TV games announced (up to end of Sept)

angelman

Interesting.....

On 6 times - Arsenal

On 5 times - Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Spurs, Newcastle

On 4 times - Brighton,

On 3 times - Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Wet Spam, Swansea, Stoke, Huddersfield,

On twice - Bournemouth, WBA, Burnley, Palace.

On once - Watford, SAINTS

Our televised game is an enticing 1230 KO at Palace....!!!

Interesting.....

On 6 times - Arsenal

On 4 times - Brighton,

On 3 times - Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Wet Spam, Swansea, Stoke, Huddersfield,

Puel to blame for our poor televised game ratio!

Possibly. I don't mind too much as I like the 3pm KOs, but I do mind that we miss out financially. What is the facility fee - £750k? So NUFC for example are earning £3m more than us from TV up until the end of September.

Isn't it more because we don't play many (any?) of the top sides until later in the season?

Exactly. We have a relatively easy start, though by the same token, an unspectacular one from a TV scheduling perspective.

Isn't it more because we don't play many (any?) of the top sides until later in the season?

Ah, so only the top teams are worthy of being televised. In that case, why not just show games involving the top 6? That would be good, wouldn't it?

Isn't there a stipulation that all teams have to be shown a minimum of 8 times?

Interesting.....

On 6 times - Arsenal

On 4 times - Brighton,

Just wondering, would running around with the logo of Sky and BT's biggest rival on our chests influence that in any way ?

Sat, Sep 23 - West Ham United v Tottenham (Sky Sports) 12.30pm

Sat, Sep 23 - Leicester v Liverpool (BT Sport) 5.30pm

These 2 seem more enticing than Saints vs Man Utd. I can understand the London derby, but guess not a huge difference between us and the other one.

Last season fans were moaning about awkward kick off times and matches being moved for TV (granted these were fans actually in the stadium). This year people have got the hump because we are on tv once in the first batch of matches.

Got to love this place. :mcinnes:

Ah, so only the top teams are worthy of being televised. In that case, why not just show games involving the top 6? That would be good, wouldn't it?

All teams will be given the money equivalent of being shown 10 times, but otherwise don't think you have to be on TV for a min. number of games.

But yeah you're right- only top 6 are worthy of televised games according to BT and Sky- you will find the top 6 are usually shown 20 games minimum- I think Liverpool were on 28 times last season and 30 the one before that!

Hopefully by the time we get on TV regularly we'll have made good use of our 'easy' opening set of fixtures. Also remember that the likes of Brighton/Huddersfield will be getting their minimum obligation done as soon as possible so that if they are all but down and out the TV companies don't have to give them anymore air time.

Last season fans were moaning about awkward kick off times and matches being moved for TV (granted these were fans actually in the stadium). This year people have got the hump because we are on tv once in the first batch of matches.

Got to love this place. :mcinnes:

THIS.

Hey I'm not saying I agree with it, just pointing out the probable reason!

Probably means we'll be on all the time over the Xmas period and be shafted by the scheduling like we were last year.

Match going fans will be over the moon with this. Lovely stuff! Far less grief from the missus with 3pm KO's than getting battered on a Sunday all dayer, or some of the absolute states I came home in after the 5:30pm KO's last season!

Won't this give you an extra two and a half hours drinking time?

Match going fans will be over the moon with this. Lovely stuff! Far less grief from the missus with 3pm KO's than getting battered on a Sunday all dayer, or some of the absolute states I came home in after the 5:30pm KO's last season!

Absolutely made up with only being on TV once in two months, means it's mostly 3pms and all saturdays, makes aways days easier (pre booked Huddersfield already) and i don't get the grief i got last season from the missus/work because i came home sh*tfaced on a sunday and was hungover on the monday.

Sun, Aug 20 - Huddersfield v Newcastle (Sky Sports) 1.30pm

Sun, Aug 27 - West Brom v Stoke (Sky Sports) 1.30pm

Sun, Sep 10 - Burnley v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports) 1.30pm

Sun, Sep 10 - Swansea v Newcastle (Sky Sports) 4pm

Mon, Sep 11 - West Ham v Huddersfield (Sky Sports) 8pm

Fri, Sep 15 - Bournemouth v Brighton (Sky Sports) 8pm

Sat, Sep 16 - Crystal Palace v Southampton (Sky Sports) 12.30pm

Sun, Sep 24 - Brighton v Newcastle United (Sky Sports) 4pm

Sun, Oct 1 - Everton v Burnley (Sky Sports) 2.15pm

33 games televised. Only 9 involving 2 non-top 6 sides. Promotion teams involved in 5 of those 9.

