Steven Davis MBE

Pamplemousse

Why is it we deserved? What have I missed?

He led Northern Ireland to a major tournament. They tend to be **** at football. He played a significant role in them being good. MBEs are given for contribution to sport.

Why is it we deserved? What have I missed?

People who wear Saints blinkers will be unaware of his huge contribution to the progress that NI have made recently. Mind you on that basis Michael O'Neil should get a knighthood.

Ooo that's a bit good, congratulations Steven.

I think this is worthy of being made a sticky

Banner surely? That will. be true recognition of his invaluable scuffed tame shots. #AnyoneMentionedUnderrated

"Member of the Order of the British Empire" eurgh, imagine having that attached to your name. Nothing but shame and embarrassment. He's a good bloke, I'm sure he won't accept the "award".

He already has. It doesn't get this far if he was going to refuse it. He will have known for a few weeks.

"Member of the Order of the British Empire" eurgh, imagine having that attached to your name. Nothing but shame and embarrassment. He's a good bloke, I'm sure he won't accept the "award".

errr yeah

Northern Ireland captain Steven Davis has been awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.

The 32-year-old midfielder, who has earned 95 caps for his country, has been recognised for services to football.

He said he was “hugely proud” and “totally honoured” to receive an award from the Queen.

“It is just a huge honour for both myself and my family,” he insisted.

Actually, he will have been made a "member of the civil division of the *most excellent* order of the British Empire". And, yes he's a good bloke, who I imagine will have been rightly proud to accept it when he was asked a few weeks ago.

I echo all the positives on the thread thus far. It's recognition for services to his country's sporting achievements, and certainly deserved in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

it obvious what's happened here.

When the DUP went in to meet the robot May, their first demand was an award for our Steven.

They've got their priorities right. To hell with LGBT & womens rights, lets get Stevie a gong for Our Wee Country! lol