Saints 0 FC Augsburg 4 - Match Thread

eurosaint

P!ssing down all day so I think I'll give it a miss even although I bought a ticket in advance ( cheap double header with the Seville game ! ).

I'm guessing that there will be almost no 'walk-up' so it could be like a morgue !

Not ideal for Mauricio's first home outing !!

P!ssing down all day so I think I'll give it a miss even although I bought a ticket in advance ( cheap double header with the Seville game ! ).

I'm guessing that there will be almost no 'walk-up' so it could be like a morgue !

Not ideal for Mauricio's first home outing !!

It's a pre-season friendly doubt anyone is expecting much of an atmosphere. I'm going more because I want to see how MoPe has changed things and got us playing first hand rather than through a constantly freezing live stream.

I told the kids I'd managed to get tickets for tonight's and the weekend's games, and they were really excited. Even the 5yr old seemed keen, and he got bored last time. Proper family night out :)

Then I looked outside.

Right then.....

The bench looks a better side

The game in 3 days vs Sevilla is the tougher match, the starting XI for Swansea may be kept fresh to test themselves vs Sevilla in the last friendly of the summer. It is the Sevilla game when we'll have a better understanding of Pellegrino's plan for Swansea.

The game in 3 days vs Sevilla is the tougher match, the starting XI for Swansea may be kept fresh to test themselves vs Sevilla in the last friendly of the summer. It is the Sevilla game when we'll have a better understanding of Pellegrino's plan for Swansea.

I'd say our strongest XI is an almost 50:50 hybrid of those two sides. The starting 11 plus Cedric, Bertrand, Gabbi, Tadic and Stephens/Virgil. Freshness wont be an issue, it's the first game for crying out loud.

Anyone know anything about the McCarthey situation? I swear he's been injured since about September...Which as we know as well as anyone, can happen but I don't remember reading that it was a long term injury or even a very bad one. Or has it just been lots of little ones?

Anyone know anything about the McCarthey situation? I swear he's been injured since about September...Which as we know as well as anyone, can happen but I don't remember reading that it was a long term injury or even a very bad one. Or has it just been lots of little ones?

Been sold to Barnsley unfortunately