Mauricio Pellegrino signs as First Team Manager on a Three Year deal - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

You really are a true bell end - couple of times now you have tried to goad me, but I have a life. Read more carefully, and if you don't like it - surprise surprise, it's a FORUM, where people express their views (not just yours). Now then dearie, take a chill pill and get your afternoon rest.

Ahh little sweetie caved in and was goaded. TBH not even registered who you are. So many bland named hate the club moan moan moan sort of cnts.

Who we going to sell next eh? Suspect you may not to read or listen to anything like Balague and that experts give the club massive credit.

And as for having a life - I can only imagine what a joy it must be.

Well, Guillem Balague and Sid Lowe know a lot more about recent Spanish football than the rest of us, so I think what they have to say is pretty heartening for us, no?

I was particularly impressed with Lowe arguing that "Everyone got better under him", which I think is something we have missed since Pochettino. Even more so Lowe saying that as a player he was "not the best centre back, but the one the coaches valued most" with the ethos that if the team is better, you are better.

Puel could probably have improved a bit tactically if given more time, but the team went backwards under him (the gulf between us and Everton in points terms, and the glut of mediocre teams right behind us) and if we believe what we hear, the players weren't playing for him. (5 games with no goal at the season's end..). So parting ways looks like a risk but a calculated one. My only 'live' match last season was the 0-0 at home to Hull, which was not a team with a season's worth of building and cohesion behind it- more like a collection of decent parts assembled into good components that wouldn't work together.

Onwards and upwards.

It's was time to make a change

Just relax, take it easy

You're still old, that's your fault

There's so much you have to know

Support the coach, settle down

If you want you can renew your season ticket

Look at me, I am young, but I'm happy (because Puel has gone)

yes you are young of mind, there is no doubting that. Support the coach, how long is that for in your young world? A day, a week or a month?

I liked it when you took the moral high ground and said when we finished seventh that anyone accepting mid-table as being good for a club like Southampton had been "brainwashed" by Les Reed.

Later you were back on this forum, after we'd finished eighth telling people that mid-table was good for a club like Southampton. Laughable.

A season is a long time, the position of the club changed and whilst I was looking for us to progress, there were others who felt we were punching over our weight at that stage.It was reaching for the stars to finish in the top 4 apparently. The club decided that the fanbase was in the main happy with mid table and so they budgetted for that. I accepted, with the lack of quality 8th was a decent position considering all things. Had we backed the last manager with a decent goalscorer earlier we would have no doubt finished higher.

Perhaps we will be told once VVD goes that we dont need to get better quality replacement as we already had Jack Stephens and so why buy somebody. Afterall they said something similar with Austin after Pelle left.

At this moment in time I will be delighted with finishing 8th or 9th, not that I dont have ambition but I fear the club do not have the same ideals, IMO they sailed once the great man passed away

How about we sing this

Pellegrino instead of Jermain Defoe

The complicated ones with lots of nice lyrics in are cool but we have to consider what the Northam can actually do.

Lots of fast pace clapping as well, so it fits in nicely with the capabilities of the Northam.

It's was time to make a change

Just relax, take it easy

You're still old, that's your fault

There's so much you have to know

Support the coach, settle down

If you want you can renew your season ticket

Look at me, I am young, but I'm happy (because Puel has gone)

Aha, Cat Stevens or Yusuf Islam as he calls himself now (Cat Stevens wasn't his real name either) Father and Son from Tea for the Tillerman, right?

How about we sing this

Pellegrino instead of Jermain Defoe

The complicated ones with lots of nice lyrics in are cool but we have to consider what the Northam can actually do.

Lots of fast pace clapping as well, so it fits in nicely with the capabilities of the Northam.

def this

:lol:

As if, he will troll us about it all season

As will you but without the humour or football discussion.

Can't you give the incessant sniping at others a miss? I know this will reduce your post rate to once in a while but I'm sure that won't hurt.

Please accept this as the last ditch desperate plea that it is.

Please, please. I'm begging.

Hope we allow him to bring in his own team. To an extend Puel was hampered by that.

Interesting that when Koeman left, Alek Gross our head of sports science took on the fitness coach role from Jan Kluitenberg.

Be interesting to see if Gabriel Macaya is part of the new team or if Gross retains that role.

