Saints 0 FC Augsburg 4 - Match Thread

eurosaint

silver lining is that this is the perfect kick up the bung hole leslie needs to go out and sign some quality. what we've been doing up until this late into the transfer window is beyond me. last seasons issues aren't going away with prayers and 4th choice cbs after all.

The manager will carry the can. We have a squad that should get into Europe.

(Supposedly).

silver lining is that this is the perfect kick up the bung hole leslie needs to go out and sign some quality. what we've been doing up until this late into the transfer window is beyond me. last seasons issues aren't going away with prayers and 4th choice cbs after all.

You are kidding me right. He should be kicked... out the ****ing club.

Unfortunately, other than 45 minutes last Saturday, today's performance is no difference to any others this pre season.

Today is a shining example of why our business model is very very high risk. We've been left with a squad full of very bang average players and if we don't make a couple of shrewd signings in the next couple of weeks we could be in trouble this season.

It's no wonder Tuchel turned us down.

Its a friendly ie not competitive with a ridiculous amount of changes so teams like Liverpool can comfortably beat Bayern Munich and Barcelona. :mcinnes:

I personally can't even be bothered to watch them, wait till the real stuff starts then have a moan if that's crap :rolleyes:

God this is worrying. It's clear our squad isn't good enough. For those saying it's only pre season we are 10 days away and are at home to an average side in a worse league and we aren't only losing but are getting a good hiding. Could always see a struggle this season. Unless Les gets the cheque book out (which he won't IMO) our primary aim is survival this year. Blimey, I'm agreeing with Daley....

On the basis of that, Forster still looks worryingly slow, Bednarek isn't anywhere near good enough, Pied ok, Yosh and Stephens too weak in the air, Hojbjerg lightweight and error prone, DM without Romeu is a disaster area. Long isn't a winger. Austin too static.

Let's hope we're saving it for Saturday. This is depressing: Puel's lack of creativity without his reasonably strong defence.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

we all know les aint going nowhere anytime soon. we could sink all the way into league 1 and he'd still be here doing crappy pr vids.

I raised concerns about Les as soon as Nic moved on. We were on the crest of a wave and we were always going to be ok for a few seasons (momentum curve)

His appointments, his signings and his pr crap are mostly fails and he is ready for retirement. All IMHO

Going backwards fast.

So funny we get the same reaction to pre-season each year. Never in the history of the Premier league have pre-season results or performances had the slightest bearing on the season ahead.

Panic away though, it's still entertaining - if a little repetitive!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk