European Under-21 Championships

igsey

First game today - Sweden vs England. Redmond and JWP starting, Stephens and Targett on the bench.

Jack has done very well after he was chucked in at the deep end this season, but the fact Chambers and Mawson are starting ahead of him, to me confirms exactly why we cannot go into next season with him as a 1st choice CB. Same can be said about Targett.

Jack has done very well after he was chucked in at the deep end this season, but the fact Chambers and Mawson are starting ahead of him, to me confirms exactly why we cannot go into next season with him as a 1st choice CB...

Or, perhaps, why we shouldn't appoint Adrian Boothroyd as manager...

I think Stephens and Rob Holding are unlucky not to be starting together

Holgate and Chilwell so wasteful. JWP delivery caused issues but rest final ball abysmal. Abrahams looks a handful but hardly seen Baker.

Redmond just comfortable but kicked every time he moves.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jack has done very well after he was chucked in at the deep end this season, but the fact Chambers and Mawson are starting ahead of him, to me confirms exactly why we cannot go into next season with him as a 1st choice CB. Same can be said about Targett.

Huh? The fact that Bothroyd chooses Chambers and Mawson over Stephens is only one man's opinion. It's not definitive. I would be selecting Stephens +1.

Dreadfully dull football. Too slow. Barely created a chance. Style of football hopelessly out of date. Didn't press forward at all whereas Sweden did and should have won. Wondered how we managed to perform so badly with a decent team; then realised the coach was Adrian Boothroyd. How do failures like him get national jobs like that.

Dreadfully dull football. Too slow. Barely created a chance. Style of football hopelessly out of date. Didn't press forward at all whereas Sweden did and should have won. Wondered how we managed to perform so badly with a decent team; then realised the coach was Adrian Boothroyd. How do failures like him get national jobs like that.

Because the FA is an old boys network, who do not have the courage or vision to put the coaching of our Under-21s. and the future of the England national team, into the hands of somebody like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_White_(football)

Southampton lad, one of the most highly-qualified coaches in the world, and who applied for the job.

Why not be daring and give somebody like Gary a chance?

Because the FA is an old boys network, who do not have the courage or vision to put the coaching of our Under-21s. and the future of the England national team, into the hands of somebody like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_White_(football)

Southampton lad, one of the most highly-qualified coaches in the world, and who applied for the job.

Why not be daring and give somebody like Gary a chance?

errmm why aren't saints surely this bloke would be a good shout for the under 23s coach?

errmm why aren't saints surely this bloke would be a good shout for the under 23s coach?

Err Bob Bradley?? Bloke has no UK or even first class pedigree. He's a third world coach by the look of it. We have our structure and I can see no point in running after this bloke just because he originates from Southampton.

Err Bob Bradley?? Bloke has no UK or even first class pedigree. He's a third world coach by the look of it. We have our structure and I can see no point in running after this bloke just because he originates from Southampton.

as opposed to the current 23s coach with his wealth of coaching experience that worked so well for our under 23s this season?

You tell me.

People below deride him as a third world coach but he has an impressive record.

If you accept the role of a youth team coach is to develop players rather than win trophies then his record is largely immaterial.

Fifa think enough of him to make him part of their elite coaching programme.

England haven't created a single chance in a game and a half.

The tactics are sideways, backwards, backwards, sideways passing until they can work to either full back, who will then ineptly shank a cross nowhere in particular.

Must say, Redmond has been one of the poorer performers.

England haven't created a single chance in a game and a half.

The tactics are sideways, backwards, backwards, sideways passing until they can work to either full back, who will then ineptly shank a cross nowhere in particular.

Must say, Redmond has been one of the poorer performers.

The saints boys bringing their brand of football to the international stage?

England one up.

12: England very astute with the ball in midfield. They've got full control of this match. Ward-Prowse pulling the strings.....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Future England captain in the making obviously.

Easily the best they've played so far.

Shame about Chalobah going off - he was bossing it. Will Hughes was a weird choice to replace him. Three midgets in the midfield now without a single tackle between them...

John Swift looks like he could do better than Reading.

Both JWP and Redmond look decent at this level. Can't really see why we're supposed to be interested in the Polish number 6, though.

Cheap?

Can't say he's stood out as being good or bad tonight - the whole Poland team have been ordinary. Keeper's made some saves, mind.

Grabbed his shirt, then his shorts, then clipped his heels - followed by a "what was wrong with that, ref?" plea.

Like watching a young Jose Fonte...

Like a young Jose Fonte who isn't being outpaced by everyone, but there's plenty of time yet for that