The Pre Season 2017 Thread

Wimborne_saint

Didn't ask. Everything was quite relaxed, chatted to Clasie/Bertrand/Austin and Redmond while they were playing board games, but just about the local area and what to do.

Had a chat to Shane, JWP and McQueen about the training and how it was going. Saw Pellegrino (he's very tall, you don't realise) but he was getting dinner so just walked past and said hi.

But the guys were just in flip flops and it was 9PM, didn't feel the time to ask about VVD as I'm sure they get it all the time!

Cheers Eddie :thumbup:

I also forget that even players like Charlie Austin are still fairly young. I'm now in my early 30s but still don't feel like a proper adult, and most of the squad are now at least a few years younger than me!

Don't worry. I qualify for a senior railcard and cheap away tickets at Huddersfield and I don't either.. I do have memories of players being older than me, but now they're a bit like police officers or doctors; worryingly young!

haha. too far for me!

Interestingly Manchester City are also training in Evian at another hotel this week!

Strange that two big premier league teams are training in what is a very small city.

Must be something in the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also forget that even players like Charlie Austin are still fairly young. I'm now in my early 30s but still don't feel like a proper adult, and most of the squad are now at least a few years younger than me!

That feeling doesn't go away. I'm in my early 60s and a grandfather but I still don't feel like a proper adult. Hopefully this will continue for a further 20 plus years.

haha. too far for me!

Interestingly Manchester City are also training in Evian at another hotel this week!

Strange that two big premier league teams are training in what is a very small city.

Training in Evian one day, beating Real in L.A the next, my, some do like to complicate things

Training in Evian one day, beating Real in L.A the next, my, some do like to complicate things

I also saw that.

Must have been another team then, the receptionist clearly doesn't know her way round English football.

See our juniors just knocked Man Utd out. Frank Lovett clearly a future superstar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40736259

What isn't clear from the BBC report is that while its true we stopped Man Utd qualifying for the top part of the competition, they still finished 7 places above Saints in the overall qualifying standings, as we also lost to Cherry Orchard (Dublin) and drew with County Antrim. Next up Middlesbro in the Bowl semi-final, was played yesterday but can't see the result anywhere.

What isn't clear from the BBC report is that while its true we stopped Man Utd qualifying for the top part of the competition, they still finished 7 places above Saints in the overall qualifying standings, as we also lost to Cherry Orchard (Dublin) and drew with County Antrim. Next up Middlesbro in the Bowl semi-final, was played yesterday but can't see the result anywhere.

Doh, today's Thursday. :mcinnes:

Isn't it today at Noon ?

Sounds very much as if Cedric will be ready for the first match Saturday week, fitness wise at least.
Unlikely IMO given how much focus they put on the sports science side of things. He would only have 2 weeks of training versus about 5 weeks for Pied.