Prediction for this season

whelk

Lower mid table. Another manager change at the season end.

We need to change the recruitment policy...how this recruitment team can fail to address whats been obvious to every Saints fan since January beats me.

There are players we can recruit for little money that are way better than what we have...or does that upset the little flowers who may get upset?

Why can we not recruit a right back that can head a ball and not a midget? One that can actually pass to his team mates...we cannot rely just on Cedric we bought cheap with Martina and now same with Pied is he really the quality we need? We have not addressed that in 3 years.

Hojberg did ok for me last night but he is no different to JWP/Davis ....get an N'zonzi type in.

Zouma was a big miss do you think Stoke are worried by a loan deal? why should we if it improves our league position.

Our academy isn't producing at the moment what we need so go and loan what we need until they are.

Are we really that short of money we cant spend 12-15m on Hoedt or Jannsen at Leeds?

We need to change the recruitment policy...how this recruitment team can fail to address whats been obvious to every Saints fan since January beats me.

There are players we can recruit for little money that are way better than what we have...or does that upset the little flowers who may get upset?

Why can we not recruit a right back that can head a ball and not a midget? One that can actually pass to his team mates...we cannot rely just on Cedric we bought cheap with Martina and now same with Pied is he really the quality we need? We have not addressed that in 3 years.

Hojberg did ok for me last night but he is no different to JWP/Davis ....get an N'zonzi type in.

Zouma was a big miss do you think Stoke are worried by a loan deal? why should we if it improves our league position.

Our academy isn't producing at the moment what we need so go and loan what we need until they are.

Are we really that short of money we cant spend 12-15m on Hoedt or Jannsen at Leeds?

I kind of agree with you but for all the obvious problems in the squad you are worried about the right back position. Really?

Read it again....did you miss Zouma and Nzonzi types unless they are now right backs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The first part of your post was about the right backs though right? I think our full backs are the only part of the squad I'm not concerned about (as long as McQueen starts above Targett)

The first part of your post was about the right backs though right? I think our full backs are the only part of the squad I'm not concerned about (as long as McQueen starts above Targett)

Last night both full backs were atrocious....agreed its not as bad as centre half x2 (Bednarak I have now watched 4 times and cant see why we bought him no better than Jones) or the strong defensive/attacking mid we are crying out for but we have absolutely no quality cover as last night showed and not addressed is my point - right back in 3 years!.

Bertrand again didn't look as though he wanted to be out there to me.

Long story, short. Yes. We don't have a magic money tree.

Jayrod money went on Forster contract? TV money, ST sales, Virgin sponsorship? Players released wages?

I am no way suggesting 20 m spent on Sahko but there must be defenders somewhere in Europe our magic box can see

that are better than what we have? Our new manager must have seen some in his time.

No, but we have the magic PL TV deal which effectively is a money tree.

Not really, what you have to face is that we have vastly overspent on all the academy and training centre lark and the money that it sucks in all the time can't be spent on the team as well. Unless of course you're producing saleable players and I see nothing in the current crop that will fetch big bucks otherwise we'd be selling them as per usual..

Some of us knew this all along. He did a ****ing good job with the rubbish he was given to work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly think our squad is pretty good. I also however think Puel did a good job with what he had, 8th place finish and cup final? He probably deserved another year at least but the fans were on his back.

Some of us knew this all along. He did a ****ing good job with the rubbish he was given to work with

Hence why hes been snapped up immediately.....

Puel was a pure duff.... right time to move on. Lets hope Reed has got it right this time.

I honestly think our squad is pretty good. I also however think Puel did a good job with what he had, 8th place finish and cup final? He probably deserved another year at least but the fans were on his back.

The fans were on his back because of the ****e football being served up 440 mins without a goal and his refusal to change tactics. Its been reported and on here that many of the players were unhappy....you all have seen that...do you really think a manager was sacked because of the fans...really? FFS.

He done a ****ing good job of ****ing half the squad off as well. Strange you just seem to ignore this.

The fans were on his back because of the ****e football being served up 440 mins without a goal and his refusal to change tactics. Its been reported and on here that many of the players were unhappy....you all have seen that...do you really think a manager was sacked because of the fans...really? FFS.
of course he was sacked a large part due to the fans. Watch the EFL cup final again and see how good our team played. The difference was that we had a goalscorer who knew how to put the ball in the net. That changed everyones perception of the team. We created loads of chances but didn't have anybody to finish. A dull 0-0 draw becomes a good game if the ball goes into the net. The board not buying someone last summer to score was patently obvious to most on here. The same is happening this summer and the chicken is running back to roost.

I'm not disagreeing, I understand the reasons he was let go. I personally would have given him another season is all. I think it takes more than one year to impress a style on a squad.

