Mauricio Pellegrino signs as First Team Manager on a Three Year deal - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

Totally disagree.

it starts right now as we need to either get rid of those that want out and bring in some that will suit our system.

Centre mid options are totally flawed with no cover for Romeu and JWP to be shoehorned in somewhere but not a natural fit.

Likely replacements for VVD and Fonte needed, possibly Bertrand too.

A bit of deadwood to shift: Gardos, Long, Clasie, Jay, Gazzaniga, possibly Austin.

Quite a bit to do in a short time.

For a really good insight to Pellegrino checkout @davidjaca Twitter. Spanish correspondent for Four Four Two.

He is mightily impressed with the appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that , looks promising , welcome aboard Manuel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the quotes, looks clear he had the option of Palace but chose Saints. Hence Palace making their appointment yesterday to make it appear they'd got their first choice.

Pretty sure we won this one. ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Now needs backing by club. Defender to replace Fonte we can't rely on just Romeu tackling in midfield .

Hopefully McCarthy will be fit next season to challenge Forster.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In fairness, saints have backed every manager

Welcome Mr Pellegrino. Blood Orange is my favourite this far if anyone is taking notes.

In a perfect world, we'd keep everyone and sign a centre back, defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder. We need more than that with the expected departures, so good luck to the new manager.

Is GB employed by Saints?

That piece has really made me positive about this appointment. He said similar things over the MoPo appointment.

He's not a stupid bloke and is normally spot on, which gives me a good feeling about the coming season.

You just know after 2 years he'll be off to manage Liverpool ... ;)

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague

Southampton have proven again that they've one of the most professional thorough forward thinking selection process of managers in the world

Yeah, yeah we've only got him because we're desperate and Garry Monk and Silva and every other available manager turned us down. Les Reed is clueless or something.

Very promising from someone who seems to know his stuff.

Bit disappointed that we didn't bring Tuchel in, and slight concern over Pellegrino's limited track record, so its wait and see for me. But listening to that interview bodes well.

Welcome MoPo II/Mr Pilgrim or whatever his name will be. Hope Reed & Co give you the tools to do the job and don't look to sell them from under your nose.

Another manager who is unemployed. What a coincidence that that every time we need a manager the one we appoint who we have been tracking for years and our top target all along is out of work. I wonder if the black box will start throwing up players from the Spanish league or Argentina now we've got one who has worked there, just like it started spitting out names from holland and French by coincidence when koeman and Puel were here.

Welcome Mauricio, I hope you do interesting interviews or fans will be on your back before we've played a game.

Another manager who is unemployed. What a coincidence that that every time we need a manager the one we appoint who we have been tracking for years and our top target all along is out of work. I wonder if the black box will start throwing up players from the Spanish league or Argentina now we've got one who has worked there, just like it started spitting out names from holland and French by coincidence when koeman and Puel were here.

Welcome Mauricio, I hope you do interesting interviews or fans will be on your back before we've played a game.

Pochettino and Koeman were unemployed and were superb... were they not?

Puel, wasn't great but wasn't a disaster either.

I'm lost as to your point? Are you trying to suggest they are being cheap? Saints are among the biggest wage bills in world football and Pellegrino will be among the highest earning managers in world football, it isn't being cheap. Going for a manager in a job is more complicated and in any case there are lots of good managers out of work.

Not sure why I'm bothering responding to you as you will likely as normal pick and choose which bits of my post you want to talk about and ignore the rest and likely find an opportunity to post your favourite children's character. :mcinnes:

Pochettino and Koeman were unemployed and were superb... were they not?

Puel, wasn't great but wasn't a disaster either.

I'm lost as to your point? Are you trying to suggest they are being cheap? Saints are among the biggest wage bills in world football and Pellegrino will be among the highest earning managers in world football, it isn't being cheap. Going for a manager in a job is more complicated and in any case there are lots of good managers out of work.

Not sure why I'm bothering responding to you as you will likely as normal pick and choose which bits of my post you want to talk about and ignore the rest and likely find an opportunity to post your favourite children's character. :mcinnes:

Matthew, think about it. We claim to track managers for years, we know exactly who we want to replace an outgoing manager. What an amazing coincidence the the last 3 managers we've tracked for years were all out of work right at the time we needed them. Funnily enough so was everyone else linked with the job, what a coincidence, every single manager we've been tracking for years were all unemployed when we interviewed them.

Matthew, think about it. We claim to track managers for years, we know exactly who we want to replace an outgoing manager. What an amazing coincidence the the last 3 managers we've tracked for years were all out of work right at the time we needed them. Funnily enough so was everyone else linked with the job, what a coincidence, every single manager we've been tracking for years were all unemployed when we interviewed them.

What has impressed me with the club, yet again, is how we have done all this business in private. Completely bowled over by the surprise announcement at half four today. Well done Saints.

It really isn't up for debate. Bouffal, Hojbjerg, Redmond, Pied, Gabi and others I can't remember I'm sure.

Buying a load of average players (Gabby aside) the manager didn't ask for (Pied aside) is not backing the manager... Compare that to Koeman who was allowed to bring in Clasie, Pelle, Mane, Tadic and Eljero Elia

Buying a load of average players (Gabby aside) the manager didn't ask for (Pied aside) is not backing the manager... Compare that to Koeman who was allowed to bring in Clasie, Pelle, Mane, Tadic and Eljero Elia

A lot of average young (in the main) players that I'm sure next season will perform better. It might as obvious as you first think but we are noted for improving players - why do you think we get pillaged so much by the bigger clubs? And for good or very good prices.

Apparently Puel was 'perfect' for us; so I'll wait and see. If he's as good as the kits it's CL here we come. I'll wait for the interview with him to judge how 'perfect' his English is and for the 8-0 wins over whoever the new Sunderland will be before I decide we keep Forster in goal. Where are all the links to all the analyses of how he tells players to kick the ball and run after it?