Assume Watson will stay again.

This is a great article:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jun/24/mauricio-pellegrino-complete-coach-southampton-manager?CMP=share_btn_tw

Hopefully then he'll be packing his bags, along with Black.

The appointment is, to use one of Claud Puel's favourite words, interesting. There is an impression of a lot more excitement over Pelligrino than there ever was over Claud, although to be fair, the mood last year was affected by the way Koeman walked away. Quite a difference though are the positive articles by journalists about Pelligrino. Claud had a low profile when he came and for many of us, it never got any higher. Feeling optimistic about the coming season, but then I always do.

The appointment is, to use one of Claud Puel's favourite words, interesting. There is an impression of a lot more excitement over Pelligrino than there ever was over Claud, although to be fair, the mood last year was affected by the way Koeman walked away. Quite a difference though are the positive articles by journalists about Pelligrino. Claud had a low profile when he came and for many of us, it never got any higher. Feeling optimistic about the coming season, but then I always do.

Didn't get high enough in his year at the club for Claude's name to get the "e" in it before he was sacked. ;)

Pellegrino is a lad , he's got a massive penis

If he gets us Champions League we'll give him The Malvinas.

That is so wrong, it will probably actually take off.

Will give Sky's crowd mikes an interesting time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That Guardian article makes me love Pellegrino already, haha. Especially as I've just finished reading Jonathan Wilson's book on Argentinian football (would highly recommend it) Hopefully he lives up to expectations!

Welcome to Southampton, Flaco.

I can't wait for the first games to begin.

I'm really sorry man. It must be a super frustrating part of your life to have to read something twice on an Internet forum. Next time I will waste hours of my life making sure that everything has been covered before I post something. Xxxxx

No kid, where I work football periodisation is discussed daily & we get a lot of young coaches who base their philosophies from it with out really understanding what it really is.

But apology accepted.

Will be pleased if we do start playing a more offensive game. Loved the "Southampton press" under Poch, would be happy with more of that exciting, energetic football.

Would probably suit J-Rod better too if he's up for staying!

The one thing which I think we can probably and then possibly all agree on to a certain extent is the fact that how often would you say Les Reed and the board have looked out and upon to a new list of potential mangers and then come up with what could be known as a first choice or would you have to make the case for a second choice too given that at one stage we were all and then of course absolutely NOT going to appoint a different, in all meanings of the word, manager with all the papers coming forward to argue that actually it isn't a bipartisan issue despite the fact the fans are reeling from a disastrous Puel era and of course players moving forwards, backwards and then sidewards too let's be absolutely fair.

Edited by niceandfriendly
clarity

The one thing which I think we can probably and then possibly all agree on to a certain extent is the fact that how often would you say Les Reed and the board have looked out and upon to a new list of potential mangers and then come up with what could be known as a first choice or would you have to make the case for a second choice too given that at one stage we were all and then of course absolutely NOT going to appoint a different, in all meanings of the word, manager with all the papers coming forward to argue that actually it isn't a bipartisan issue despite the fact the fans are reeling from a disastrous Puel era and of course players moving forwards, backwards and then sidewards too let's be absolutely fair.

I'd hate to have read this before you edited it for clarity! :lol:

I think I can probably agree that you think that. To a certain extent. Possibly.

Pellegrino is a lad , he's got a massive penis

If he gets us Champions League we'll give him The Malvinas.

Love it!!

Also, with us hopefully reverting to Poch's High Press tactics, looking forward to The Barry Gale stylee High Press Greeting when meeting fellow Saints Fans :D

Love it!!

Also, with us hopefully reverting to Poch's High Press tactics, looking forward to The Barry Gale stylee High Press Greeting when meeting fellow Saints Fans :D

You all do realise, that 255 British forces personnel, died to free the Falklands from Argentine oppression....just saying.

So what's the key here? Do I have to read every third word to understand the message?

No kid, where I work football periodisation is discussed daily & we get a lot of young coaches who base their philosophies from it with out really understanding what it really is.

But apology accepted.

In professional coaching circles, is this chap genuinely well thought of and held in high regard? Bit of a coup getting this back-room staff in?

.......ah, one for the connoisseur........the perfect 3:54 am post. Textbook. :)