Not sure how much time MoPe or some of the players will get from the fan base this season unless we get off to a storming start. There were was booing at the full time whistle at last night's game and Forster was getting jeered by the home fans in the second half for everything. I could see it being very toxic at home games this season as soon as we have any sort of wobble.

He done a ****ing good job of ****ing half the squad off as well. Strange you just seem to ignore this.

Let's see how the same players get on with a manager that wants to cuddle them. Let's see where we finish compared to Puel, you can't "ignore that"

Let's see how the same players get on with a manager that wants to cuddle them. Let's see where we finish compared to Puel, you can't "ignore that"

Why do you keep mentioning where we finished last season? Puel wasn't sacked because he only finished 8th.

If we finish 9th and don't get to a final, but the fans and players love Pellegrino, do you think he'll get the chop (of course you'll have a few idiots asking for him to go, in fact you'll probably be one of them, continuing to bang on about where we finished under Puel)?

The board, rightly IMO, looked at the bigger picture and took fans and players consideration before making a judgement on the manager.

Was optimistic of top 10 but was totally shocked by what I saw last night. 13th-16th with a fair wind. How anyone can expect more when our squad is arguably worse than last year (assuming no VVD and with Gallagher being worse than JRod) I've no idea. Completely baffled by our transfer business this summer to be honest especially with clubs of similar size making some impressive signings (Bournemouth, West Ham, Everton, Leicester). Signing Bednarek seems completely pointless to me, way off the pace even in friendly games, at the moment I would rather play Gardos if we absolutely had to (by which I mean, if Stephens or Yosh were injured on Saturday...what a horrible thought).

I suspect we'll cobble something together and avoid total catastrophe, but it's going to be soberingly ugly. Pellegrino will probably realise that the only way this dire squad can compete is by defending in numbers and hoping to nick something on the counter or from a set-piece. Pulis-ball.

15th.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Why do you keep mentioning where we finished last season? Puel wasn't sacked because he only finished 8th.

If we finish 9th and don't get to a final, but the fans and players love Pellegrino, do you think he'll get the chop (of course you'll have a few idiots asking for him to go, in fact you'll probably be one of them, continuing to bang on about where we finished under Puel)?

The board, rightly IMO, looked at the bigger picture and took fans and players consideration before making a judgement on the manager.

If we finish 9th I won't be "one of the idiots" asking for him to go. In fact I'll be saying that he's done a ****ing good job with the squad he's been given. Only idiots would want a manager out whose done a good job. Of course, uber fans like you judge managers on how happy the players are, or fans are, or how excited you are at matches. Me, I judge managers on the league position given the relevant strength of the squad. It's pretty obvious to me that last season & this we've got a god damn average squad.

I know you don't like the the fact we finished 8th, but we did. We were English footballs 8th best team. Let's see where we are this year with a similar squad

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

11th-13th and a lot of disappointed supporters.

Not if there's a lot of 5-5 draws there won't be. It'll be great, especially if the players are happy & the manger gives decent press conferences. In fact if he jumps around in the technical area he may get a contract extension

If we finish 9th I won't be "one of the idiots" asking for him to go. In fact I'll be saying that he's done a ****ing good job with the squad he's been given. Only idiots would want a manager out whose done a good job. Of course, uber fans like you judge managers on how happy the players are, or fans are, or how excited you are at matches. Me, I judge managers on the league position given the relevant strength of the squad. It's pretty obvious to me that last season & this we've got a god damn average squad.

I know you don't like the the fact we finished 8th, but we did. We were English footballs 8th best team. Let's see where we are this year with a similar squad

But all in all Puel didn't do a good job, did he.

Yes we somehow crawled to 8th (For what I will give him credit, however, it could easily have been 12th had half of the league not given up in the final couple of weeks), but we got humiliated in the FA cup, get knocked out at the group stage (which contained 2 pub teams) of the EL and he managed to **** off 90% of the fan base and squad doing so.

I admire your simplistic view on things, but you really need to look at other contributing factors. If we finish 12th (which as I said, could easily have been the case last year had it not been for a bit of luck) but finish on 50 points (4 more than this year) which would you say is a more successful season?

Personally, for me as I'm sure others as well, the difference between finishing 8th or 12th is minimal and if it meant see more goals scored and gaining more points (which obviously means more wins and / or draws), i'd rather finish 12th.

FWIW I agree with you in that our squad is bang average. In fact, I think Puel had more luck with the squad than MoPe has had so far. At least Puel had VvD, Fonte and a sh!t hot Gabbiadini (had it not been for his instant impact we'd have been in big trouble) and even then, after a couple of months under Puel, 2 become average (Fonte & Gabbiadini).

So we're going to have retrospective Puel praise? Despite the fact the majority of players massively underperformed under him.

