Mauricio Pellegrino signs as First Team Manager on a Three Year deal - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

I looked back on the Pottychino thread a few years back and it was embarrassing as many never gave him a chance.

I will say this guy will take us into the top 6 come xmas time and we will finish in 7th with a cup final victory in the bag.

Our star player will be someone that he has brought into the club for a record total of 23m after add ons.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-06-23/announcement-mauricio-pellegrino-new-southampton-first-team-manager

Vice Chairman (Football) Les Reed said: “I am delighted that after a diligent selection process we have recruited Mauricio Pellegrino as our new First Team Manager.

“We had an impressive list of candidates and went through a comprehensive interview process. Mauricio impressed us throughout with his depth of knowledge, motivation and ability, communicating this in a professional and passionate way.

“He has an excellent understanding of the Southampton Way, and his style of play and aspiration matches the philosophy, culture and ambition of the club.

“We firmly believe Mauricio is the right person to help us take the next steps. He knows our players and believes we have a great squad that with some fine-tuning will be able to deliver continued success.

“Mauricio believes with the quality we have we can play exciting, attacking football, taking the game to our opponents by playing a high-intensity game. He will continue to develop and introduce young players whilst building on the core of experience that we have in the squad.

“During the recruitment process Mauricio quickly became our first choice and, while he had other options, we are delighted he feels that St Mary’s is the right place for him and we believe he is the right fit for us. We are looking forward to working with Mauricio to take the club forward and achieve more success with this team.”

Mauricio Pellegrino said: “I am really happy to become the new coach of Southampton Football Club. The club has a great reputation for having a strong and stable structure, competing in the Premier League and playing attractive football.

“I think my philosophy and the culture of the club will work well together. We have to be a team on and off the pitch; I want to make the supporters proud of the players and to feel part of the game every week. I want to win matches, be successful and develop a team spirit where everyone gives 100 per cent and supports each other.

“I am excited and passionate about what the future holds for us and look forward to meeting the players and beginning our preparation for the new season.”

I looked back on the Pottychino thread a few years back and it was embarrassing as many never gave him a chance.

I will say this guy will take us into the top 6 come xmas time and we will finish in 7th with a cup final victory in the bag.

Our star player will be someone that he has brought into the club for a record total of 23m after add ons.

Just as well thedelldays and Glasgow-saint are banned. ;)

I wasn't fair off then... Les talks absolute corporate sh1te :lol:

Director of Operations/Overlord Les Reed commented:

"We are delighted to welcome Xxxx to the club. It became apparent in our early discussions that Xxxx was the outstanding candidate amongst a very strong list of renowned coaches. Xxxx aligns perfectly with our strategic vision for the club and fits perfectly, complimenting the ever-growing and forward thinking staff we already have at the club.

We identified Xxxx early in the recruitment process as our top target and we are very happy that Xxxx has joined the club in what is sure to be one of our most exciting seasons in recent memory. I look forward to working closely with him during pre-season to enable us the best opportunity in terms of preparing for the forthcoming season ahead".

In other words, a complete load of sh1te. Expect something like that

I wasn't fair off then... Les talks absolute corporate sh1te :lol:

You missed all the stuff where they went out of their way to mention his enthusiasm and charisma and commitment to attacking play. As if it matters.

Welcome and good luck....I hope it is a long and fruitful tenure under Pellegrino.

Now the real tough work begins...the dismantling and rebuilding of a squad fit for purpose.....lets hope you get support from Reed and backing from the board...be it Chinese or otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw someone on here posting this previously, but....to the tune of Inspiral Carpets ' This is what it feels to be lonely'......???????????//

This is what it feels to be Pompey

This is what it feels to be poor....

You got Kenny Jacket...

But we go Pelligrinoooooooo....

I saw someone on here posting this previously, but....to the tune of Inspiral Carpets ' This is what it feels to be lonely'......???????????//

You got Kenny Jacket...

Stolen from the UI ;)

You got Kenny Jacket...

I can't even begin to start on how crap and just wrong this is. Ok, I can start... the song is called "This Is How It Feels".

Jackett. Who is a half-decent manager, despite his choice of current club.

PellEgrino...

And also the song was crap the last time we used it for Whittingham and Pochettino.

Ok I'm done.

I can't even begin to start on how crap and just wrong this is. Ok, I can start... the song is called "This Is How It Feels".

PellEgrino...

And also the song was crap the last time we used it for Whittingham and Pochettino.

Ok I'm done.

:-) that's fair enough: Guilty: 10 years of occasional browsing of this site and only 50-odd posts - really should know better - best slink off........

PellEgrino...

Ok I'm done.

Mr Gwumpy Wumpy Pants !

Welcome.

Feeling increasingly optimistic about this based on the stuff I've read recently.

Potentially a MoPo 2.0.... although of course we need to give him the chance to be his own man!

VERY keen to see the return of a high-intensity playing style.

You got Kenny Jacket...

Very good, but the prawn sandwich brigade wont like it - so passé...