Huddersfield away - engineering works

If you're planning to travel to what will be our first away game of the season, now that the Wet Spam game has moved to March, be aware that there are no trains out of Euston on the 26th and 27th August, due to prep work for the massive waste of money that is HS2.

If coming direct from So'ton, you should be OK, as long as you catch a train via Birmingham, but anyone coming from London will be routed out of Kings Cross via a change at Leeds/Wakefield. It won't add a huge time to your journey, but the trains will be busier as everyone else has to avoid Euston trains too.

more details here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/164501.aspx

Of course, us Northern Saints will have a nice short trip on a Bank Holiday weekend to a town with loads of quality real ale boozers, starting with the two on the station itself.:D:D

If you're planning to travel to what will be our first away game of the season, now that the Wet Spam game has moved to March, be aware that there are no trains out of Euston on the 26th and 27th August, due to prep work for the massive waste of money that is HS2.

If coming direct from So'ton, you should be OK, as long as you catch a train via Birmingham, but anyone coming from London will be routed out of Kings Cross via a change at Leeds/Wakefield. It won't add a huge time to your journey, but the trains will be busier as everyone else has to avoid Euston trains too.

more details here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/164501.aspx

Of course, us Northern Saints will have a nice short trip on a Bank Holiday weekend to a town with loads of quality real ale boozers, starting with the two on the station itself.:D:D

I didn't realise it was only 30mins from Piccadilly and only 90mins in total from Stafford. Actually quicker than driving!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anybody is going to Kings X via Waterloo for the game , good luck. SW trains saying 75% of their service won't run that day, and their advise is don't travel . My local ticket office said that every train will stop at every station on the way. Meaning 3.5 hours from Poole. Waterloo has been a complete shambles the past 2 weeks, whilst they've closed 10 platforms & 14 are closed that weekend. Far far better to go via Reading into Paddington, but the trains must be packed. I've just booked 4 seats & they're all separate, couldn't get them anywhere near each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk