Forster - new 5 year deal...

mcbendy

I thought Fraser was poor in the first half of last season, but to be fair finished strongly and appeared fitter. The bigger picture I think is a senior player wanting to extend his contract which is a good sign and may rub off on others in the squad

Bit baffled by that - plays terrible majority of the season and gets rewarded like this? Having said that he has shown he can be a great 'keeper on his day so fingers crossed he's more consistent this season.

He didn't have the best season but tbf De Gea would struggle, Romeu apart, with that defensive screen in front of them and for half of the season a rookie and squad player (although a good one) in front of them. People were saying 'buy a new keeper' but better value to buy a good quality DMC to accompany Romeu and give us some resilience if he gets injured or sent off.

I thought Fraser was poor in the first half of last season, but to be fair finished strongly and appeared fitter. The bigger picture I think is a senior player wanting to extend his contract which is a good sign and may rub off on others in the squad

Hoping so, rumours that he wasn't getting on with Puel but hopefully this is MP starting to settle things down a bit.

Top class keeper, made me laugh some people on his back last season (was playing with an injury for a part of the season) and yet he still kept 14 premier league clean sheets! Good news Fraser has signed a new deal. Hopefully he can push on now and become Englands number 1.

Dave Watson has Les' ear. GKs with new contracts, and not necessarily overly justified given that Stuart Taylor is probably here for the banter and FF had a long term deal anyway. Ah well, maybe some more key players signing longer term deals soon to get us all excited for the coming season...

He wasn't remotely as bad last season as some fans like to make out...

DFHFznxWsAAVG_-.jpg

I know it isn't just down to the keeper if you get a clean sheet. But he really didn't do that much wrong last season, people just focus on the limited number of mistakes and ignore the rest.

But just as when you posted this last time, his shots to saves ratio suggested that he did in fact have a terrible season. By the same token, those stats also don't tell the whole story, but they do support more what I saw with my own eyes. He did go on a particularly bad run where he failed to make any saves and was questionable for a lot of goals.

He's so slow to get down, which is perhaps understandable for a big guy, but surely on the flip side someone of his size should offer MORE in terms of coming out for crosses, commanding his area etc which he, frankly, does not do at all well.

Delighted with this.

Our defensive record since he joined us has been extraordinary.

Delighted with a new (and unnecessary?) contract for Forster and think Ward-Prowse is a star in the making. Interested to know which of our players you don't rate...?!

Plenty better out there. Forget clean sheets, look at saves made. When do you ever think " how did he save that". If it's on target, it's a high % chance it's in. How many points has he won us since he's been here, not many. Can count his great games on one finger, Arsenal away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why this was deemed necessary with 4 years left but hey ho.

Anyone who thinks FF is a liability clearly has memory issues when it comes to Kelvin and Gazza. He may have the odd mistake in him but unlike the others I don't evacuate my bowels whenever the ball goes back to him.

What was the point? He already had a long contract, and after a season in which he was barely more use than a wheelie bin, no-one else was interested in signing him.

Looks less top heavy this off season - hopefully that's a sign he's had a look at his weaknesses and is trying to address them. Agility and mobility are a real poor area.

I think he's a below average goalkeeper who only has his natural girth, a great defence, and having played previously in a one team league to thank for his reputation as one of the better keepers around. If he plays like last season, he'll be England's fifth choice, behind Hart, Butland, Pickford and Heaton - and they're not exactly the cream of the PL keepers.

But good luck to him anyway. Always happy to be proven wrong.

He wasn't remotely as bad last season as some fans like to make out...

DFHFznxWsAAVG_-.jpg

I know it isn't just down to the keeper if you get a clean sheet. But he really didn't do that much wrong last season, people just focus on the limited number of mistakes and ignore the rest.

He really didn't do much at all. I see very little from him in the way of saves, command of his area or sweeping up. He is just big and gets in the way of the ball when hit near him - which worked well against Arsenal two seasons ago, but hasn't since.

Having given him a five year deal 12 months ago I see no reason whatsoever in giving him a new contract, but it seems all the rage these days...

Thought he was poor last season bar a couple of games.

He doesn't command the box, barely leaves the goal line and doesn't organise his defenders but makes the odd good save.

Still maybe a new contract will inspire him to play better....

Or rest on his laurels.

Davinson Sanchez, Joel Veltman are the two from Ajax who I remember being linked to in the past.

But initially i thought this thread was a bump from last year, odd to give him yet another contract.

Sanchez was linked with Barcelona a few months ago. If we signed him, it would send the Liverpool supporters into overdrive.

Delighted with a new (and unnecessary?) contract for Forster and think Ward-Prowse is a star in the making. Interested to know which of our players you don't rate...?!

That's for me to know, and you to find out :) I'll let you know when I choose to share.

Coming from a Dutch side beginning with A apparently, so likely Ajax, AZ Alkmaar or Ado Den Haag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume we are talking about a new CB?

The players it could be,

Ajax:

Jairo Riedewald - contract till 2020

Davison Sanchez - contract till 2021, almost zero chance of signing him, amazing player.

Nick Viergever - contract till 2018, has been told he is not allowed to leave.

Matthijs de Ligt - contract till 2018, highly rated 18 year old defender.

AZ:

Rens van Eijden - contract till 2020

Ron Vlaar - contract till 2018, too old.

Others seem unlikely.

Ado Den Haag,

No players worth mentioning tbh