Checkatrade Trophy

saint si

Skates at St Mary's please...! :-)

We've got to get through the group stage still, and I don't think they have u21 teams playing at home, we'd lose at Fratton to their first team against our youngsters, think I'd rather avoid them.

Well done to the lads tonight, good result.

Is our MK game a record attendance outside of final?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8504209.stm

May have been at the time. Found this on wiki.

'The highest attendance for any game outside of the final came on 5 February 2013 for the Northern Area final, when Coventry City lost to Crewe Alexandra 3–0 at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry (they later won the away leg 2-0, going down 3-2 on aggregate), in front of a crowd of 31,054.'

I figured it was probably because of the reasons given above, I guess given the low key nature of this competition at this stage, the negotiations for the main club sponsor to be on the shirts would cost more than the return that having it there for non streamed games in front of 554 people.

To be honest I quite like the shirt without the additional clutter on the front..........squad numbers of 60, 62 etc are quite strange though.