Martina to Everton on freebie

Koolman

Thank you, Cuco, for treating us all to a wonder goal. It may well have been the only memorable thing you ever did, but WOW! it was spectacular.

One of the great days to be a Saint's fan, seeing Cuco blast in like that v the Arsenal - 4-0 in the end wasn't it? Thanks Cuco.

A bit of a shame how it turned out for him at Saints. The guy definitely has the potential to be a very good player, just needs good coaching and the confidence that a decent run in the first team will bring.

Really? I thought he was a nice bloke with a good attitude who was a very limited footballer.

or perhaps he is better than some think. RK obviously thinks hes a decent player Didn't we turn down the chance of selling him to Everton a while back?

Nah. He was alright and as I said a nice bloke. He wasn't great though and he will be a squad player to assist Everton in Europe.

Nah. He was alright and as I said a nice bloke. He wasn't great though and he will be a squad player to assist Everton in Europe.

I would agree with this comment.

Seemed a genuinely nice guy who seemed to get on with all his team mates.

Probably a coaches dream, trained well and never complained

However he was limited on the field of play and for Everton to give him a 3 year contract (albeit as a Free Transfer) on the basis that Koeman reportedly said ..' he can provide cover in a number of positions' ..seems rather generous.

I reckon he was passable as cover at right back but wouldn't like to have see him in any other position across the back four in Saints first team action

Best of luck to him though

In the sense that he has never done anything like it before or since and that if he tried again 100 times it wouldn't go in.

Great goal but hardly his trademark.

Right, but a one in a hundred shot isn't the same as a "fluke". The correct use of "fluke" means accidental good fortune - i.e. pure luck, little skill. The ball rebounding off the post and going in off someone's backside is a fluke. A 40 screamer is not (unless as Eelpie says - he intended to miss).

Right, but a one in a hundred shot isn't the same as a "fluke". The correct use of "fluke" means accidental good fortune - i.e. pure luck, little skill. The ball rebounding off the post and going in off someone's backside is a fluke. A 40 screamer is not (unless as Eelpie says - he intended to miss).

Spot on, a celestial alignment occurred, the approach, the angle, the contact foot to ball everything was perfect in that very split second moment. Rejoice at that one moment of magic in football that makes you go WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not mither on like a sad sod because it's not cool to enjoy a stunning strike from an ordinary Joe, simply because a few of the other sheep in the field reckon he is a joke footballer.............. Ali Dia was a joke footballer: end of!!!

Captain of Curacao and scorer of one of the most stunning strikes seen for years by a player wearing a Saints shirt. Good luck Cucu and thank you for a wonderful memory.

Edited by John Boy Saint

He must have something on the Koeman's.

Never, ever a PL quality player

I thought some games he was okay and others terrible. Remember in our 2015-16 campaign he played in most of our big wins I think- that 4-0 against Arsenal, the 3-2 win over Liverpool and the 4-2 win over City.

He couldn't defend very well but he had an eye for a pass.

Wish him well for the future