Backroom staff, all those in favour..Hands up for Sammy Lee

patred44

What has Black done to upset so many on here?

He's just a total bellend. There's trouble wherever he goes.

Still, I don't think us fans get a say...Mind you, we seem to have put peer pressure on the board so they sacked Puel.

[h=2]Backroom staff, all those in favour..Hands up for Sammy Lee[/h]and BLACK OUT.

Can you provide some good evidence that Eric Black is bad for the club and Sammy Lee is better?

None of us know what either is like at their job.

I'm sure most of the players would welcome that

What evidence do you have to support that?

Sammy Lee and Nigel Adkins

If Black is still around he can do the cleaning

Wouldn't even want him doing that tbh.

I've always wanted Adkins back as academy manager, he'd be brilliant. Thing is, it would essentially be a demotion. If you were the store manager of a Tesco, did a great job, got sacked suddenly and harshly, you wouldn't want to go back as warehouse manager four years later.

He'd be a good choice for England U23s.

Can you provide some good evidence that Eric Black is bad for the club and Sammy Lee is better?

It's pretty common knowledge that Black is a douche and the players loved Sammy Lee when we had him.

Wouldn't even want him doing that tbh.

I've always wanted Adkins back as academy manager, he'd be brilliant. Thing is, it would essentially be a demotion. If you were the store manager of a Tesco, did a great job, got sacked suddenly and harshly, you wouldn't want to go back as warehouse manager four years later.

Youre probably right mate. I just wonder what his ambitions are now management wise?

Was out of work all last season and didn't appear to be applying for jobs.

England u23s is good shout

Just a fat scouse ***** who was at the club for five minutes. A total irrelevance and couldn't give a tinker's chuff whether he ever even entered the city boundary again, let alone rejoined the club. Irrelevant, move on.

We'll be on to the Dodd/Williams love-in, next, right?

Just a fat scouse ***** who was at the club for five minutes. A total irrelevance and couldn't give a tinker's chuff whether he ever even entered the city boundary again, let alone rejoined the club. Irrelevant, move on.

We'll be on to the Dodd/Williams love-in, next, right?

0.02/10

England u23s is good shout

No it isn't, England don't have an under 23 team.

The England under 21 team is in the semi final of the Euro 2017 and the under 20s won the World Cup, so I doubt the FA will be rushing to change the manager of either side any time soon.

It's pretty common knowledge that Black is a douche and the players loved Sammy Lee when we had him.

I asked for good evidence, vague hearsay on its own isn't good evidence.

I do.

I would anticipate Pellegrino's coaching staff will follow him as is usual in situations like this. The only thing that might stop that is if they haven't yet left Alaves and are offered jobs there - especially if one of them is appointed as the new coach of Alaves.

If we got only one of them I would anticipate it might well be Xavi Tamarit who was one of the authors of the book "Tactical Periodization" which is the inspiration behind the coaching methods of Jose Mourinho and others.

Nevertheless, employing his other assistant at Alaves, Carlos Campagnucci, brings with it the possibility of signing his son, Lucio Compagnucci, who has been an Argentine under 17 and under 20 international. Of course, that may or may not be of interest!

I would anticipate Pellegrino's coaching staff will follow him as is usual in situations like this. The only thing that might stop that is if they haven't yet left Alaves and are offered jobs there - especially if one of them is appointed as the new coach of Alaves.

If we got only one of them I would anticipate it might well be Xavi Tamarit who was one of the authors of the book "Tactical Periodization" which is the inspiration behind the coaching methods of Jose Mourinho and others.

Nevertheless, employing his other assistant at Alaves, Carlos Campagnucci, brings with it the possibility of signing his son, Lucio Compagnucci, who has been an Argentine under 17 and under 20 international. Of course, that may or may not be of interest!

FFS

FFS

OK... slight correction... Xavi Tamarit is the author of a book about "Tactical Periodization" which is the name given to the coaching methods used by Jose Mourinho and others. He didn't co-author the original training manual. Apologies for any misunderstanding!

