SaintsWeb Fantasy Football League

Saint Garrett

I'll be doing mine closer to the start of the season after Saints sign Ronaldo.

As many transfer as you want, prior to the kick off of the new season. So you can get started and include Messi, Ronaldo, Harry Kane et al when they have formally been unveiled as Southampton players.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put Forster in as my main 'keeper, then picked the rest of the team. Then I realised I had enough money left for Cech. No brainer really.

I also bumped Redmond for Zaha. Only Cedric and Gabbi made the cut. I reckon this will be the season for midfielders to shine, so that's where I spent the bulk of my money. :smug:

I put Forster in as my main 'keeper, then picked the rest of the team. Then I realised I had enough money left for Cech. No brainer really.

I also bumped Redmond for Zaha. Only Cedric and Gabbi made the cut. I reckon this will be the season for midfielders to shine, so that's where I spent the bulk of my money. :smug:

I also opted for Cedric and Gabbi. Thought that Stephens could be a decent shout - fairly cheap and will play regularly, hopefully we will keep a few clean sheets, too!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2021 at 09:49, Saint Garrett said:

Plenty have been auto-added already, but link below for anyone who hasn't been involved previously...

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/syfnyr

:toppa:

Having come in the top 10 last year, determined to do better this season 

Hats off to the winner of last season (who I can't remember!)

Also do we have a code or even a league for the telegraph FF game?

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/

36 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

Think I finished 17th in the end so you beat me!

Anyone starting with any saints this year? I have romeu as my midfield bench filler.

Edited by TWar

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

Think I finished 17th in the end so you beat me!

Anyone starting with any saints this year? I have romeu as my midfield bench filler.

only KWP at the moment - will see where Ings washes up

I did well because I based it on a statistical approach :lol: 😉 😜

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

I did well because I based it on a statistical approach :lol: 😉 😜

Haha excellent. I needed to trust the stats more personally. I knew Bruno was overperforming but didn't have the confidence to drop him. Tanked my rank at the end.

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

I’ve got JWP as he should get a few points for his set pieces.

He was a very decent asset last season. I never grabbed him as he overperformed xG like crazy and I kept thinking he'd revert to the norm, but he never did. Got to have faith in the free kick king.

Just now, TWar said:

He was a very decent asset last season. I never grabbed him as he overperformed xG like crazy and I kept thinking he'd revert to the norm, but he never did. Got to have faith in the free kick king.

Playing every game has to have been a big point advantage as well. Hopefully he’s just as good this season.

good luck all :toppa:

Should we do a poll / vote each week for Captain Choice?

For Example:

1. 1. Week 1 Captain

• Salah - Norwich (A) -  95
    • Mane - Norwich (A)-  5
    • Jota - Norwich (A) -  0
    • TAA - Norwich (A) -  0
    • Toney - Arsenal (H)- 0
    • Bruno - Leeds (H) - 9
    • Greenwood - Leeds (H) -  0
    • Martial - Leeds (H) - 0
    • Havertz - Palace (H) - 2
    • Werner - Palace (H) - 0
    • Mount - Palace (H) - 1
    • Iheanacho - Wolves (H) - 0
    • Ings - Watford (A) - 1
    • Grealish - Spurs (A) - 0
    • Mahrez - Spurs (A) - 0
    • Other - 2

115 members have voted

115 members have voted

Edited by le_tiss

On 03/08/2021 at 14:19, le_tiss said:

On 04/08/2021 at 09:17, Saint86 said:

Is the predictor league still running as well? 

I don't think either of these questions were answered. Personally, as well as my Fantasy Premier League team I have also got a Telegraph Fantasy team and one on Sky Sports. I also do Super 6 predictions. If there are Saints Web leagues for any of these I would be interested in joining. Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, OldNick said:

Never played this before, do I get any points for players on my bench?

nope, unless you have played the Bench boost Chip (which can be played once a season (as can the other chips)) - probably best to save the chips for Double Game weeks (DGW's)

if a player in your starting line up doesn't play, a replacement will come off the bench as long it the team shape works (for example - you must always have a GK and minimum 3 defenders)

You can make one free transfer pw (if you dont make one, it will roll over to the next week) but you can never have more than 2 FT's (if you make more than your current FT, each one will cost you 4pts - thus sometimes if you have a lot of surgery to do to your team the Wild card gives you unlimited transfers for that week (the free hit chip is something different)

@OldNick 

How do you move the subs around ?

