Jack Stephens Signs New 5 Year Deal

St Chalet

This is great news and caps a what has been basically a remarkable 6 months for him.

Looking forward to seeing how he develops this season.

(I must give Claude a mention in this though - Yeah we played some boring stuff, but he really did improve some players, and not many coaches would have played and stuck with Stephens when they had Caceres available).

This is great news and caps a what has been basically a remarkable 6 months for him.

Looking forward to seeing how he develops this season.

(I must give Claude a mention in this though - Yeah we played some boring stuff, but he really did improve some players, and not many coaches would have played and stuck with Stephens when they had Caceres available).

Yes, quite right. Claude P. had to go, but one of his positive legacies is the development of Jack Stephens - really not inferior at all to a player like Stones.

What I liked was tha he learnt so quickly, and that he appeared to really enjoy the cut and thrust of it all - not just physically, but his whole attitude. Strong character.

He gave Diego Costa as good as he got which is always nice to see, shows character and that he wont be bullied. Really did grow in stature as he settled into the side.

What I liked was tha he learnt so quickly, and that he appeared to really enjoy the cut and thrust of it all - not just physically, but his whole attitude. Strong character.

I work with a lad who has played football with jack at youth levels and he tells me jack is very grounded and had a good family around him so as you say, his attitude will be spot on.

He gave Diego Costa as good as he got which is always nice to see, shows character and that he wont be bullied. Really did grow in stature as he settled into the side.

Add it that Ibrahimovic thought he could wind him up in the EFL cup final, Jacks body language was almost "you want to play: let's play". Ibrahimovic's reaction was "oh ok - I am not getting any change out of this one".

Good news on his signing.

He stepped up to the plate and took his opportunity when it came. So calm in defence and a credit to him not wanting to leave for big money as others have done in the past.

He wouldn't want to leave this summer when he is getting the best experience playing in the prem with us.

Good for both parties. Liked his debut at Everton, wasn't fazed by playing right back and looked composed. Need to get the right partner for him now - Yoshida is a good 3rd choice but either keep VVD or new firs choice - will keep Jack's development going.

I don't remember Jack being better than Maya so not sure why peeps are putting Maya as 3rd choice all of a sudden or maybe I should be surprised he hasn't been relegated to 4th as we've bought Jan.

The post about Jack not buggering off after six months. Have we had any offers from the top six for him? Do you think he will want to stay if offered?