Jack Cork - sell on fee?

Paul Chuckle

Jrod £15m too

again, just shows what we will generally need to spend to stand still..

Has this become the new 'you can't win anything with kids' cliché?

Before we all get carried away taking it as gospel, the correct idium is 'standing still means falling behind'. It has little to do with money (although that may help in certain cases).

Has this become the new 'you can't win anything with kids' cliché?

Before we all get carried away taking it as gospel, the correct idium is 'standing still means falling behind'. It has little to do with money (although that may help in certain cases).

It almost like fans look at our spend profile since we've been in the prem and think we finished top 8 for the last 4 years (3points off champions league under Koeman) because of our spend.

:mcinnes:

Cx4Nh_LXcAACO9A.jpg

Lol. Pretty embarrassing come back Glasgow. Given that it doesn't say which year its for, incorporate wages, nor account for net spend.

Why do you humiliate yourself like this? You used to be at least competent at trolling... Now I may as well just ask the local schoolkids on the corner...

Lol. Pretty embarrassing come back Glasgow. Given that it doesn't say which year its for, incorporate wages, nor account for net spend.

Why do you humiliate yourself like this? You used to be at least competent at trolling... Now I may as well just ask the local schoolkids on the corner...

It's a sad decline. He's the Portsmouth of trolls.

When you compare cork with our existing squad, Cork is better than any of our midfielders except Romeu only.

He's not better than Steve Davis. On a par with Clasie, JWP & PEH & he's older than all of them. I wouldn't swap him for any of our midfield, except Harry R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you compare cork with our existing squad, Cork is better than any of our midfielders except Romeu only.

I would say that's the reality for us now - the replacements since Nicola C and Paul Mitchell moved on have largely been worse.

Shaw and Bertrand similar

Clyne better than Cedric

Lallana better than Tadic

Cork better than Hojberg

Schneiderlin better than Clasie

Wanyama better than Romeu

Mane better than Boufal

Pelle better than Austin

Fonte better than Yoshida

The list goes on.... VVD better than Toby Alderweireld? Probably, but the replacements and magic black box has been found wanting since Mitchell and Nicola left

I don't know why I'm bothering but

I would say that's the reality for us now - the replacements since Nicola C and Paul Mitchell moved on have largely been worse.

Shaw and Bertrand similar - on last season's form, Bertrand better

Clyne better than Cedric - not sure, one of them won the Euros

Lallana better than Tadic - agreed

Cork better than Hojberg - but not better than Davis

Schneiderlin better than Clasie - agreed

Wanyama better than Romeu - nope

Mane better than Boufal - So far, but they're not like for like

Pelle better than Austin - have you forgotten Gabbiadini?

Fonte better than Yoshida - frankly, on last season, this is no longer true

The list goes on.... VVD better than Toby Alderweireld? Probably, but the replacements and magic black box has been found wanting since Mitchell and Nicola left

• 3 months later...
Just been called up to the england squad. Very pleased for him.

Another one we let go at the expense of big egos with no loyalty. Club strat seriously needs a looking into.

Think he was third choice behind Morgan and Big Vic when he left.

If I recall he went to Swansea for first team football, which we couldn't guarantee (given who we had as first teamers).

Not sure egos and strategy came into it!

Edit: personally I wish he was still a Saint.

Think he was third choice behind Morgan and Big Vic when he left.

If I recall he went to Swansea for first team football, which we couldn't guarantee (given who we had as first teamers).

Not sure egos and strategy came into it!

Edit: personally I wish he was still a Saint.

It does when everyone knew Morgan and Wanyama were off within 18 months.

Could have still done a job for us - sitting alongside Romeu at DM, freeing Lemina to play further upfield.

He could. Was it Koeman or Pochettino who froze him out of things somewhat. It didn't help Cork's chances that Vic and Morgan were here and he was probably a "victim" of the belief that JWP was going to be the next big thing in midfield at the time.

Very pleased for him. Never quite sure why he hasn't been called up before now to be honest.

Because he hasnt actually been that good, he was pretty average for Burnley against us the other day.

I hope people dont try and use this as "proof" that Burnley have somehow gone ahead of us...how many midfielders have dropped out for this to happen?

Because he hasnt actually been that good, he was pretty average for Burnley against us the other day.

I hope people dont try and use this as "proof" that Burnley have somehow gone ahead of us...how many midfielders have dropped out for this to happen?

burnley have got ahead of us. we are terrible whilst, they are fairly decent with a pretty inferior side

Still not got over your Clasie love-affair?

Cork was always good for us, didn't he play every match in our promotion season from the championship? I think we would have happily kept him, but his chances were limited by having Morgan, Wanyama and Davis all deserving their places. It was smart for him to move on. The Cork and Schneiderlin pairing was one of the best we've ever had in midfield.

It does when everyone knew Morgan and Wanyama were off within 18 months.

This was the point i was trying to make. Cork wanted to be here but the club bowed down to two players that didn't and which we were on the verge of selling anyway. Should have kept cork and moved on the other two.

Short sighted strat which has left us with a team lacking fight and with only a smattering of loyal club men in the team.