Backroom staff, all those in favour..Hands up for Sammy Lee

patred44

The most important thing is surely that we allow the new manager to pick the team around him that he trusts and is happy will be able to help him get across to the players the way he wants them to play.

If that's Sammy Lee, then fine, but suspect it will be some of the guys he worked with at Alaves, which is fine by me. Judging by what some who have some inside knowledge have said on this thread, I would think it's unlikely he would choose Black, unless the club tell him he has to keep him which would not be the best way to go in my opinion.

The most important thing is surely that we allow the new manager to pick the team around him that he trusts and is happy will be able to help him get across to the players the way he wants them to play.

If that's Sammy Lee, then fine, but suspect it will be some of the guys he worked with at Alaves, which is fine by me. Judging by what some who have some inside knowledge have said on this thread, I would think it's unlikely he would choose Black, unless the club tell him he has to keep him which would not be the best way to go in my opinion.

A voice of reason! [emoji106]

Perhaps its just nostalgia?

You think Sammy and you think good times, finishing 6th and a genuine hope we could crack the top 6 hold. You think about winning games 8 nil and 6-1 and qualifying for europe. You also think about a unified fanbase and forum.

While think Black you think Puel, you think depression and defeats to Hull, WHU, Stoke, Palace, Swansea, Burnley and Sparta Prague. You think boredom lack of goals, horrendous Europa campaign and player and fan divides.

Sammy = good times, party times and a family (united) forum

Black = dark times, nightmares, horror and a divided forum/family

I still maintain,however poor Puel was deemed,Black had a huge say in the style of play,team selection and tactics prior and during matches.

However much he had...it was too much.

He needs to go.

Otherwise I'm not sure much will change,unless Pellegrino is really his own man...unlike Puel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can somebody please explain why Eric Black is the subject of a witch hunt on here ?

Apart from his association with Puel and a few rumours knocking around, is there actually any concrete evidence that he is unpopular or disruptive with the players ??

Can somebody please explain why Eric Black is the subject of a witch hunt on here ?

Apart from his association with Puel and a few rumours knocking around, is there actually any concrete evidence that he is unpopular or disruptive with the players ??

Because his history shows he wasn't very good. Tactically last year at home we were abysmal now perhaps Claude refused to listen.

I hoped we would clear out afresh but it's not what the club do so keeping him for some continuity which is why Watson etc are contracted to club not per management team.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adam Blackmore said yesterday that Black is very popular with the players.

Seems to me that the fans took against Black from pretty much his first day due to the Villa fans comments. TBF he was there at a time when they were in decline. Most seem to have decided he was only here to translate which is patently nonsense.

I guess he'll leither lstay or go depending on the new managers requirement.

Black definitely had a falling our with a couple of players, so it surprises me to see that he's staying. Maybe they've made up, or maybe they're planning on moving said players on?

Looks like Black's staying

Ffs..

I still maintain,however poor Puel was deemed,Black had a huge say in the style of play,team selection and tactics prior and during matches.

However much he had...it was too much.

He needs to go.

Otherwise I'm not sure much will change,unless Pellegrino is really his own man...unlike Puel.

Why does anyone on here think they have a clue on what Black does/doesn't do and whether he's any good or not?

Seems to me he's got a decent reputation as a coach.

Black definitely had a falling our with a couple of players, so it surprises me to see that he's staying. Maybe they've made up, or maybe they're planning on moving said players on?

If he had a definite falling out, who were they?

Long defiantly had words after coming on as a sub then being subbed.

Puel and Black are a package.

Puel out Black out....

We need a clean start, all remnants of Puels era need to be wiped clean ASAP

So we should get rid of Boufal, Pied and Hojberg?

Looks like Black's staying

This is what worries would have much prefered a clean slate with just pellegrinos own staff, can see Eric black interfering with everything & by all accounts he isn't even a good coach that can be trusted

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This is what worries would have much prefered a clean slate with just pellegrinos own staff, can see Eric black interfering with everything & by all accounts he isn't even a good coach that can be trusted

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

What "accounts"? Let's all see what you mean. Otherwise it would appear to be your usual ******.

So, 11 hours after I asked for evidence that he is unpopular or disruptive, nobody knows, but some have made their minds up nevertheless !

The Saints web way, I suppose :mcinnes:

So, 11 hours after I asked for evidence that he is unpopular or disruptive, nobody knows, but some have made their minds up nevertheless !

The Saints web way, I suppose :mcinnes:

Has anyone said he is unpopular and disruptive?

I think most want him gone as want a full fresh start and no remnants of the Puel era

I got the impression that the few on here that supported Puel no matter what, blamed Black for anything bad, to deflect from Claude.

I don't recognise that at all.

The Venn diagram of "People on this forum who hated Puel" and "People who hated Black" would be just a circle.

I don't recognise that at all.

The Venn diagram of "People on this forum who hated Puel" and "People who hated Black" would be just a circle.

Being pedantic but the latter would have loads of Villa fans[emoji3]

I know nothing about whether he was a good / bad coach or well liked / disruptive - and if you also sit in the I don't 100% trust Reed camp. Then another way to look at it is do you trust Kelvin Davis?

His role for the last year was acting in a development role giving support to 1st team players and a link between dressing room and staff.. so if there were issues then I would like to think Kelvin would know and given the impression on how much the club values him I would like to think he would have been asked and Les trusts him.. just a thought but still guessing!

My hypothesis; Black had a row with someone, just one person (no idea who, could be a player, or a member of backroom staff), that "someone" is the same someone who likes to blab to mates and then said mates spread rumours on mongwebs. In actual fact, he's probably quite pivotal and the players and club hierarchy actually like him.

As I said, my hypothesis.

Has anyone said he is unpopular and disruptive?

I think most want him gone as want a full fresh start and no remnants of the Puel era

So even if he is an excellent coach, he has to go because he has been tarnished by working with Puel ?

Seems to me that people want him out for no clear reason whatsoever !

Don't forget the very public touchline spat with Tadic at the end of the season which happened right in front of the Ichen Centre fans and the board, who looked far from impressed. Even Puel looked embarrassed over that incident. All is not well as far as Black is concerned and these new rumours/leaks of the "players liking him" could just be plants.

Don't forget the very public touchline spat with Tadic at the end of the season which happened right in front of the Ichen Centre fans and the board, who looked far from impressed. Even Puel looked embarrassed over that incident. All is not well as far as Black is concerned and these new rumours/leaks of the "players liking him" could just be plants.

To be fair, Tadic is a bit of a flower though at times.

Was that not against Utd, when he kept delivering corners over everyone's head, then started moaning at players/staff because no-one was there? Fairly sure Stephens was having a pop at Tadic as well about his delivery.

I don't know how you infer any of that from that incident.

Quite pleased to read that Eric Black is to remain. Sorry for those who have been complaining about him but they had no evidence on which to base their malice. It was always likely that Pellegrino would want his two coaches from Alaves and their reputation suggests we will have a good coaching team but Eric Black will contribute to that. It's a reduced role but continuity is a good reason to keep him. If it's true he is popular with the players that seems to be an achievement that Claud didn't manage.