As a committed fan much of last season was a hard watch so I'm not surprised TV doesn't want to inflict this on neutrals! Here's hoping we get off to a flying start and get lots of coverage in the next tranche of matches - I'm particularly hoping Spurs away gets moved so I can get to Wembley for a league game! (I'm away on hols on boxing day)

Why are people moaning we aren't on TV? It's a good thing. TV ruins Saturday 3pm kick off's.

Personally, I said that I liked it that we weren't for the 3pm reason, but at the same time, I didn't like it due to the fact that we miss out on the Facility Fee. As a supporter the former is more important as I can disregard the business side of things.

Why are people moaning we aren't on TV? It's a good thing. TV ruins Saturday 3pm kick off's.

So what? Why put 3pm Saturday kickoffs on such a platform?

Tradition isn't a good reason. "Traditions" change. Before floodlights from the 1800s to the 1950s they didn't kickoff at 3pm on Saturdays in the winter as it was too dark. They kicked off earlier than 3pm on Saturdays so they had enough daylight by the time of the final whistle.

Tradition isn't a good reason. "Traditions" change. Before floodlights from the 1800s to the 1950s they didn't kickoff at 3pm on Saturdays in the winter as it was too dark. They kicked off earlier than 3pm on Saturdays so they had enough daylight by the time of the final whistle.

Go away.

The thing about 3pm Saturday is that you can structure your week/future to accommodate for this. 1st world problem really.

For preference, I like the 2000/1945 kick off the most, then 1500, then 1730, then 1415/1400 then 1230 but over all, if the game is on and I can get to it, I will.

Because it's traditional you ar sehead

As long as the game falls on a Saturday I'm not fussy with time.

I'm a big fan of the 5:30 kick offs, if they're at home, but equally I'm looking forward to the 12:30 at Palace (8 o'clock train up, breakfast and a couple of beers before the game then plenty of time after to drown sorrows / celebrate).

Sunday games are the killer... The atmosphere isn't the same and I generally don't enjoy them as much. Home or Away.

As long as the game falls on a Saturday I'm not fussy with time.

I'm a big fan of the 5:30 kick offs, if they're at home, but equally I'm looking forward to the 12:30 at Palace (8 o'clock train up, breakfast and a couple of beers before the game then plenty of time after to drown sorrows / celebrate).

Sunday games are the killer... The atmosphere isn't the same and I generally don't enjoy them as much. Home or Away.

5:30 evening games completely bugger up a family's Saturday evening and play havoc with your digestion.

3:00 for me, every time. Enough time to get a few things done in the morning and still keep the evening free. In fact, I hate every other time and especially Sundays. I would be quite happy if no games were ever shown on TV.

There is, hence why they pick random "unglamourous" ties like Saints V Palace every now and then - kill two birds with one stone.

There is, hence why they pick random "unglamourous" ties like Saints V Palace every now and then - kill two birds with one stone.

They used to save the less glamorous games for Monday night. Suits me and would normally watch whereas very unlikely to watch Watford v WBA on a Sunday when would have better things to do.

I don't think there is mandatory number of times they need to show a club but a minimum amount they have to pay so if under (e.g. Stoke every season) you get in effect topped up

On Sunday August 27th I'll start a special thread for everyone to watch, enjoy and comment on West Brom vs Stoke as it is broadcast on Sky.

I can sense from the comments on this thread that there will be huge interest in the match so I'm expecting a really lively debate!

There isn't, and hasn't been for about 5 years now. They pay everyone for at least 10 games whether they show them that many times or not.

As there are now lots more televised games than there were when that rule was in place, chances are a team will be on 10 times anyway.

Given our easy start we're likely to dodge the Oct/Nov games too, because they're decided in August, but if we're in the top 6 as I anticipate we might be, we will get killed over Xmas by the scheduling as usual, as already noted above.

• 1 month later...
****ing early kick off against Everton. Load of ****e.

And the Brighton game being moved to Sunday is a crock of ****e too.

Suspect that as the Everton game is subject to their progress in the Europa, it will be moved again to the Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
Suspect that as the Everton game is subject to their progress in the Europa, it will be moved again to the Sunday.

Definitely can no longer be Saturday , not seen it confirmed as Sunday or Monday yet.