Tamarit's book is called "What is Tactical Periodization?" Nevertheless, the following article describes him as a "keen proponent" of this approach: https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/lowdown-on-new-southampton-coach-mauricio-pellegrino

Monk - has that dealt with whatever caused your unexplained outburst?

Or because he was part of the coaching team that gave us our highest league finish in 30+ years?

Didn't Les put a brilliant coaching team together? Superb. And so brave to overlook Sammy Lee's utter clusterfu ck of a managerial career when he turned eighth place Bolton into relegation certainties in a matter of weeks winning once in eleven disastrous games. Typical Les to look beyond that, and my how it paid off.

OK... slight correction... Xavi Tamarit is the author of a book about "Tactical Periodization" which is the name given to the coaching methods used by Jose Mourinho and others. He didn't co-author the original training manual. Apologies for any misunderstanding!

Tamarit's book is called "What is Tactical Periodization?" Nevertheless, the following article describes him as a "keen proponent" of this approach: https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/lowdown-on-new-southampton-coach-mauricio-pellegrino

Monk - has that dealt with whatever caused your unexplained outburst?

Its 'tongue in cheek' see the 'Pelligrino appointed thread' to explain why.

Other than his exuberant celebrations, I just wondered why Sammy Lee is so highly regarded on here whilst Eric Black is pillored on here at every opportunity? Exactly how many people know how good either is as it appears, on this board, there's a lot of people on here who apparently know that Lee is amazing and Black is crap. Allegedly.

Other than his exuberant celebrations, I just wondered why Sammy Lee is so highly regarded on here whilst Eric Black is pillored on here at every opportunity? Exactly how many people know how good either is as it appears, on this board, there's a lot of people on here who apparently know that Lee is amazing and Black is crap. Allegedly.

Sammy Lee, coach at Bolton, Liverpool for a very long period including being kept on by 3 different managers and Benitez brought him back as well and also been appointed as an England coach TWICE. Generally seems well liked and respected by a lot of people and players, experience at international and champions league level.

Black with coaching credentials at such clubs as Motherwell, Coventry, Sunderland, Blackburn, Blackpool, Rotherham and Villa. Named in curroption scandal, supposedly disliked by players here and around during some pretty poor times for those clubs (like Villa)

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Sammy Lee, coach at Bolton, Liverpool for a very long period including being kept on by 3 different managers and Benitez brought him back as well and also been appointed as an England coach TWICE. Generally seems well liked and respected by a lot of people and players, experience at international and champions league level.

Black with coaching credentials at such clubs as Motherwell, Coventry, Sunderland, Blackburn, Blackpool, Rotherham and Villa. Named in curroption scandal, supposedly disliked by players here and around during some pretty poor times for those clubs (like Villa)

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Heaven forbid anyone is named in a corruption scandal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/07/england-sammy-lee-bolton-transfer-deal-appeal-court

I think just as Claude came across as one dimensional and uninspiring in his press conferences, Black alongside him (obviously came along with a negative cv) looked like a miserable sour bugger in every single photo of him. By the same token he never came over as an inspiring character in any TV interviews, at the same time I can't recall him ever coming to the line with instruction or direction during games. With the Koemans both Ronald and Erwin always seemed positive with a smile never far away, both coming to the touch line along with Dave Watson (another non smiler) with sensible input, but when an instruction needed extra impetuous they would send out Sammy Lee with his potty mouth and a bit of passion. Pochettino masked everything with his "lack of English" but Toni Jimenez could get the message across as his English was excellent, but most of MoPo's work had been done on the training ground. Nigel Adkins was a ball of likeable positive energy, but his right hand man Andy Crosby always came across as Nigel's enforcer, if he was chipping in then what Adkins just said he meant. Everyone up to Puel had positive energy in his team, Blacks only qualities was that he knew football, but primarily could speak French.

