SSN: Southampton want to sign Luciano Vietto

SuperSAINT

Good. We don't need a striker who doesn't score goals, a player in the final third who has little physical presence and a player who is competing for a spot in the team in an area we already have good players.

We desperately need a central midfielder who has the ability to carry the ball past a player (power and stride, not skill) to break the line of a bank of five opposition midfielders and open things up for us.

I'd agree. We need the option of a physically stronger forward. Hoping Gallagher will come good.

We've got enough small players with pace and some skill, but little finishing power.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Our fans are such ****ing dinlo's.

This lad has some really good potential and a loan move for him with an option to buy would be brilliant business. He's quick and tricky, just needs to get some composure in front of goal. I'd much rather him come off the bench for Gabbi/Austin than any of Long/Rodriguez.

But lets just look at his scoring stats and moan that he's crap and have digs at who or what is scouting him.

Some of you lot would moan if we signed Ronaldo ffs.

Our fans are such ****ing dinlo's.

This lad has some really good potential and a loan move for him with an option to buy would be brilliant business. He's quick and tricky, just needs to get some composure in front of goal. I'd much rather him come off the bench for Gabbi/Austin than any of Long/Rodriguez.

But lets just look at his scoring stats and moan that he's crap and have digs at who or what is scouting him.

Some of you lot would moan if we signed Ronaldo ffs.

Too old mate.

;)

This forum is full of fans who know better than manager, scouts and Les. And they always know why everyone we might sign is not what we want, Weird.

And they lap up the mentality that you have to be seen to be spending stupid money on over-hyped names.

File this one under "SSN: Paul Hart as manager" then!

The strange thing about the Paul Hart rumour was that he was actually in Cortese's office at the time the rumour started somebody who worked at St Mary's that I know actually saw him

but 2 + 2 sometimes makes 5

Not sure the player in question is in Les Reed's Office

This forum is full of fans who know better than manager, scouts and Les. And they always know why everyone we might sign is not what we want, Weird.

Well said and worth re-posting. The negative posters on here don't seem to realise just how well this club is performing. We have a squad that is a healthy mixture of established internationals and talented home-grown players. Southampton's performance is currently better than any team other than the wealthy 'Big City' clubs. Last season, the only teams that ended above Saints were from London, Manchester and Liverpool. Despite that, the professionals who run our club signalled that they want to do better by the decision to change the manager. The evidence shows they know what they are doing and will probably be OK without advice from anyone on here.

Well said and worth re-posting. The negative posters on here don't seem to realise just how well this club is performing. We have a squad that is a healthy mixture of established internationals and talented home-grown players. Southampton's performance is currently better than any team other than the wealthy 'Big City' clubs. Last season, the only teams that ended above Saints were from London, Manchester and Liverpool. Despite that, the professionals who run our club signalled that they want to do better by the decision to change the manager. The evidence shows they know what they are doing and will probably be OK without advice from anyone on here.

I'd be concerned if they were taking note of anyone on here

Despite that, the professionals who run our club signalled that they want to do better by the decision to change the manager. The evidence shows they know what they are doing and will probably be OK without advice from anyone on here.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that they're advicing the club here. It's a forum, and people like to moan.

Which must border on the illegal surely. Then again if the punters are mug enough why shouldn't Skybet take their money.

It's a mug's game betting on transfers. So easy to create false news and rumours. Only those really in the know can make a packet on insider trading. And yes, it's time it was investigated.

Just up on SSN:

SAINTS IN VIETTO TALKS

Southampton are in talks to sign striker Luciano Vietto from Atletico Madrid, according to Sky sources.

We understand the Saints may have to lose one of their current forwards to facilitate the move for Vietto, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla.

After Jay Rodriguez moved to West Brom earlier this month, Southampton still have Charlie Austin, Shane Long and Manolo Gabbiadini on their books.

Just up on SSN:

SAINTS IN VIETTO TALKS

Southampton are in talks to sign striker Luciano Vietto from Atletico Madrid, according to Sky sources.

We understand the Saints may have to lose one of their current forwards to facilitate the move for Vietto, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla.

After Jay Rodriguez moved to West Brom earlier this month, Southampton still have Charlie Austin, Shane Long and Manolo Gabbiadini on their books.

And Sam G

Bingo... So we will again rely on sicknote (Austin) staying fit, Homesick (gabbiadini) being prolific, goal shy (long) returning to Koeman form and untested Gallagher being the beans....

Sorted

Ok, I'll bite, whats with the Gabby "homesick" bit ?

as I understand it's not a signing as such...It's a 'Toby style' try before you buy loan, with the final transfer fee being sorted after a season's loan.

And we all saw how that turned out.

Atletico are as slippery as a bag of eels.

Best avoided IMO, unless Les thinks he can trust them :uhoh:

as I understand it's not a signing as such...It's a 'Toby style' try before you buy loan, with the final transfer fee being sorted after a season's loan.

So you're saying we shouldn't have loaned Toby in?

So you're saying we shouldn't have loaned Toby in?

No, I'm not saying we shouldn't have loaned Toby.

We need to get our idea of a loan leading to a permanent signing the same as Atletico's.

Because we sure got our fingers burnt then.

We thought Toby was ours, Atletico and Spurs had other ideas.

This time Atletico have said they want £5m upfront, that's a hell of a loan fee for one season without the guarantee of a permanent signing.

And from what I've seen is unsubstantiated

Surely to goodness we are going to sign a striker after the goal drought last year.

I really couldn't handle another season like that

Uncle Les secret squirrel don't breathe a word to the fans about our plans

I guess they'd have to make sure any terms with AM we have for this player don't have any loopholes that would leave us exposed to this chap "doing a Toby" on us.

No, I'm not saying we shouldn't have loaned Toby.

We need to get our idea of a loan leading to a permanent signing the same as Atletico's.

Because we sure got our fingers burnt then.

We thought Toby was ours, Atletico and Spurs had other ideas.

This time Atletico have said they want £5m upfront, that's a hell of a loan fee for one season without the guarantee of a permanent signing.

It wouldnt have been an issue if we hadnt of messed about and tried to look into the legals rather than just paying the extra 5m required

Oh dear, it seems Saints were scouting a player when they saw Pochettino. they weren't scouting him.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-how-scouting-philippe-coutinho-paved-the-way-for-mauricio-pochettinos-arrival-at-tottenham-a3240441.html

latest?cb=20090713110933

That article would make a nice template for "what Les Reed wants in a manager" though.

Those "black box coincidences" are still going to down to the new manager knowing some players we're already keeping an eye on though. There are plenty of them, after all.