Mauricio Pellegrino signs as First Team Manager on a Three Year deal - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

Buying a load of average players (Gabby aside) the manager didn't ask for (Pied aside) is not backing the manager... Compare that to Koeman who was allowed to bring in Clasie, Pelle, Mane, Tadic and Eljero Elia

Ha! You are completely blinkered by your jaundiced view of the club

Another balls up De boer was there for the taking Palace must laughing their socks off another puell of ****e

What utter b0llocks.

You're obviously not capable of seeing beyond a name. My guess is Pellegrino chose us so Palace had to go for De Boer as second best, pretending he was first choice, to save face.

We've got the right man.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What has impressed me with the club, yet again, is how we have done all this business in private. Completely bowled over by the surprise announcement at half four today. Well done Saints.

So was I. If they'd have held out for another ninety minutes I'd have won the mini sweepstake.

Gutted.

I look forward to being provided with hopeful football again where we dare to win as our first option. I also expect some sexy tika taka at certain points

Yup. I look forward to him being forced to rotate the squad over Xmas and people on here going absolutely mental about it even though it's COMPLETELY INEVITABLE.

What has impressed me with the club, yet again, is how we have done all this business in private. Completely bowled over by the surprise announcement at half four today. Well done Saints.

No, no, no, no, we want minute-by-minute updates from the club about pulse rate, blood group and food choices of every potential candidate, along with all of their contract requirements and more importantly longitude and latitude, including live tracking, especially when they're asleep.

Apparently.

Welcome to the new manager!

He's grown on me, after I was initially underwhelmed by pretty much all the names out there this summer. It sounds like he might have the personality to engage the squad. He could be a good'un.

Based on what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I look forward to him being forced to rotate the squad over Xmas and people on here going absolutely mental about it even though it's COMPLETELY INEVITABLE.

Relax. As long as he can get us to 9th and a cup final, like he did in Spain, everyone will be happy.

Relax. As long as he can get us to 9th and a cup final, like he did in Spain, everyone will be happy.

As long as we lose all games 4-5 rather than a few 0-0 draws and 1-0 wins everyone will be happy. ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can't put my vague thoughts into words as to exactly why but I have a good feeling that if not by the end

of next season then certainly within 18 months a vast majority of fans will be demanding that his contract

is extended.

I haven't felt as confident as this for many years.

( Of course as most on here reckon I talk crap they will laugh at me and I might well be wrong yet again :lol: )

Except that achievement would have been akin to Adkins getting us to a final/9th in our first season back :thumbup:

Adkins may have done that for all we know. He wasn't given the chance to. We'll never know how that would have panned out.

Lol are you STILL moaning about this..the club agreed Puel was ****e and he has gone...get over it!

Except that achievement would have been akin to Adkins getting us to a final/9th in our first season back :thumbup:

I'm very positive about Mr Pellegrino however the 9th place in Spain I take with a slight dash of salt. I know their top 6 is widely regarded as superior to the PL but what comes below that is also widely regarded as inferior to the PL which has more strength in depth/money so difficult to compare acheivements.

I'm going with blindly optimistic. It seems to have been sorted relatively quickly and allows the fella to come in at the start of the next season as such and not half way through the closed season which is fantastic. It changes the team side politics completely. It will be interesting to see how that evolves. I'm sure some have already made their choices but the fun will be in watching how it shapes up.

Is there any news on who his assistants will be?

No. But I have done some digging.

His assistant at Alavés was another Argentine called Carlos Compagnucci, who has worked with Pellegrino at his previous three clubs, so I'd imagine he'd be one of them.

And there was another called Xavier Tamarit, who also worked with him at Estudiantes, Independiente and Alavés.

He also worked with a Fitness Coach called Gabriel Macaya Fernández he's been with Pellegrino at every club he has managed.

Edited by Pamplemousse

No. But I have done some digging.

His assistant at Alavés was another Argentine called Carlos Compagnucci, who has worked with Pellegrino at his previous three clubs, so I'd imagine he'd be one of them.

And there was another called Xavier Tamarit, who also worked with him at Estudiantes, Independiente and Alavés.

He also worked with a Fitness Coach called Gabriel Macaya Fernández he's been with Pellegrino at every club he has managed.

[emoji106]good digging!

No guarantees it'll end up working of course, there never are, but I can certainly see why the club went for him.

This could be a really good fit for the club, and I'm looking forward to seeing just what he can out of us.

Welcome MP!

He'll have a much easier time than Puel; no Europe, money will be spent on transfers instead of contract renewals this season; so the expectation really should be challenging 7th in the league. If one of the big clubs slips up then maybe 6th.

Seems a good appointment. I mean we were woeful and came 8th due to others being worse, so don't see why we can't do well next season. If it's 8th again on nearer 60 points with a few more scalps and a lot more goals then great. Some can't seem to get their head around things being more complicated than a league position, but maybe they weren't watching very often. If 7th/8th is our best hope for a few years then you need to do it while scoring some goals and playing half decent football. Not massively regressing while sending everyone to sleep.

Sounds like we'll be higher intensity at least, just hope his man management skills are more Pochettino than Puel.

Now give him some money to spend! Romeu partner, first team ready CB, attacking midfielder/winger.

Good luck with that one!

We will spend less than we get on transfers out on new players, maybe close but not more, despite TV, match day, sponsorship and other off field income IMHO. Owners prerogative I accept, but let's not kid ourselves that we will spend big to improve the squad. Already within the new manager announcement, the club (Les) states that with minor adjustment the squad is good enough to grow - really?

I truly welcome Pellegrino, but think he is already on a miracle mission - we will sell our best players yet again (poor guy is already lined up as scapegoat for VVD sell off - "Southampton will make a decision on VVD future after consultation with new manager etc. etc." ). Will then be expected to produce fab football with kids and lesser/average replacements. How on earth the new guy can succeed is beyond me, and if he does, he will be off to a bigger club.

cutoutthebs#

Good luck with that one!

We will spend less than we get on transfers out on new players, maybe close but not more, despite TV, match day, sponsorship and other off field income IMHO. Owners prerogative I accept, but let's not kid ourselves that we will spend big to improve the squad. Already within the new manager announcement, the club (Les) states that with minor adjustment the squad is good enough to grow - really?

I truly welcome Pellegrino, but think he is already on a miracle mission - we will sell our best players yet again (poor guy is already lined up as scapegoat for VVD sell off - "Southampton will make a decision on VVD future after consultation with new manager etc. etc." ). Will then be expected to produce fab football with kids and lesser/average replacements. How on earth the new guy can succeed is beyond me, and if he does, he will be off to a bigger club.

cutoutthebs#

Even on a good news day some can't see past their gloom. Give it up mate it's not making you happy,