So who will be the first Saints player...

doddisalegend

Won't be Long, he won't be on the pitch. Boufal seems like a likely one, mainly because he spends so much time getting hoofed he's adept at avoiding contact and still getting the foul.

The trial by video annoys me though, it's just another opportunity for the Premier League to skew things to meet their narrative.

Do we win penalties/get people sent off (like some other teams) though?

Yeh Tadic/Boufal might go down easily when clipped but we've never profited from it with penalties or cards...

Only Red card I can remember was when Arnautovic lashed out at Boufal and was rightly sent off.

I think Long is the only player who I've seen properly dive recently.

Long might actually come out of this quite well seeing as he gets chuff all by reputation, might find he actually gets some decisions when they find he was actually fouled. Arsenal last season he got raked on the back of the leg, and the ref and lino ignored, no doubt on reputation, leading to their winner.

Still the usual suspects will get away with it, just like United still seem to be getting away with haranguing the ref!

Ref says you dived = yellow card. Video review panel says you dived = 2 match ban.

Impeccable logic there.

This is bound to be applied completely inconsistently and cause unnecessary ****-storms.

Adds to the drama and media spectacle which is exactly what they want.

No doubt the usual divers (Man u, Chelsea, etc) will be rolling around and get nothing and then some player from a small team like us will get the book thrown at them for way less.

Exactly this. Plus they'll gang up screaming at the ref for a card every time an oppo player breathes within ten yards of them, and as usual the ref will duly produce one.

Long might actually come out of this quite well seeing as he gets chuff all by reputation, might find he actually gets some decisions when they find he was actually fouled. Arsenal last season he got raked on the back of the leg, and the ref and lino ignored, no doubt on reputation, leading to their winner.

Still the usual suspects will get away with it, just like United still seem to be getting away with haranguing the ref!

Refs are very harsh on Long. He's had some stone wall fouls on him not given. i think the thing he does when he uses his pace to get in front of a defender then almost stops, causing a foul, annoys the refs so they don't give him other blatant fouls.

Tadic is our Master Diver. Sound effects and everything from him!

I actually don't think Tadic blatantly dives in the way that would warrant earning a 2 match ban, a la Ashley Young. What he tends to do is go down too easily and make a meal of the softest contact, and contact which is never likely to result in a free kick. His classic move is with the ball running away from him, getting a brush from the thigh of the defender and doing an elongated 'reach' to the floor, as if someone has stapled his feet to the floor.

I have seen Boufal dive with no contact whatsoever though, so will have to plump for him.

Refs are very harsh on Long. He's had some stone wall fouls on him not given. i think the thing he does when he uses his pace to get in front of a defender then almost stops, causing a foul, annoys the refs so they don't give him other blatant fouls.

Tadic is our Master Diver. Sound effects and everything from him!

BIB: This really annoys me too. He is far from the only culprit. It's not diving, Long (and all others that do it) are unavoidably clattered into and brought down, but IMO fouls shouldn't be given for this. Some forwards seem to treat this as a skill but for me it's just as much cheating as diving. The defender probably has no intention of fouling but unavoidably makes contact due to the forwards actions. As much as I want to see divers punished I'd like to see any yellow/red cards given to defenders in these circumstances reviewed as well.

no rules for the opposite though what if a player is fouled should have had a legitimate penalty and the ref calls it dive do the robbed team get a retrospective penalty...

Have you been drinking???!!! :D

With that in mind, and in these days of political correctness and doing the right thing, the game should be replayed from the point in the game where that error was made. ;):?

....... imagine the carnage, you would never see a soft penalty again!