I don't know if MP is going to be good or not, but he has some decent players and should be able to get us scoring goals. If not, I'll question his ability, not suddenly decide his predecessor was good.

It is not retrospective as far as I'm concerned, it was shameful the way he was sacked.I would be delighted with us underperforming Puel wise. 8th and a Cup final would be fine by me again.

Come back and give me a told you so post in 6 months and I will be delighted to say I was wrong and it was right to get rid of a pretty successful manager considering the squad he was given. Of course he was rubbish at interviews which seems very important it seems

Edited by OldNick

It is not retrospective as far as I'm concerned, it was shameful the way he was sacked.I would be delighted with us underperforming Puel wise. 8th and a Cup final would be fine by me again.

Come back and give me a told you so post in 6 months and I will be delighted to say I was wrong and it was right to get rid of a pretty successful manager considering the squad he was given. Of course he was rubbish at interviews which seems very important it seems

It wasn't shameful he was sacked, it was shameful that the club took ages to do it after the season had finished. As usual it set the whole preparation for the new season and recruitment back by a month.

Our football at home was absolutely turgid last season. 90% of supporters could see that, and it had to change. A few happy claps were content, but as a season ticket holder I have never been so bored as watching the tripe Puel's side dished up.

The ultimate statement of his limited style was playing for a 0-0 draw at home to Hapoel. If people wonder why VVD wants out, you only need to have seen his expression after that game. Disappointed and ****ed off that we went out with a whimper. The guy wants to win, and I can see why he wants out.

As we have shown zero ambition in recruitment, and most fans can see we are 3 players short in dm, cb, and am.

How do we know VVD didn't find out there was to be no recruitment and decided well sod that I'm off then? Obviously he takes the flak, club smells of roses. As always when our better players want out, it's never the club's fault...?

It wasn't shameful he was sacked, it was shameful that the club took ages to do it after the season had finished. As usual it set the whole preparation for the new season and recruitment back by a month.

Our football at home was absolutely turgid last season. 90% of supporters could see that, and it had to change. A few happy claps were content, but as a season ticket holder I have never been so bored as watching the tripe Puel's side dished up.

The ultimate statement of his limited style was playing for a 0-0 draw at home to Hapoel. If people wonder why VVD wants out, you only need to have seen his expression after that game. Disappointed and ****ed off that we went out with a whimper. The guy wants to win, and I can see why he wants out.

As we have shown zero ambition in recruitment, and most fans can see we are 3 players short in dm, cb, and am.

How do we know VVD didn't find out there was to be no recruitment and decided well sod that I'm off then? Obviously he takes the flak, club smells of roses. As always when our better players want out, it's never the club's fault...?

I'm n longer a S/T holder but the games I went to I was well entertained. Some of the football was as good Ive seen for 20years. The home game in the EFL cup was fantastic, WHU away again there were periods of sublime stuff, add to that the Everton game at home. Games always seem better if you score and that was the problem, we sold our main goalscorrs from the previous season and didn't replace until late in the season. I don't hold to the fact that Austin came as Pelles replacement as we were short up front when he arrived anyway.

I'm n longer a S/T holder but the games I went to I was well entertained. Some of the football was as good Ive seen for 20years. The home game in the EFL cup was fantastic, WHU away again there were periods of sublime stuff, add to that the Everton game at home. Games always seem better if you score and that was the problem, we sold our main goalscorrs from the previous season and didn't replace until late in the season. I don't hold to the fact that Austin came as Pelles replacement as we were short up front when he arrived anyway.

There were 3 home games last season worthy of an entry fee.

Inter, Sparta and Leicester. Everything else we served up was garbage.

Everton was good too...how ON can say was as good as last 20 years...better than Sunderland 8-0, Villa 6, Arsenal 4-0, Man City 4-2 etc none of the games last year even came close! Spurs first 20 minutes was the best for me....but then once they got the measure Puel was out of his depth tactically.

Puel is going to suffer the same fate on here as an injured player - viewed as infinitely better when not around and forgetting the absolute garbage they serve up the majority of the time.

And you could have got two of them as part of a bundle ;)

Don't forget Liverpool semi final. Burnley must have been fairly decent, even if it was a little frustrating - didn't we have the most shots on goal for 10 years or something? How about Palace or Everton?

And you could have got two of them as part of a bundle ;)

Don't forget Liverpool semi final. Burnley must have been fairly decent, even if it was a little frustrating - didn't we have the most shots on goal for 10 years or something? How about Palace or Everton?

Missed the palace and Everton games, but yeah Burnley was ok....frustrating as you said, should have been many more than the 3. Hopeless finishing on show that day!

Missed the palace and Everton games, but yeah Burnley was ok....frustrating as you said, should have been many more than the 3. Hopeless finishing on show that day!

Oh so it's only games you went to? Fck me this place