The Pre Season 2017 Thread

Wimborne_saint

didn't he go to Gillingham already, end of contract stuff ?

Apparently not though. Thought we had a thread about it a few days back.

That thread was from 2013: https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?46743-Gazzaninga-to-Gillingham#.WWfUlYgrLIU and had been bumped recently with a link to ClubCall claiming we're touting him to Nantes (who are currently managed by Ranieri).

I know it's only a pre-season friendly, but is there going to be a separate thread on today's game?

Is there any chance there is going to be a feed on yo.utube or something.?

And.

Is anyone going? Must be a Saints fan who lives nearby who is going to bimble over and watch.

I know it's only a pre-season friendly, but is there going to be a separate thread on today's game?

And.

Is anyone going? �� Must be a Saints fan who lives nearby who is going to bimble over and watch.

Saints have said they don't expect there to be the right facilities at the ground for them to be able to stream the game, so looks like we'll be relying on twitter updates.

And.

Is anyone going? Must be a Saints fan who lives nearby who is going to bimble over and watch.

Think about 50 or so have travelled out, good going considering the short notice.

Big turnout for Brentford away on Saturday, we've sold out just over 1500 tickets, must admit that surprised me, it was pay on the day last time we played them in a friendly.

Should imagine it won't be a problem getting in the home end on the day for anyone else still looking to go.

Still no Cedric. Anyone know when he is likely to be back? Seems to be cutting it a bit fine - returning after France only gives him two weeks to get ready for the season

Still on holiday, no idea when due back. I imagine testing this week at some point to join back up on Monday?

Presuming he is going as a midfielder' date=' I am genuinely surprised to see Will Wood in there ahead of Calum Slattery.[/quote']

Agreed. Wasn't impressed by Wood v Brentford but he is a big lad so has got the physique to play DM but looked a bit off the pace.

Still no Cedric. Anyone know when he is likely to be back? Seems to be cutting it a bit fine - returning after France only gives him two weeks to get ready for the season

Relief - I was worried he might be "training on his own" - ie OFF ASAP!

As long as we get Bertrand and Cedric back out there by August 12th then I'm ok. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that Cedric/Stephens/Yoshida/Bertrand, with backups of Targett, Gallagher, and the Polish guy, is good enough to go to work with.

As long as we get Bertrand and Cedric back out there by August 12th then I'm ok. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking that Cedric/Stephens/Yoshida/Bertrand, with backups of Targett, Gallagher, and the Polish guy, is good enough to go to work with.

I know it's a weak area for us, but I would say you are very much in the minority if you want to play Gallagher in defense :scared:

Seems that Redmond has disappeared too after taking part in the initial warm ups, hopefully just doing fitness tests alone.

Although JWP carried on. Would have expected them to be on the same training timetable/regime if both at same fitness level given they've returned to the squad at the same time.

Seems that Redmond has disappeared too after taking part in the initial warm ups, hopefully just doing fitness tests alone.

Who cares really, they need to be ready for the glorious 12th and not much else. They're probably already in good condition having played in a major international tournament not so long back.

Update: Met the team at the hotel in Evian (i work across the lake in Lausanne), got to meet the team, had a chat with Shane Long and a couple others and got some photos to prove it! No one else was around and you could just walk into their room where the guys were playing table tennis and FIFA. The lads were super friendly and relaxed. All in all a great night !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: Met the team at the hotel in Evian (i work across the lake in Lausanne), got to meet the team, had a chat with Shane Long and a couple others and got some photos to prove it! No one else was around and you could just walk into their room where the guys were playing table tennis and FIFA. The lads were super friendly and relaxed. All in all a great night !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the insight Eddie. Any chit-chat about the VvD situation or was that off limits?

Didn't ask. Everything was quite relaxed, chatted to Clasie/Bertrand/Austin and Redmond while they were playing board games, but just about the local area and what to do.

Had a chat to Shane, JWP and McQueen about the training and how it was going. Saw Pellegrino (he's very tall, you don't realise) but he was getting dinner so just walked past and said hi.

But the guys were just in flip flops and it was 9PM, didn't feel the time to ask about VVD as I'm sure they get it all the time!

Does anyone know how our pre-season schedule stacks up against the rest of the PL? It seems to me that we aren't playing as many games as others and that our games are very spaced out. Maybe its just an impression I've got from watching Sky Sports News!

Didn't ask. Everything was quite relaxed, chatted to Clasie/Bertrand/Austin and Redmond while they were playing board games, but just about the local area and what to do.

Had a chat to Shane, JWP and McQueen about the training and how it was going. Saw Pellegrino (he's very tall, you don't realise) but he was getting dinner so just walked past and said hi.

But the guys were just in flip flops and it was 9PM, didn't feel the time to ask about VVD as I'm sure they get it all the time!

Thanks for the snippets! This bit caught my attention, maybe I have more in common with footballers nowadays than I thought :) Having said that, I imagine we're talking Monopoly and Game of Life rather than Chess and Settlers of Catan...

Haha. In all honesty it was strange to see them just hanging around like any other person you might bump into while travelling, having a chat about fishing or the weather.

They're a nice bunch of normal lads, you forget that when you just see their names on the transfer rumours page of BBC News.

Haha. In all honesty it was strange to see them just hanging around like any other person you might bump into while travelling, having a chat about fishing or the weather.

They're a nice bunch of normal lads, you forget that when you just see their names on the transfer rumours page of BBC News.

I also forget that even players like Charlie Austin are still fairly young. I'm now in my early 30s but still don't feel like a proper adult, and most of the squad are now at least a few years younger than me!