You chose each week before the GW starts (once a week has started you cant do anything) - same as Cap and VCap

@egg - you get 2 Wildcards per season (1st has to be used before Jan IIRC)

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before Tue 28 Dec 13:30) and once in the second half of the season. The Wildcard chip is played when confirming transfers that cost points and can't be cancelled once played.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help lots of FAQ in there 

my fav chips is Triple Captain (((C))) - use this on a DGW on Salad, Kane or someone who scores lots of points!

hope that helps 

Edited by le_tiss
MAX posts for a day so answering egg / Old Nick here

1 hour ago, le_tiss said:

nope, unless you have played the Bench boost Chip (which can be played once a season (as can the other chips)) - probably best to save the chips for Double Game weeks (DGW's)

if a player in your starting line up doesn't play, a replacement will come off the bench as long it the team shape works (for example - you must always have a GK and minimum 3 defenders)

You can make one free transfer pw (if you dont make one, it will roll over to the next week) but you can never have more than 2 FT's (if you make more than your current FT, each one will cost you 4pts - thus sometimes if you have a lot of surgery to do to your team the Wild card gives you unlimited transfers for that week (the free hit chip is something different)

hope that helps 

That is helpful, appreciated. I thought I had 6 pts due to Ajer on the bench but seems not! I listen to the 606 pod ( had an emial read out!!! in the past) but only due to enjoyment, I took none of the strategy in lol

15 hours ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

I don't think either of these questions were answered. Personally, as well as my Fantasy Premier League team I have also got a Telegraph Fantasy team and one on Sky Sports. I also do Super 6 predictions. If there are Saints Web leagues for any of these I would be interested in joining. Thanks! :)

If we start a new league in the telegraph one - it would have to start from GW2 which is a shame - I was hoping there was one already set up 

5 minutes ago, OldNick said:

That is helpful, appreciated. I thought I had 6 pts due to Ajer on the bench but seems not! I listen to the 606 pod ( had an emial read out!!! in the past) but only due to enjoyment, I took none of the strategy in lol

Is he your first sub? the order you place subs in is the order they come off the bench (unless as mentioned you haven't got enough GK or Defenders) thus its always worth changing the order depending on who they are playing.

If someone doesn't play (for example you have Kane) he would be substituted for the first player on the bench (even if that player is not a striker (as you can play with just one up top), if Kane was your only striker then he would be replaced with another striker

Some weeks you will have a bench packed with pts whereas you team may all on 1/2/3 pointers which is gutting! 

Perhaps the worst thing is a player needs to play for 60 mins to gain the Clean sheet bonus (DEF and MID) - and certain managers take people off around the 55mins to 59 mins which is a gutter :lol:  see Pep roulette for this

and remember if a DEF or MID gets the Clean Sheet bonus and then is subbed after 60 mins he keeps it :smug: 

but if you keep checking your score sometimes you will have the bonus then if the opposition scores after the 60 mins the bonus get taken away 

4 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

If we start a new league in the telegraph one - it would have to start from GW2 which is a shame - I was hoping there was one already set up 

Is he your first sub? the order you place subs in is the order they come off the bench (unless as mentioned you haven't got enough GK or Defenders) thus its always worth changing the order depending on who they are playing.

If someone doesn't play (for example you have Kane) he would be substituted for the first player on the bench (even if that player is not a striker (as you can play with just one up top), if Kane was your only striker then he would be replaced with another striker

Some weeks you will have a bench packed with pts whereas you team may all on 1/2/3 pointers which is gutting! 

Perhaps the worst thing is a player needs to play for 60 mins to gain the Clean sheet bonus (DEF and MID) - and certain managers take people off around the 55mins to 59 mins which is a gutter :lol:  see Pep roulette for this

and remember if a DEF or MID gets the Clean Sheet bonus and then is subbed after 60 mins he keeps it :smug: 

but if you keep checking your score sometimes you will have the bonus then if the opposition scores after the 60 mins the bonus get taken away 

How do you move the subs around ?

hope that helps 

Thanks for that. I'm new this season too (usually play fantasy i team). Is it only 1 wild card per season? 

@OldNick 

You chose each week before the GW starts (once a week has started you cant do anything) - same as Cap and VCap

@egg - you get 2 Wildcards per season (1st has to be used before Jan IIRC)

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help lots of FAQ in there 

my fav chips is Triple Captain (((C))) - use this on a DGW on Salad, Kane or someone who scores lots of points!

hope that helps 

Thanks very much, appreciated. Shocking start with Lacazette out but it's a marathon not a sprint/

71pts with Son to go 

Think I have 11BP's to come 

so 82pts :o

Salad - 3 (Cap-6)

Schmeichel - 2

DCL - 1

Ings - 1

Greenwood - 1 

oh Bruno where for art thou :wave:

6 hours ago, OldNick said:

I know Im going to have a lot of this during the season, but I knew I should have had Fernandes!!!!!

this happens a lot so don't worry - i didn't have him either

• 2 weeks later...