Saints 0 FC Augsburg 4 - Match Thread

eurosaint

This thread is an absolute disgrace.

Hit the woodwork twice, had the lion's share of chances and conceded 2 fantastic goals.

Hardly worthy of this ridiculous meltdown. Pathetic.

who is having a meltdown. The performance is dreadful.

people are saying how they see it

I'm fine with the offensive effort given the players that out there. But the defensive coverage is sooo poor once they get past the midfield (wich they've done far too easily too). PEH is a non-factor. I rather see Clasie given more of a shot at that position.

Yoshi is the only one on the back four from the starting eleven and it shows. But even him has looked weak.

You get bad performances in league games and friendlies, let's not overreact. I think it's needed to see where the weaknesses are and what needs improving. In fairness the game has been very even but we didn't take our chances and got punished for it. It's a poor performance in terms of movement and silly mistakes. But by no means should it mean a meltdown on here.

They are the same ones as last season which exist because we have the same players:

- no cohesion, balance or understanding in the final third

- limited physical presence which allows teams to attack us directly with purpose and just stride past us

These are limitations of our personnel and not our manager.

Still, its just a pre-season friendly with half a team who won't start against Swansea I suppose.

They are the same ones as last season which exist because we have the same players:

- no cohesion, balance or understanding in the final third

- limited physical presence which allows teams to attack us directly with purpose and just stride past us

These are limitations of our personnel and not our manager.

Still, its just a pre-season friendly with half a team who won't start against Swansea I suppose.

Spot on with your observation, I hope your last sentence is also true...

I have to say sitting here at SMS we aren't looking much different from last season style wise. A bit more pressing (not very effectively it has to be said) than under Puel but mostly its get the ball out wide and bang in a cross to a lone saints player who actually bothered to get into the box.

This thread is an absolute disgrace.

Hit the woodwork twice, had the lion's share of chances and conceded 2 fantastic goals.

Hardly worthy of this ridiculous meltdown. Pathetic.

Don't worry mate, it's the way of things on here - be happy that nobody has yet talked about giving up their season tickets !

I honestly wonder if some of these prats have ever watched pre-season friendlies before !

Result means nothing, the object of the exercise is that the manager learns about players and tactics, then when the season proper starts the intensity kicks in, it's an 'open doors' training match, nothing more !

This what happens when a club gets complacent in terms of new blood...at our level you need that to provide competition to drive up standards. We've gone backwards over the last 2 seasons and now look a less cohesive/effective side than our first season back in the Prem IMO. Poor show Les & Co.

Don't worry mate, it's the way of things on here - be happy that nobody has yet talked about giving up their season tickets !

I honestly wonder if some of these prats have ever watched pre-season friendlies before !

Result means nothing, the object of the exercise is that the manager learns about players and tactics, then when the season proper starts the intensity kicks in, it's an 'open doors' training match, nothing more !

Yes the result is unimportant but with one pre season game left you would expect to see encouraging signs in the performance and start to get a feeling for the new managers style.

So far it would seem the style and performances aren't really any different from last season.