Fantasy £40 million to spend

ally_uk

Firstly, I'd go to the boardroom tab to switch the transfer/salary budget balance so that it goes up to £50m. Then I'd invest it all in some unknown Brazilians with 5 star potential ratings that my 80 year old scout from Sweden found...

If this were FM, I always sign more players than I need because I'm a poor manager (Straight out of the Harry Redknapp school of "Don't give a sod about the finances.") So I'd keep everyone currently at the club and sign:

Szczesny to add competition to Forster

Martins Indi to strengthen centre back

Kirchoff on a free for his defensive versatility

Cyprien for defensive midfielder (although he's out injured until later in the year, he'd be an asset long term)

Camacho from Malaga for midfield

Karamoh for attacking options

Iheanacho for up top.

Get it done Saints. Win the league. :lol:

Not sure who I'd buy but I'd be sure to make sure the fans knew exactly who we were tracking and tweet minute-by-minute updates on the negotiations. Taking on board fan suggestions and bringing in top top quality for next to nothing. Start dusting that trophy cabinet.

....................Pacheco......................

Cédric....Söyüncü....Van Dijk....Bertrand

......Höjbjerg....Romeu....Rongier...........

.....Promes....Gabbiadini....Boufal..........

................McCarthy+Lewis..................

..Pied....Stephens....Bednarek....McQueen

Ward-Prowse....Jones....Davis................

..........Sims....Gallagher....Redmond........

Pacheco - Alavés

Söyüncü - Freiburg

Rongier - Nantes

Promes - Spartak Moscow

Sell or loan everyone not mentioned.

William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon (hopefully Cedric's been tapping him up at the Confederations Cup)

Too similar to Romeu, we need a Schneiderlin. Or in Sporting terms, we need an Adrien Silva (but younger, Adrien is already 28) not William Carvalho.

Too similar to Romeu, we need a Schneiderlin. Or in Sporting terms, we need an Adrien Silva (but younger, Adrien is already 28) not William Carvalho.

Hasn't Silva been linked with Tottenham? Whenever I've seen him play for Portugal - which admittedly, isn't a lot - he's looked pretty poor and I've never seen anything to match the hype.

If the £40m was a one off present, where value for money and resale was not a consideration, I'd probably splurge it on Sigurdsson. He fits the mould of player we really need. How much would Matt Phillips set us back? Weren't we linked with him a while ago? May have been a missed opportunity.

If Saints annouce they've spent £40m on Sigurdsson, I'd be in two minds about it in terms of whether it's the best use of resources!

Fully agreed on Siggy- would be an amazing signing.

Like VVD with us however, they have no interest in selling him, and it would have to be an offer of £50M or above to get him in this crazy market.... I can see Everton spending that sort of money for him mind.

I will Play :)

Maxwell Cornet - young forward lot of potential one for the future

sigurdsson - for creativity we seem to lack

Ruben Loftus Cheek or Zouma - both are young and can play either CB or Def Mid next to Romeu.