Hassan Kachloul

twoandahalfstuds

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to chat to Hassan Kachloul earlier this week and have put the recording from our conversation up on the latest Saints FC Podcast: http://saintsfcpod.libsyn.com/

We chatted about a whole load of topics and get to the bottom of why he left Saints at the end of his three years at the club.

Let me know what you think, and also if your view on Hassan has been changed by listening to the interview. The guy came across really well to me, was very friendly and wouldn't let me draw the interview to a close without telling me how much he loved Southampton!

If you're on your iPhone this is the best link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/saints-fc-podcast/id1203625912?mt=2

If you're on any other phone search 'Saints FC Podcast' in your podcasting app and you should find us!

If you can't find the podcast in your favourite app let me know and we'll do what we can to make it available there as well.

Didn't Le Tiss score from a corner at the Dellhurst park game with 7000 Fez wearing loons paying tribute to Kachoul?

Yes, MLT did score direct from a corner and before that Beattie from another MLT delivery via his shoulder.

It was more than 7000 - I was there and we had the whole of the Arthur Waite, and plenty in the other three stands when we scored too. Must have been at least 10k. Gate was 23-24k and Wimbledon weren't in the habit of getting 17k for end of season games which didn't mean much to them.

You are right on the Fez though - and there were plenty of those too. Enjoyed watching Hassan play, don't know why it didn't work out at Villa for him.

I seem to remember him getting one as part of a hat trick against Oldham too. We lost 4-3 as I remember. Obviously, I could very well be mistaken

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That was MLT. Oldham won to stay up, Branfoot was our manager. We were awful most of the season, had a run of six runs on the spin including a stunning win v Villa and then terrible again (IIRC lost 5-2 at Sheff Wed slightly before that).

I wonder if we will look back as fondly on VVD who will also have spent three seasons here by the time he leaves next summer? I liked Hassan and without knowing the ins and outs of contract negotiations, I can't comment either way on why he left. I just remember feeling very disappointed at the time by yet another player who seemed to have little loyalty for the club. But that's football, we notice it more 'in the moment' (VVD, Wanyama, Lovren and others) and we forget it's been going on for years.

The irony is that he is now an agent. The controversy around his departure, as I recall, was that he gave his word to Ipswich and then changed his mind when Villa came in with a late - better - offer. I thought it was that which caused Lowe to label him as greedy though to be fair he also said it was out of character with the nice guy he knew at the Dell.

I saw Kachloul play for the reserves before he featured for the first team. Can't think who it was against now... He played pretty well, may even have scored, so was glad when he stepped up to the first team and ended up as a good player for us.

I wonder if we will look back as fondly on VVD who will also have spent three seasons here by the time he leaves next summer? I liked Hassan and without knowing the ins and outs of contract negotiations, I can't comment either way on why he left. I just remember feeling very disappointed at the time by yet another player who seemed to have little loyalty for the club. But that's football, we notice it more 'in the moment' (VVD, Wanyama, Lovren and others) and we forget it's been going on for years.

The irony is that he is now an agent. The controversy around his departure, as I recall, was that he gave his word to Ipswich and then changed his mind when Villa came in with a late - better - offer. I thought it was that which caused Lowe to label him as greedy though to be fair he also said it was out of character with the nice guy he knew at the Dell.

I don't even think it was about the money. Villa over Ipswich is a no brainer for any footballer, even if Ipswich were enjoying their best form in decades.

Yes, MLT did score direct from a corner and before that Beattie from another MLT delivery via his shoulder.

It was more than 7000 - I was there and we had the whole of the Arthur Waite, and plenty in the other three stands when we scored too. Must have been at least 10k. Gate was 23-24k and Wimbledon weren't in the habit of getting 17k for end of season games which didn't mean much to them.

You are right on the Fez though - and there were plenty of those too. Enjoyed watching Hassan play, don't know why it didn't work out at Villa for him.

This is more accurate... I recall (just) serrandading car fulls of Saints stood aloft a table in the high street playing OWTSGMI on my kazzoo !!! They shut the pubs for an hour after the game, had to fill the time somehow.

This is more accurate... I recall (just) serrandading car fulls of Saints stood aloft a table in the high street playing OWTSGMI on my kazzoo !!! They shut the pubs for an hour after the game, had to fill the time somehow.

I remember coming out of Thornton Heath station and thinking that we were still in Southampton. The High Street was an absolute sea of red and white.