looking for a brute ??

patred44

Keeping Gallagher and then trying to sign Hoffenheim’s Sandro Wagner for £15 million suggests we are after a physical target man to play up front.

GOOD...We have missed a Pelle/ Lambert type of player.

Keep looking Les:D

http://saintsmarching.com/2017/07/10/southampton-seemingly-hunt-target-man-striker/

Could do with a couple of brutes! One as a target man and some company for Oriol in defensive midfield. Some may say, even one to take Yoshi's place next to Virgil.

I very much doubt that story is true.

Indications are that Pellegrino will play 4-2-3-1 next season.

We have...

Gabbiadini

Austin

Long

Gallagher

...fighting for 1 position in the team. We don't need 5 players for 1 role.

Some may say "sell Long he doesn't score enough", but it is hard to see Gabbiadini & Austin being 1st & 2nd choice, so we'll find it hard to upgrade on Long as a 3rd choice. Saints also will be unlikely to close the pathway for Gallagher by signing a 29 year old like Wagner.

I very much doubt that story is true.

Indications are that Pellegrino will play 4-2-3-1 next season.

We have...

Gabbiadini

Austin

Long

Gallagher

...fighting for 1 position in the team. We don't need 5 players for 1 role.

Some may say "sell Long he doesn't score enough", but it is hard to see Gabbiadini & Austin being 1st & 2nd choice, so we'll find it hard to upgrade on Long as a 3rd choice. Saints also will be unlikely to close the pathway for Gallagher by signing a 29 year old like Wagner.

What indications are they? He knows his predecessor lost his job by only having one up top ? Why would he do the same?

What indications are they? He knows his predecessor lost his job by only having one up top ? Why would he do the same?
His predecessor didn't lose his job by playing only one up top. Most teams do it these days and it works given the right personnel.

Not quite right what the issue was having no-one within 30 yards of that one most home games.

If we are looking at one for future was impressed by Brereton in u19s v Germany

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Could do with a couple of brutes! One as a target man and some company for Oriol in defensive midfield. Some may say' date=' even one to take Yoshi's place next to Virgil.[/quote']

This is what Pardew did when he came as manager- Jahdi and Rickie.

1 up top can easily be more attacking than 2 up top, it's about not isolating the front man. In a 4-4-2 you generally have 2 attacking, in 4-2-3-1 you can easily have 4 attacking.

Problem was getting nowhere close to whoever was playing up top, and swinging in crosses to strikers who are pretty awful in the air.

Keeping Gallagher and then trying to sign Hoffenheim’s Sandro Wagner for £15 million suggests we are after a physical target man to play up front.

GOOD...We have missed a Pelle/ Lambert type of player.

Keep looking Les:D

http://saintsmarching.com/2017/07/10/southampton-seemingly-hunt-target-man-striker/

Absofu**inglutely not! Last thing I want is some lumbering lamp post up front "holding up play" or some such sh!t. Gabbi up front with fast, technical players on either side please.

Looking at the original post title, I was going to suggest that maybe you should try the "grinder" app.

I think the place we need a big, strong unit is to partner Romeu in CM. A Yaya Touré type would compliment the side very well. Someone with a slightly nasty edge, because as a team we are a bit, umm, too nice? If they had a decent shot on them, that would be a bonus!!

Looking at the original post title, I was going to suggest that maybe you should try the "grinder" app.

I think the place we need a big, strong unit is to partner Romeu in CM. A Yaya Touré type would compliment the side very well. Someone with a slightly nasty edge, because as a team we are a bit, umm, too nice? If they had a decent shot on them, that would be a bonus!!

With you on the second part :) .