St. Gallen vs Saints match thread

Matthew Le God

Not really. Don't seem to be controlling midfield at all well. But it's a slightly odd XI we have out there.

Yeah you have to make allowance for pre-season and the random nature of the teams put out in these sort of games I just wondered if their was a notable step up in the pressing style over Koeman and Puel.

Cedric and Redmond (and Stephens, JWP and Targett) all still on holiday.

VVD is on strike. Club say he's not fit but he is; he just won't play.

No conspiracy theories.

That's something that will be verifiable and it's been noted that you've claimed that.

no just Jay Rod and before him Fonte outgoing :lol:

Yes I know... think you've misunderstood my point. #6 was free so they've given it to Jones, why not give Gallagher (or Gabbiadini) #9? Suggests that they could be looking to add another attacker but happy with defenders as they are.

I'm aware this is reading a lot into something which has very little meaning and is subject to change but hey, it's preseason and tea in the cricket

Yes I know... think you've misunderstood my point. #6 was free so they've given it to Jones, why not give Gallagher (or Gabbiadini) #9? Suggests that they could be looking to add another attacker but happy with defenders as they are.

I'm aware this is reading a lot into something which has very little meaning and is subject to change but hey, it's preseason and tea in the cricket

Heard Romeo was 6 and gabbiadini was getting 9

:lol: Well it makes a change from the novice Sherlock Holmes's on here building a whole web of intrigue and suspicion over everything VVD related :uhoh:

The shirts they are wearing today don't have players names on, so in reality they could have worn any shirt I guess.

Well the interesting possibilities were nowhere to be seen in the post match snippet from the boss, he seemed a bit cheesed off at the quality of the pitch, seemed to see it as it was, a bit of a run out.

Be interesting hear him after next weekends game, as the Bees will no doubt be stiffer opposition.

I miss the days we used to have a "trialist" during a friendly!

No Cedric, No Redmond. No VVD. Start the conspiracy theories! :lol:

You'd have loved the Newport County friendly yesterday then. Ten triallists and a centre back who's been injured since September named on the team sheet.

Alfie Jones wearing number 6 for people who are interested in that sort of tuff.

Gallagher wearing 15 -and no number 9. Striker incoming? :suspicious:

We've varied how we use numbers enough pre-season before not to read anything at all into it. Looks to me like we've used existing squad numbers and backfilled the gaps with academy players.

McQueen is the only player who featured regularly last season who had a different number (18 instead of 38 ) - though according to the OS report Flannigan has Ward-Prowse's 16, which is interesting(ish).

Gaps after transfers, agreed loans and player releases were: 6 Fonte, 9 Rodriguez, 12 (Wanyama), 15 Martina, 18 Reed, 25, and 27 and above with a few exceptions (28 is Taylor, still).

6 was Jones, 9 Slattery, 12 Tella, 15 Gallagher, [16 Flannigan], 25 O'Driscoll, 29 Little, 30 Johnson - basically all ties up with the backfilling theory, just missing a 27 and wondering if they packed Ward-Prowse's shirt instead of that for Flannigan. :D

Edited by The9

I love it....."Malodorous twerp!".....er...just be clear, you are talking about Heisenberg and not Black aren't you?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't speak his name! If you say it 3 times he appears and we rotate the squad heavily and then pass it backwards and sideways!

Just seen the highlights. Both keepers very sharp. Kit looks fantastic!

Noticed that we only have Prem badges on the right sleeve - left sleeve left blank for clubs to add secondary adverts, so for those who insist on the sleeve patch, don't get two and try and get a discount if they're offering to do both sleeves for the daft amount it costs...

Obviously when Pellegrino came in as manager he must have been instructed to lie to the public about Van Dijk and to pretend that the player's foot wasn't ready yet to be subject to contact training. Any journalist saying VVD is on strike must be correct because it's inconceivable that any media outlet would ever publish a story that it wasn't certain was true.

I live in the Netherlands and I haven't seen any such thing. Not in the media I pay attention to at least.

Nothing in dutch media and I live in the dam... b*llsh*t alert has gone off

I'm actually a little surprised that there hasn't been anything in the Dutch media.