The Pre Season 2017 Thread

Wimborne_saint

Quite a few under23s but no Jake Hesketh or Josh Sims? Are they injured, or have I missed something?

I think Sims missed one of the England age group's tournament this summer with injury. Maybe he's still not right - it'd be weird for him to not make this squad otherwise, when u18 wingers Tella and Johnson have.

Hesketh - who knows? He seems to have been mysteriously broken since being dragged off after 25 minutes in that Europa game.

Or perhaps they're both finalising loans.

Any news on backroom staff yet?

No. #quietsummer has been the policy for the club's summer communications.

No word on Pellegrino's team, ****-poor info on our pre season schedule.

Bizarrely long time before announcing Puel had gone.

No wonder ST sales are dire, they haven't exactly given anyone much to get excited by.

No. #quietsummer has been the policy for the club's summer communications.

No word on Pellegrino's team, ****-poor info on our pre season schedule.

Bizarrely long time before announcing Puel had gone.

No wonder ST sales are dire, they haven't exactly given anyone much to get excited by.

Their minimal communication policy this summer does seem out of character compared to previous seasons. All a bit odd.

The game will be played at the Stade Muncipal de Chambéry and saints will be based in Evian for the training camp. https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-07-10/saint-etienne-southampton-pre-season-friendly-announcement

Very beautiful on Lake Geneva, they can hop on the boat over to Montreux and get a panoramic train up into the mountains, or they can train hard and try to win some football matches.

I'm in Lausanne across the lake. Will go over the week of the 24th when the team is in Evian to try and find them after work, like any nutcase fan would do.

Apparently germany during the euros had a training camp at Hotel Ermitage in Evian, 1km away from the Evian ground (where they'll likely be training).

I'll start my search there with a mate and let you know if I find any of the lads!

The game will be played at the Stade Muncipal de Chambéry and saints will be based in Evian for the training camp. https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-07-10/saint-etienne-southampton-pre-season-friendly-announcement

Game starts at 18.30 local according to the ASSE. Says 5 BST on Saints site, so seems to have been put back half an hour then.

Who is left to return to the squad? Another 5 was mentioned. No Josh Sims on the Austria trip...

Stephens, Ward-Prowse, Targett, Cedric and Bednarek I think

Sims was injured which is why he couldn't go to the U20s World Cup, I assume he is still recovering from that.

Have I missed something? Did Pellegrino bring his coaching team with him or not?

In this Echo Article, it mentions he's about to announce his backroom staff "soon"

I'd imagine that whoever it is, is already on the trip, they're just not being photographed.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/15401671.Van_Dijk_at_the_heart_of_Pellegrino_s_plans/?ref=mrb&lp=2

b1ef4ad889a5a807cc1d679c7e28f67c.jpg

With other clubs going to the States and Australia, I wonder what the players thought when they walked out of their hotel this morning looking out on that weather.

Any of the ITK heard what the players first impression of Pellegrini is?

With other clubs going to the States and Australia, I wonder what the players thought when they walked out of their hotel this morning looking out on that weather.

Not sure there's many left...

Judging by various player's FB and Titter pics, some will have had enough of sunshine and beaches.

Let's get back to business in a place with few distractions. Ideal.

Only just realised Gazza didn't make the trip.

Unless he's injured, Lewis & Taylor are now above him in the pecking order, so methinks a move beckons for him.

didn't he go to Gillingham already, end of contract stuff ?

Apparently not though. Thought we had a thread about it a few days back.

Edited by Window Cleaner

OK, I've been through this list, and these are the teams that it could be...

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/laliga/pretemporada-2017-2018-todos-los-equipos-primera-laliga-6143850

Real Madrid (have a date free between 2nd August in Chicago and 8th August in Macedonia but unlikely, unless it's a reserve team)

Real Sociedad (have nothing after 2nd August)

Athletic Bilbao (play in Dublin on the 8th August, so they could squeeze in a game possibly)

Las Palmas (nothing between 29th July and 11th August)

Málaga (nothing between 23rd July and 11th August)

Betis (nothing after 26th July)

Girona (Playing in England 25th and 27th July, would they stick around for over a week?)

If I was to guess, Real Sociedad seems the most likely.

H1adOK_c?format=jpg&name=orig

Imagine if Puel was in charge of St Etienne :lol:

Also according to twitter, the police believe moving a game forward by 30 minutes will aid security concerns :lol:

Perfectly possible if the only train back to the hotels people are staying in leaves before the original final whistle...