You can sign 2 but have to release 4 - Who goes?

You have to let 4 of the current squad go to bring in 2 quality additions. Who do you release???

Gardos, Pied, Long and Clasie. None of them have the attributes to make keeping them at the club an obvious choice. Surprised that we're not trying to move them all on anyway, perhaps we are.

Gardos, Pied, Long and Clasie. None of them have the attributes to make keeping them at the club an obvious choice. Surprised that we're not trying to move them all on anyway, perhaps we are.

I don't think we would bring in another RB so I would keep Pied but I agree with your other ones

Maybe Austin if we were to get a top quality striker or Forster if we were to get a top quality GK

Why do people want to offload Austin? He was our top scorer last season and had he not got injured he would of scored at least 15 goals, if he stays fit he will be a major asset to our team

He can't stay fit, and probably quite expensive. I wouldn't be against him gone.

I think we want to cling onto him, because our front line isn't great.

I don't think we would bring in another RB so I would keep Pied but I agree with your other ones

Maybe Austin if we were to get a top quality striker or Forster if we were to get a top quality GK

Wait until you see him play a real game, he is pretty average. At a push Targett on the left, Bertrand on the right, think we did that on a couple of occasions didn't we.

I think our priorities should be a mobile striker with a decent touch and a midfielder to complement Romeu.

STRIKER

I would release Long (unreliable) and Gallagher (I think he's got promise but I'm being told I have to release two players and if I release Austin I'm pretty short on goal-scorers if the new guy doesn't work out. Gabbi obviously is not up for release.

Sign: Iheanacho

MIDFIELD

Release Reed and Clasie. I actually quite like both of them and I thought Clasie should have played more last season but they don't really complement Romeu, Davis and JWP. Romeu obviously needs to be kept and Davis is valuable to the squad. JWP has a higher potential than either of them.

Sign: Ramires (persuade him that China is ****e).

Austin- too injury prone.

Gardos - as above too injury prone and never been impressed with him when he has actually played.

Target - we have better in Bertrand and McQueen.

Reed - we have better.

So basically this thread is asking us who we think are worst 4 players in the squad?

I'll play the two signings part- Messi and Neuer pls

Not really. I think we have two average players for certain positions instead of 1 great player and a back up option or understudy. I'm basically saying that if we had to consolidate in some areas, where would it be.

Austin ( not particularly mobile, injury prone, doesn't fit system that well imo)

Gardos (injured)

Targett (McQueen looked better when given his chance than targett did when given his)

Gazza (Never right technically)

Strange then that Targett was in the England U21 Squad and McQueen was not

Getting rid of a good youngster makes no sense

McQueen, Stephens and Reed are overrated by this fan base, all 3 are championship at best, Targett is slightly better IMO.

I would get rid of Gardos, McQueen, Reed and Gazza.

Reed is getting older now and not going to make it IMO at a top 8 club and play regularly, Stephens is the same but at CB you need a 4th choice with some experience.

McQueen, Stephens and Reed are overrated by this fan base, all 3 are championship at best, Targett is slightly better IMO.

I would get rid of Gardos, McQueen, Reed and Gazza.

Reed is getting older now and not going to make it IMO at a top 8 club and play regularly, Stephens is the same but at CB you need a 4th choice with some experience.

You're completely wrong about Stephens. Looked good at the end of last season. He's still young for a CB and a season playing alongside VVD would do him the world of good. At worst he'll be a good PL level CB imo

Out:

Clasie

Gardos

Long

Davis

In:

Geoffrey Kondogbia for the physicality and mobility we need in central defensive midfield

Hakim Ziyech - for the ACM/no 10 role

both in their early 20's with the probability they are going to get better and their value go up

You're completely wrong about Stephens. Looked good at the end of last season. He's still young for a CB and a season playing alongside VVD would do him the world of good. At worst he'll be a good PL level CB imo

Okay tad harsh by me saying championship at best, but he's someone who could start for teams like Watford Burnley and Swansea on a regular basis if he carries on his development.

But if he was that good and rated by the England coaches he would of started for the u21s a few weeks back.