Seager signs new deal

Dangermouth

Good news, a full season out on loan will be very good for Seagers development. I've always thought of him as a very good young striker. Was having a good spell out on loan at Crewe (including a goal on his debut I think) before the bad injury he picked up. Glad he's going to get regular playing time and will come back next summer even better.

Edited by davefizzy14

Don't really see the point of this.

...What? We're giving young players longer to develop than usual academies who dump players at 18/19. He's shown huge promise, had a pretty bad injury and so we've giving him a couple more years and a loan deal to prove himself.

...What? We're giving young players longer to develop than usual academies who dump players at 18/19. He's shown huge promise, had a pretty bad injury and so we've giving him a couple more years and a loan deal to prove himself.

Agree. Don't see a down side to this. Hopefully do well as he has at each age group he's played at Saints.

It really is becoming very difficult not to become a total cynic about what is or more probably is not happening up at SMS. Les is trying to take us for fools once again but surely everyone is now wise to his old tactic of publicising new contacts to cover the lack of transfer activity. What we don't know yet is whether he is trying but failing to bring signings over the line or is just playing for time until the end of the window knowing full well that he has no intention of bringing in any new players.

The Foster signing had me wondering. now this non-news is helping to confirm what many already guessed might happen. I just do not trust the man!

It really is becoming very difficult not to become a total cynic about what is or more probably is not happening up at SMS. Les is trying to take us for fools once again but surely everyone is now wise to his old tactic of publicising new contacts to cover the lack of transfer activity. What we don't know yet is whether he is trying but failing to bring signings over the line or is just playing for time until the end of the window knowing full well that he has no intention of bringing in any new players.

The Foster signing had me wondering. now this non-news is helping to confirm what many already guessed might happen. I just do not trust the man!

WTF?

And I don't trust you to be able to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

Don't really see the point of this.

Seems a fairly well-worn road, we produce young homegrown players and re-sign them and loan them out until they either make an impact or we sell them to whoever we loaned them to most successfully if they're not good enough for us.

More to do with the fact it will add value so he can be sold next year.

Why's that a bad thing? MK Dons will pay some or all of his wages and give him games. He could come back ready to play for us. If not we may sell and he's probably worth more then than he is now. Makes sense for us, the player and probably MK Don's.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
And I don't trust you to be able to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

And I don't trust you, Les be avenue Reed, to pull your zip down before going to number one. Sensible post from a non sheeple Saints fan. More please. Les Reed, retire to as far away as possible please!

I think L1 is his level, possibly Championship. Good finisher and will always get goals but lacks either pace, strength or superior technique. Most good PL strikers have one or more of those attributes.

Not too unlike Billy Sharp.

I think L1 is his level, possibly Championship. Good finisher and will always get goals but lacks either pace, strength or superior technique. Most good PL strikers have one or more of those attributes.

Best we get him into the first team then now, you know, it's all gone wrong...

Fans of MK Dons say he reminds them of (I think it was Will) Grigg. Good movement, good pace, eye for a goal, has a good first touch.