered such an exaggerated player. His criticisms at times are so bizarrely over the top but so are the quality of his set pieces at times.

I think he has been very solid for us this season and its hard to believe he is still so young.

I expect him to continue to show improvement this season. Will start running games and our next captain.

Provided the stupid abuse he got from so-called Saints fans throughout last season hasn't convinced him he'll be appreciated better elsewhere.

Ward-Prowse is one of the elder players at the tournament - and while he's certainly played well, his physical limitations aren't nearly as apparent in the company of younger kids as when he plays with adults.

If he's really to kick on, it will be how he copes in high paced, physical games against men that defines him. Too many matches last season passed him by because they were just too quick and aggressive. The Man City game at home was a particular low point - he was second (at best) to absolutely everything, knocked off the ball time and again, and was subbed having contributed precisely nothing, aside from looking lost and bewildered as players and ball zipped around him in a blur.

He still doesn't have a settled playing position, because he can't do the defensive work of a deep lying central midfielder (his natural home), is way too slow to play on the wing, and not nearly creative enough to play as a 10.

There's a player in there, no doubt, but let's not kid ourselves: he's got a hell of a long way to go yet.

I suspect Germany in the semis will be quite a step up for all the England lads after coming through the weakest group by far.

Ward-Prowse is one of the elder players at the tournament - and while he's certainly played well, his physical limitations aren't nearly as apparent in the company of younger kids as when he plays with adults.

If he's really to kick on, it will be how he copes in high paced, physical games against men that defines him. Too many matches last season passed him by because they were just too quick and aggressive. The Man City game at home was a particular low point - he was second (at best) to absolutely everything, knocked off the ball time and again, and was subbed having contributed precisely nothing, aside from looking lost and bewildered as players and ball zipped around him in a blur.

He still doesn't have a settled playing position, because he can't do the defensive work of a deep lying central midfielder (his natural home), is way too slow to play on the wing, and not nearly creative enough to play as a 10.

There's a player in there, no doubt, but let's not kid ourselves: he's got a hell of a long way to go yet.

I suspect Germany in the semis will be quite a step up for all the England lads after coming through the weakest group by far.

I think this is a fair comment. When you look at the other players in the England set up, or even at past squads, there is a question mark of how good they are or will become.

That being said, it seems churlish to either knock or refuse to credit him for good performances. It all helps his confidence and development.

We look awful, defending deep and humping it long to a lone front man. They will take us to the cleaners.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Reassuring to see that they are playing the same tactics as the first team then.

Reassuring to see that they are playing the same tactics as the first team then.

' Humping it long' is not a tactic. It's a way of playing when you are bereft of ideas...!

No idea how England are still in this - they've been clueless in possession and a shambles at the back.

Prowse's set pieces are all we've got.

Really hope Saints aren't seriously considering bringing Chambers back. He's a poor defender, to say the least.

Penalties or bust here, I'd imagine...

No idea how England are still in this - they've been clueless in possession and a shambles at the back.

Prowse's set pieces are all we've got.

Really hope Saints aren't seriously considering bringing Chambers back. He's a poor defender, to say the least.

Penalties or bust here, I'd imagine...

It would be nothing short of embarrassing if we were to somehow fluke a win here.