I jokingly mentioned Dennis Rofe, he was a bit like Sammy Lee on the touch line, good with the bibs and cones but a positive presence witha bit of passion. Minus 20°C he still sat on the bench in shorts and tee shirt, memorably squared up to Souness in one game (which most folks wouldn't dare do). One thing that I remember from the relegation season when Redknapp was in charge was after the warm up players would be sat on the pitch, then Rofe and Kevin Bond (?) would take turns giving the players a little pep talk, pre the famous Norwich game Rofe was stood there punching his fist into his hand in a positive manner, before the fateful Man U game Bond was on duty, by comparison his pep talk was like a damp rag.

Sammy Lee might not have the attributes to be a manager, but he has a positive aura, where Eric Black is concerned I don't think any of us has seen anything of his aura, just his ability to speak French. Which is why folks are calling for the return of Sammy: they want to see some passion not only on the field but on the bench.

Always find it strange the attention Sammy Lee gets from our fans and that Eric Black is the route of all the problems at the club? Based on what? Find the hate towards Eric Black a bit weird if I'm honest.

I know. I thing about him, yet would be really happy if he wasn't here any longer. Please explain this to me. Someone....

Always find it strange the attention Sammy Lee gets from our fans and that Eric Black is the route of all the problems at the club? Based on what? Find the hate towards Eric Black a bit weird if I'm honest.

Me too, at least he wasn't found to be lying to a court of law. Sammy Lee maybe a nice bloke but he veers to the Harry Redknapp camp when it comes to being squeaky clean over transfer fees.

Whilst I don't know first hand and I can only base my opinion on things I've been told. From that I'd say Sammy Lee is much, much better for the club than Black.

I expect Black (and Plancque) will go and that Pellegrino will bring in his own coaching staff, with Watson and the fitness lad to stay.

Xavi Tamarit is an interesting one. Didn't he write a coaching book or something, Monk? ;) :lol:

It's hard to imagine Pellegrino being asked to work with Claud's coaches and not just because their ability to speak French isn't of much value any more. New manager, new ideas, needs fresh minds to put those over. If MP is able to bring in the two assistant coaches from Alaves (Carlos Campagnucci and Xavi Tamarit) that would quickly sweep away the old ideas but it might depend on their ability to speak English.

Despite the discussion about whether Black is a good coach it's almost immaterial because assistants to managers tend to lose their jobs when the manager goes, regardless of their own performance. Unfortunately for Black and Plancque, because Puel was sacked they don't have the opportunity of moving with him to a new club as a coaching team in the way that Pochettino and Koeman took their assistants with them.

And? Do you actually have a point? No thought not.

That was one tiny section of what I said, there is still the huge difference in CVs, learn to form an actual argument.

Sammy Lee has worked with some of the best payers around, been part of successful set ups and obviously impressed enough to get to stay at Liverpool despite multiple manager changes and get into the England set up on two occasions.

Whereas Black has bounced around a load of crap clubs barely keeping his job and has been around those clubs when they've had terrible results.

So it's a bit stupid for people to be asking questions why people might prefer Sammy Lee to Eric Black, when it's so obvious that Lee is clearly a better coach.

And? Do you actually have a point? No thought not.

That was one tiny section of what I said, there is still the huge difference in CVs, learn to form an actual argument.

Sammy Lee has worked with some of the best payers around, been part of successful set ups and obviously impressed enough to get to stay at Liverpool despite multiple manager changes and get into the England set up on two occasions.

Whereas Black has bounced around a load of crap clubs barely keeping his job and has been around those clubs when they've had terrible results.

So it's a bit stupid for people to be asking questions why people might prefer Sammy Lee to Eric Black, when it's so obvious that Lee is clearly a better coach.

So you only have a moral objection to corruption if it happens to a coach you don't like. If it happens to one you already like it's just a case of "and?" and it not being a point.

Clear.

Sammy is much better on cones. I think.