Replacing ABS Pump in Skoda Fabia

thesaint sfc

Hi Guys,

I live in The Netherlands and have a Skoda Fabia 2004 whose ABS died the other day. Skoda have quoted €1,300 + fitting to replace it! I've looked online and found several available ranging from €50-100. I'll then need to find someone over here who will fit it for me.

I have absolutely no idea about cars. I was surprised the ABS was even in the engine which the mechanic found hysterical. I've been looking online for a like for like replacement and have found both HZ1 and HZ2 versions.

The HZ1 version is what I have at the moment. The guy from the Skoda garage said that if I had bought the car a couple of years later I wouldn't be having this problem as it was a common problem with my ABS.

My question to you is, would the HZ2 version be the newer version without these problems? It seems logical to me that it would be and that considering they're pretty much the same price it would make more sense for me to buy the HZ2. Would this fit in my car OK or would I be best getting a like for like and sticking with the HZ1?

This is the one I've got: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/SKODA-FABIA-VW-POLO-SEAT-IBIZA-ABS-PUMP-MODULE-6Q0-614-417D-0-265-900-009-/322578607251?hash=item4b1b2eec93:g:8KwAAOSwXetZW66x

This is the one I'm considering getting as a replacement: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/ABS-PUMP-00-07-Skoda-Fabia-1-9-ABS-Control-ECU-0265800362-WARRANTY-5046654-/351798593286?hash=item51e8d48706:g:MasAAOSwtnpXnwH8

Thanks for your help!