Checkatrade Trophy

saint si

Was anyone at the game? Would be interesting to know if any individual performances stood out, based on the scorers it looks like Hesketh's comeback from injury is going well, how did McCarthy do in goal?

Shame to be knocked out as this group of players are going to get very few opportunities with the first team squad so it was a chance for them to get some exposure.

Jaidi does not convince me as a coach.

Watched the highlights, and Hesketh looked good, took both his goals well , and his movement also looked deecent .

As for the comments about McCarthy, the 2nd goal was a screamer into the top corner and the 3rd was far post at a corner with Northampton sending their keeper up. Not his fault, should have been someone on the post.

Club is falling apart at every level....

Until we get rid of Hunter & Jaidi, what do you expect? They are not exactly candidates for Brain of Britain. The whole Academy system needs a bloody big shake up, at the moment they are churning out really nice blokes who will become model citizens but can't play football!

Blowing a 3-0 lead and losing on penalties yet the still put #wemarchon on the picture :lol:

Probably a blessing in dsguise. Northampton have been drawn away to Pompey in the 2nd round.

Full second round draw

Northern section

Port Vale v Shrewsbury Town

Rochdale v Doncaster Rovers

Fleetwood Town v Group F runner-up

Blackpool v Mansfield Town

Walsall v Bury

Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

S****horpe United v Leicester City U21

Group F winner v Oldham Athletic

Southern section

Group C winner v Forest Green Rovers

Gillingham v Oxford United

Group D winner v AFC Wimbledon

Portsmouth v Northampton Town

MK Dons v Group D runner-up

Luton Town v Group C runner-up

Swansea City U21 v Charlton

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any ideas of the squad for tonight? Anyone not getting too many first team minutes at the moment likely to play? I was thinking Bednarek but guessing he's away with Poland. Possibly Jack Stephens? I think last year we kept the teams pretty young / inexperienced though so probably wont play him any that have appeared in the first team this year.

Some guy on a Colchester forum reckons less than 100 tickets sold. Plus there's no park and ride tonight and it's a pain to get to anyway. Looks like a tiny crowd.

Imagine the team will be all youngsters, no real need to play any of the others. Plus they are in good form this season so may as well try and let that continue.

Any ideas of the squad for tonight? Anyone not getting too many first team minutes at the moment likely to play? I was thinking Bednarek but guessing he's away with Poland. Possibly Jack Stephens? I think last year we kept the teams pretty young / inexperienced though so probably wont play him any that have appeared in the first team this year.

I expect it to be the usual U23 side. Depending (as you say) about any international call ups for the youth sides.

Some guy on a Colchester forum reckons less than 100 tickets sold. Plus there's no park and ride tonight and it's a pain to get to anyway. Looks like a tiny crowd.

Imagine the team will be all youngsters, no real need to play any of the others. Plus they are in good form this season so may as well try and let that continue.

Plenty of parking less than a mile from the ground where the park and ride is. If no park and ride, shank's pony. As it is, not a game I would make a great effort to go to. Having said that, if it was at SMS, I would likely go, just to escape the nagging from the Mrs.