What should VVD do if he stays?

Pass the Dutchie

Keep his head down and play with as much effort as he can and show how good we all know he is
Yes, and show some genuine commitment. He's pretty well got to make a statement admitting he wanted a big money move but accepts he has a responsibility to Saints. Needs some positive noises about the new manager and ambition for this season.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All of this makes me really miss the days of the lower leagues when we had players who actually gave a crap.

Totally with you here, the best time supporting Saints since the early 80's under Lawrie.

Personally I think VVD has to go now. I do not recall it dragging on as long with Morgan or Big Vic though I could be wrong. I also though Big Vic was poor that season although full credit to Morgan as he really knuckled down. Oh and one last thing Morgan and Big Vic were not the captain of the team and under a 5 year contract. VVD is going the same way as Fonte and I want him out asap.

I hope we at least slap him with a hefty fine. Once a judas always a judas - agreed lets get rid of him.

What message does that send out to our other and future players? That the club will cave at the slightest provocation, even if you just signed a long contract, and that it is perfectly ok for other clubs to tap up our players. At some point the club has to put its foot down and make a stand.

What message does that send out to our other and future players? That the club will cave at the slightest provocation, even if you just signed a long contract, and that it is perfectly ok for other clubs to tap up our players. At some point the club has to put its foot down and make a stand.

This or players will sign extensions for lots of extra ££££ giving the club and fans all the bull sh it and then say f uk it i have been offered more somewhere else so i can say i want out and be let go....

It will be a green light for the most blatant money grabbing tos sers to do as they please

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Is there any way he can save some of his reputation if he stays? So far he hasn't been quoted directly and hasn't been publicly outspoken on his social media, which I assume is related to this scenario. Is there a way back into the Saints hearts?

No he is a disgrace

The whole situation is likely to end badly

Depends on how much of a crap bloke VVD really is

At the end of the last Australian footy season, bryce Gibbs told Carlton he wanted to go to Adelaide and he had to get there. Carlton told Gibbs he was only 2 years into a 5 year deal and he could only go if Adelaide gave them over the odds in a trade, Adelaide wouldn't do that so he was forced to stay.

He is having his best ever season now for Carlton so it's not an impossible situation to recover from

What should he do?

He should f***ing well knuckle down and get on with doing the job that he gets paid an already very handsome salary to do, that's what.

Some of you lot are a right precious bunch, honestly. A 100-page long thread, containing mostly abuse and lines such as "f*** him - let the c**t rot in the reserves, get rid of the disloyal judas". It's embarrassing.

He is still a Saints player and we have nothing but rumour and speculation about him demanding a move. Not a single direct quote from the player himself.

We all knew he was too good for us within weeks of him signing. It was inevitable that he would leave at some point, so why is anybody even surprised?

As long as he puts in some decent performances and doesn't just coast through the season like Wanyama did in his last year with us, then I'm absolutely fine with him staying if he helps us win some games. That's all that really matters.

Totally with you here, the best time supporting Saints since the early 80's under Lawrie.

Personally I think VVD has to go now. I do not recall it dragging on as long with Morgan or Big Vic though I could be wrong. I also though Big Vic was poor that season although full credit to Morgan as he really knuckled down. Oh and one last thing Morgan and Big Vic were not the captain of the team and under a 5 year contract. VVD is going the same way as Fonte and I want him out asap.

It may not have dragged on longer because it didn't start so early. Morgan played in the first game of the season against Liverpool, but virtually up until that point 'wasn't in the right frame of mind'. Wanyama actually refused to play (pretended to be injured) in our Europa League game in Midtylland, and that was 27 August, even though I don't really recall him kicking up much of a fuss until then.

Basically, they've all done it. The timing is more about when the club first has to knock back interest from them, and in this case Liverpool played their hand early. And illegally.

Public apology, knuckle down and play well, see where we stand next Summer is the best case scenario. At worst, knuckle down and play well until January then see where we stand; although selling mid season would be daft unless we pre-sign his replacement before September 1st.

If either case plays out I'd expect him to be stripped of captaincy, and I personally will no longer take part in his chant or boo him either; his actions have left him as nothing more than a footballer who happens to be contracted to the club I support at this point.

Absolutely spot on. Get him out asap.

Depends on how much of a crap bloke VVD really is

At the end of the last Australian footy season, bryce Gibbs told Carlton he wanted to go to Adelaide and he had to get there. Carlton told Gibbs he was only 2 years into a 5 year deal and he could only go if Adelaide gave them over the odds in a trade, Adelaide wouldn't do that so he was forced to stay.

He is having his best ever season now for Carlton so it's not an impossible situation to recover from

So what you're saying is VVD will put the effort in, home and away?

We could have a disco and maybe someone could make some biscuits or cakes?

Or possibly we could hold a 'Vigil for Virgil' where we get some t-shirts done and light some candles. "We stand with Les, or Virgil" I don't mind which.

To prove his commitment he should be made to sing "When I was just a little boy..." on video, Benali style, and be made to wear red and white face paint for his first 6 home games.

Uruk-Hai style. Think all the players should.