Bompey 2 Saints 0

alpine_saint

There's already other threads for other premier teams and our transfers or are you that desperate for attention? This thread is adding absolutely nothing to the conversation. (Rhetorical question by the way we all know you are that desperate for attention).

I dont give a shiny one what the other teams are doing.

I do give a shiny that we are doing sod all - yet again.

We scraped top dog status on the South Coast by a GD 5 better than them last season. I am wondering if we have now abdicated that title.

Defoe overpriced and heading towards over the hill, but Begovic is a very good keeper (much more accomplished and reliable than Forster) and Ake is one hell of a prospect - so fair play to the little Cherries for having a good go. The plus is that with Ake going there seemingly without a counter-bid, VVD may well be staying, but the plan will be to partner him with Stephens / Yoshida - could work as long as we don't get a £70m bid in the last week of the window. Tick tock...

Window isn't even officially open, we have just installed a new manager and there's still plenty of time left before the start of the window. If we have to wait a bit longer to get players in at a more reasonable price than the ridiculous amounts going around at the moment I have no problem with that. If in 3 weeks time everything is still as quiet as it is now then you may have a point (though you could make it better than some dummy spitting post and thread title). Until then try having some patience and a little bit of faith in your team FFS. I'd say we've done pretty well thus far since our return to the top tier and a bit of leeway is deserved.

As for Bournemouth i'll admit their signings look good on paper at least but we won't really know their impact until the season starts proper. Personally I think King will struggle to do as well as last year anyway which by itself would probably be enough to keep them below us.